Anthony Davis traded to Lakers (Ball/Ingram/Hart/3 1sts)

NYRaider

19 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

In real time the Celtics gave up a lot for Kyrie so I wouldn’t say Ainge was afraid of using assets.  Remember how valuable everyone thought that Brooklyn pick was two years ago?

He made that move knowing IT was a shell of himself. Heck, Cavs realized after his physical examination that he wasn't right and still made the trade. So was the Nets pick valuable? Yes, but Ainge also had a shot at getting an elite PG who had two years on his deal to replace a washed IT. If that's the only real asset he gave up? Then that's all that needs to be said here. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I’m not even a little sad we didn’t make moves for Paul George and Jimmy Butler lol.

Retool the offense around Jayson Tatum and you guys will be fine. If you hit in the draft this year, would be huge. 

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He made that move knowing IT was a shell of himself. Heck, Cavs realized after his physical examination that he wasn't right and still made the trade. So was the Nets pick valuable? Yes, but Ainge also had a shot at getting an elite PG who had two years on his deal to replace a washed IT. If that's the only real asset he gave up? Then that's all that needs to be said here. 

No, he knew Kyrie had a hip issue. Nobody knew it was going to effect him this badly and everyone though that Brooklyn pick was a top 3 lock. 

Ive debunked the “Danny is afraid to use his assets” myth about 5 times but you can be next in line if you want.

14 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

They only know what people tell them dude. All Danny has to do is make a phone call. As much as it’s fun to bash the Lakers, they didn’t give all this up if Boston’s offer wasn’t reasonably competitive. 

You understand that's not how this works right? These dudes having working relationships with everyone in the league. Their jobs depend on them giving reliable information. They report what they are told and relationships would be ruined if they were getting fed incorrect information. 

Maybe if it was a local beat guy that's just a mouthpiece, but the top level guys aren't going to be reporting false information. 

13 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Nah easier to just say Ainge is a coward and bad GM

I think he's a good GM, I just think it's fair to question how he's handled building this team. I think it's an interesting discussion. If I was a Celtics fan I'd probably be understanding, but as a neutral NBA fan hearing about their war chest for so long it is pretty shocking how it all worked out. 

• Like 4