Mike Conley Jr. traded to Utah Jazz

CWood21

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

The 23rd pick is Ok,  I thing to celebrate, and if the Future pick isn’t way out, it’s likey another later pick. 

I think its a pretty fair trade for both sides. Conley is still really good and Utah desperately needed another backcourt option with Mitchell. 

The future pick will likely be a 2022 pick, as I dont see them picking between 8-14 for the next two years, but the west is just wild enough that they might miss the 8 seed despite going over .500 

Good get for Utah and about as well as can be expected for Memphis.  I wanted a higher pick than #23 because it's just out of the range of my favorite 2s to pair with Ja, but maybe someone will fall.

Also have to remember Conley has injury issues.  If he gets hurt next year, then maybe we can sneak out the 14th pick.

But good luck to him in Utah!  I hope they can make a run.

Pretty happy with landing Conley.  Would like to have kept Crowder on his contract, but adding Conley to help alleviate some pressure off of Mitchell will be worth it.  Our offense needed a boost and Conley will add that spark.  I’m excited to watch this team next season.

1 minute ago, daineraider said:

Pretty happy with landing Conley.  Would like to have kept Crowder on his contract, but adding Conley to help alleviate some pressure off of Mitchell will be worth it.  Our offense needed a boost and Conley will add that spark.  I’m excited to watch this team next season.

Another Raiders and Jazz fan on the forum?! What's good buddy, I thought I was the only one. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Another Raiders and Jazz fan on the forum?! What's good buddy, I thought I was the only one. 

Lol, not many of us around. I’ve been around for 12 years or so(on this site)but over the last few years I read a lot more than I post.  We have a solid team, but I’m guessing we add one more piece before the season.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I think its a pretty fair trade for both sides. Conley is still really good and Utah desperately needed another backcourt option with Mitchell. 

The future pick will likely be a 2022 pick, as I dont see them picking between 8-14 for the next two years, but the west is just wild enough that they might miss the 8 seed despite going over .500 

Oh I dont think its a bad deal or anything. I just thought they could get more out of it. But maybe Memphis wanted to make sure to get this done before the Draft tomorrow?

11 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

So how soon does Korver sign with the Lakers?

Id imagine the day after he is officially cut

• Like 1