Anthony Davis traded to Lakers (Ball/Ingram/Hart/3 1sts)

NYRaider

My opinion about Ainge is that he had and still has assets but is holding on to them very tight because he wants to absolutely win the end of a trade. It doesnt work that way in sports. A trade usually should be as close to 50/50 as possible where both teams feel like they won. You have to give something to get something and Ainge doesnt want to do that. The Celtics right now all they have is potential but as former coach Brian Billick once said, "potential gets your fired". If the Celtics dont win anything it wouldnt surprise me if Ainge gets fired down the road because of all the opportunities he has had to go get a Kawhi, AD, PG13 but turned it down because he didnt want to give up his assets. Especially since we saw what the Raptors did by taking a risk by firing the coach of the year in Casey and hired a new young up and coming bright mind in Nurse then traded for Kawhi whom there was no promise he would stay. They got over the hump and won a title by again trading for a guy who could be gone and the guy they traded away was an all-star in Derozan and he loved the Raptors. Point is eventually Ainge is going to have to look himself in the mirror if the Celtics dont win anything and say if holding on to those assets too tight was a mistake?

Edited by stl4life07

Ainge did the right thing. You don't give up Tatum for a 1yr rental. He's gotta hope though that Tatum, Brown, And Rozier can progress into perennial all stars plus bring in a few other pieces. Stevens is a good enough coach to get this team to an ECF, but they're not a championship caliber team.  

10 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Ainge did the right thing. You don't give up Tatum for a 1yr rental. He's gotta hope though that Tatum, Brown, And Rozier can progress into perennial all stars plus bring in a few other pieces. Stevens is a good enough coach to get this team to an ECF, but they're not a championship caliber team.  

I don't think we'll bring Rozier tbh.

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Why not? Especially with Kyrie walking. What's the downside/issue?

He's going to outprice himself. I think some team will pay him more than he's worth. I don't dislike him as a player, he's just a good role player and I see someone paying him as a good starter. 

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

If his only fault is not giving up our best young players for 1 year rentals 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️I’m okay with that. It’s easy to criticize using hindsight bias. 

You said that the C's didn't give up their young players for Paul George or Kawhi Leonard because they were saving up for Anthony Davis.  Now that Anthony Davis has been traded to the Lakers, who are the C's saving up their assets for?

I do find the irony of you complaining about criticizing using hindsight, but you have no issue praising based on hindsight.  Interesting.

Just now, CWood21 said:

You said that the C's didn't give up their young players for Paul George or Kawhi Leonard because they were saving up for Anthony Davis.  Now that Anthony Davis has been traded to the Lakers, who are the C's saving up their assets for?

I do find the irony of you complaining about criticizing using hindsight, but you have no issue praising based on hindsight.  Interesting.

Just wait until the excuses roll out for why Tatum never sniffed being a top 10 player.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

He's going to outprice himself. I think some team will pay him more than he's worth. I don't dislike him as a player, he's just a good role player and I see someone paying him as a good starter. 

Then who's the Celtics starting PG this year?  

4 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

No, he knew Kyrie had a hip issue. Nobody knew it was going to effect him this badly and everyone though that Brooklyn pick was a top 3 lock. 

Ive debunked the “Danny is afraid to use his assets” myth about 5 times but you can be next in line if you want.

No.  You've cited one-post Big 3 trade to justify your argument.  And as I (and others) mentioned, the only notable asset they gave up was the Nets FRP.  They gave up damaged goods in Isaiah Thomas, a couple of role players in Ante Zizic and Jae Crowder, and what was a giant (albeit valuable) lotto ticket with the Nets FRP.  They've made 17 selections over the last 4 years, which I believe (don't quote me on this one) is the most picks made by one team in the last 4 years.  And they've got another 4 picks right now this year alone. What do they have to show for that?  Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.

3 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Just wait until the excuses roll out for why Tatum never sniffed being a top 10 player.

It already started.  He regressed this year because of Brad Stevens, the other young players, Kyrie Irving, etc.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No.  You've cited one-post Big 3 trade to justify your argument.  And as I (and others) mentioned, the only notable asset they gave up was the Nets FRP.  They gave up damaged goods in Isaiah Thomas, a couple of role players in Ante Zizic and Jae Crowder, and what was a giant (albeit valuable) lotto ticket with the Nets FRP.  They've made 17 selections over the last 4 years, which I believe (don't quote me on this one) is the most picks made by one team in the last 4 years.  And they've got another 4 picks right now this year alone. What do they have to show for that?  Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum.

What GM has made more deals? What GM has made bigger deals?

You called Ainge an asset hoarder, thats a blatantly false statement. No one has made more moves in this era. Ainge didn't want to use all his assets on a dude like PG when it was only a matter of time before AD became available. It didn't work out, it sucks but passing on PG and Jimmy Butler was 1000000% the correct move when you have a shot at getting AD. It was a calculated risk that didn't pay off, it happens.