Top 50 Prospects Currently in the NFL

tannenballs

14 minutes ago, tannenballs said:

Because he's going to have an even bigger impact than Darius Leonard last year. He's going to be the best linebacker in the NFL for 10 years. 

*Shrug*

That's nice, but Ed Oliver compares favorably to Aaron Donald. He's on a very good defense with a top 3 secondary, and was really productive against top teams in CFB, while being the only player worthy of note at UH.

I'm certain that Oliver is going to win DROY. 

8 hours ago, ET80 said:

*Shrug*

That's nice, but Ed Oliver compares favorably to Aaron Donald. He's on a very good defense with a top 3 secondary, and was really productive against top teams in CFB, while being the only player worthy of note at UH.

Ed Oliver isn't 1/2 the pass rusher of Donald. Donald's production in a better conference was far better

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 5:22 PM, tannenballs said:

They've been crushing the draft the last few years. I almost didn't list Allen because of the year he had but I think he takes an even bigger step forward. 

The Redskins always draft like that. Every year for the past decade I look at their draft and go 'oh man they slayed it' because its a bunch of flashy picks of guys I like. Its like the Redskins draft strategy is watch Youtube highlight videos like I do and look at some mock drafts then go into the war room.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

The Redskins always draft like that. Every year for the past decade I look at their draft and go 'oh man they slayed it' because its a bunch of flashy picks of guys I like. Its like the Redskins draft strategy is watch Youtube highlight videos like I do and look at some mock drafts then go into the war room.

Huh?

Brandon Scherff

Preston Smith

Jamison Crowder

Matt Ioannidis

Kendall Fuller

Jonathan Allen

Fabian Moreau

Chase Roullier

Da'ron Payne

Derrius Guice

Tim Settle

Greg Stroman

Trey Quinn

Those have all been good picks for us over the past few years, and the ones I bolded have been great picks for us.  You'll notice that the guys in bold are generally considered to be far from flashy.

Edited by HTTRG3Dynasty
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 10:47 AM, tannenballs said:

Because he's going to have an even bigger impact than Darius Leonard last year. He's going to be the best linebacker in the NFL for 10 years. 

Are you Devin White?  Seriously?

I mean a guy who knows something about great off ball LBers (he did coach Bowman, Willis, Lewis) said neither of the Devins were the caliber of Roquan Smith or LVE, who were only drafted a year ago.  Then you have Leonard too.  I mean good on you for sticking to your gun, but I dont see how, with the caliber of picks over the past 3 years, you can justify White as #1

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 12:04 PM, ET80 said:

*Shrug*

I'm assuming you mean they compare favorably from a physical standpoint - because production (college), attitude and (probably) work ethic are a completely different story.

24 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I'm assuming you mean they compare favorably from a physical standpoint - because production (college), attitude and (probably) work ethic are a completely different story.

Physical standpoint - I don't think either of us can comment on attitude or work ethic.

You can make assumptions, but the only ironclad difference is statistical output. Which I'll concede, Donald was more productive than I give him credit for.

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Physical standpoint - I don't think either of us can comment on attitude or work ethic.

You can make assumptions, but the only ironclad difference is statistical output. Which I'll concede, Donald was more productive than I give him credit for.

There were multiple things talked about with Oliver regarding his attitude or personality issues.

With Donald everything you've read has pretty much been the opposite.

Obviously we don't know either guy, but then we could say that for every athlete and never comment about them in that capacity.

• 3 weeks later...

Too early to do this list and include guys drafted in 2019 because they have not even played in the league yet.

If you just go on guys drafted in 2018 and 2017 might look like this.

Patrick Mahomes QB
Saquon Barkley RB
DeShaun Watson QB
Myles Garrett DE
Baker Mayfield QB
Jamal Adams  S
Quenton Nelson OG
Josh Allen QB
Derwin James S
Alvin Kamara RB
Leighton Vander Esch LB
Minkah Fitzpatrick CB/S
Denzel Ward CB  
Ryan Ramczyk OT
Sam Darnold QB
Mitchell Trubisky QB
Jonathan Allen DL
George Kittle TE
TJ Watt OLB
Calvin Ridley WR
Mike McGlinchey OT
John Johnson  S
Tre'Davious White CB
Marshon Lattimore CB
Roquan Smith LB
Leonard Fournette RB
Darius Leonard LB
Jarrad Davis LB
OJ Howard TE
Marcus Davenport DE  
JuJu Smith-Schuster  WR
Daron Payne DL
Buddha Baker S
Christian McCaffrey RB
Bradley Chubb LB
Sony Michel RB
Termaine Edmunds LB
Josh Rosen QB
Dalvin Cook RB
Vita Vea DT
Lamar Jackson QB  
Shaquill Griffin CB
Marlon Humphrey CB  
Jessie Bates S
Joe Mixon  RB
Desmond King S
Jabrill Peppers S
Dan Feeney OG
James Conner RB
Eddie Jackson S

But even doing this list for top 50 is hard because so many have not played yet.  Two years in the NFL is not a career, much less zero.  Need at least 4 year sample size I would say.  You include Josh Rosen and leave out Mahomes, Baker Mayfield and Watson?  Are you nuts?  You include 2017-2019 and this is the list?  What you do not include them because they have succeeded?  This is a list of players who have not played much yet or what?  Does not make much sense to me honestly. 

It is simply way to early to tell any of this, but Devin White will not be the best prospect out of the 2017-2018 and 2019 draft classes, that is a fact.  With the young QB talent in 17 and 18 one of them will be #1 overall.  Way too small of sample size no question, it is shocking how some players in 2017 are simply off the map already as football players.  Does not take long and they are gone for good apparently.  

Including the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 NFL draft classes.  Here is a top 100 list I made quickly, sure I missed some players but is a better example I feel than a 1 year sample size and hard to compare players who are less experienced for sure.  So going back 4 years and did not include the 2019 class.

Top 100:

Patrick Mahomes QB
Saquon Barkley RB
Joey Bosa DE
DeShaun Watson QB
Myles Garrett DE
Jalen Ramsey CB
Danielle Hunter DE
Michael Thomas WR    
Carson Wentz QB  
Baker Mayfield QB
Jamal Adams  S