Aaron Rodgers Wants More Control.

GHARMON9

19 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He played meaningless football games after his dumpster fire Cardinal game got us bounced from playoff contention. 

If he was actually hurt and playing those games, our organization is dumb as hell

I doubt he was so hurt that he couldn't play but his injury affected his play.   As someone else here speculated that if his plant leg was bothering him that could be why his accuracy off.  I suspect he continued to play because he didn't want his teammates to think he was getting special treatment.  By that time of the year EVERYBODY is hurt.

52 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Did I just enter the twilight zone where the Packers forum becomes some hipster version of the Vikings rhyme obsessed finer things club forum?

VD is definitely Creed for the record

Image result for young creed gif

You've entered a Twilight Zone where the Packer forum and NFL Gen give you an equal amount of a headache to read.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2019 at 8:24 AM, AlexGreen#20 said:

This was my biggest concern with this hire.

We hired a disciple of Sean "Get to the line immediately so I can evaluate the defense and tell my QB exactly who to throw to" McVay, to coach Aaron "I'm the smartest guy in the room" Rodgers.

And that isn't to say I'm convinced it's going to be a problem and that this isn't overhyped, but damn Rodgers, just say there's no problems and you love the new system.

The McVay discipline only is a lazy division rival comment, sad we have actual Packers fans posting it now.

Way more parallels to the Shanny system than McVay's, granted they both derived from the original Denver Shanny's offense but they have their differences. Biggest related to this circumstance being Shanny and LaFleur worked with Matty Ice, who had way more control than Goff does in LA. McVay is a check with me coach, Shanny/LaFleur like to call multiple plays and have the QB decipher at the LOS and make a call. Think Aaron's problem is, "what if I don't like either play once I see the defense, I want to be able to check to a 3rd." 

My concern right now is at about 5%. Our new coach isn't dumb, he realizes he has a generational talent at QB and he's not going to be against compromise and using the advantage that gives him.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You've entered a Twilight Zone where the Packer forum and NFL Gen give you an equal amount of a headache to read.

Yeah, everyone was being h*rny and talking about each others moms in that one thread the other day and now there's haiku's running rampant.
I might need to talk a sabbatical.

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I just ventured on the NFL Gen for the first time in months and I'd say there's a new guy in town trying to prove you wrong. I'd say I've aged at least 6 months for each of the 8-10 posts of his I've read.

57 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Think Aaron's problem is, "what if I don't like either play once I see the defense, I want to be able to check to a 3rd." 

If that's true, then this is just another slow news day where someone thinks they have a hot take that they've overplayed.

I'm hoping you're right...

27 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

I just ventured on the NFL Gen for the first time in months and I'd say there's a new guy in town trying to prove you wrong. I'd say I've aged at least 6 months for each of the 8-10 posts of his I've read.

I dont even know what he is trying to prove or what point he is trying to get across. Dude is out of his mind. lol

The defense of Rodgers is nowhere near as bad as it was for Favre, due in no small part because pretty much all of us lived through the Favre breakup. Blind loyalists exist as they always do, but I see nothing to indicate that they are the norm, more the exception.

Frivolous and unsubstantiated criticisms should not be dignified just because there is a kernel of truth beneath layers of BS.

19 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

The defense of Rodgers is nowhere near as bad as it was for Favre, due in no small part because pretty much all of us lived through the Favre breakup. Blind loyalists exist as they always do, but I see nothing to indicate that they are the norm, more the exception.

Frivolous and unsubstantiated criticisms should not be dignified just because there is a kernel of truth beneath layers of BS.

Which is weird bc Favre was an admitted drug addict and sent dictures to uh, not his wife. 

But Aaron's a bad guy because he gives people a mean look sometimes and wants to be able to audible.

6 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Which is weird bc Favre was an admitted drug addict and sent dictures to uh, not his wife. 

But Aaron's a bad guy because he gives people a mean look sometimes and wants to be able to audible.

Both are pretty arrogant (which, at some level, is necessary to play a position that assumes huge consequences for performance — you’ve got to have supreme confidence in your skills), but Brett was relatable, even at his worst.

Rodgers is not.

33 minutes ago, Gopher Trace said:

•  

Funny thing is Rodgers is right.  But why, why, why, make this argument in the media after OTAs?

This is something you hash out and discuss with your new coach in private shortly after he is hired. You get the playbook you go through it.  You learn play calling system and then you call coach and sit down together and go through it with your notes and opinions on minor tweaks and changes that fit you better.  He will respect you and probably agree with most everything you say.  Maybe his arguments are convincing to you and maybe yours to him.  Either way you get on same page and pull rope in same direction.  

People like Favre better despite his sins because he is simply more likable.  Some people are just not that likable like Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Cutler.  While guys like Favre or Gronk can misbehave to a point and people still like them.

Just the way it is.