~~//~~ Pro Wrestling: Road to Wrestlemania ~~\\~~

Adrenaline_Flux

10 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Reigns is good, but 3 main events in a row on Mania is ridiculous.

I think this will be his fourth main event at WM in a row. I do like Reigns, but you can't tell me he's so much better than everyone else that he deserves to main event four in a row. I think we all knew he was going to win the match, though. Still, it was an entertaining match.

I've heard that it's gonna be Stroman vs. Miz at Mania, and while they're both great, I think it'll be a stupid match.

I wonder what happens with Balor and Rollins at Mania. Maybe they face each other? I think they originally were going to have Rollins vs. Ambrose, and then Rollins vs. Jordan (yawn), so I have no clue what direction they'll go with him.

I don't think anyone has ever had 4 straight 1 on 1 matches to headline Wrestlemania. Hogan might have, but he had some tag matches in there as well. 

The crazy thing is that Reigns has still not been given a long title reign, i think he had a 3 month reign once. 

They have racked up a nice resume for him:

3x World Champ
Tag Champ
IC Champ
US Champ
Royal Rumble Winner

and the bright note is that we will finally get to see the universal title defended. Its not be a part of Raw since Kevin Owens had it

15 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I don't think anyone has ever had 4 straight 1 on 1 matches to headline Wrestlemania. Hogan might have, but he had some tag matches in there as well. 

The crazy thing is that Reigns has still not been given a long title reign, i think he had a 3 month reign once. 

They have racked up a nice resume for him:

3x World Champ
Tag Champ
IC Champ
US Champ
Royal Rumble Winner

and the bright note is that we will finally get to see the universal title defended. Its not be a part of Raw since Kevin Owens had it

Did a quick wiki search and here's what I found:

Cena had three straight Main events from WM 27 through WM 29(Miz then rock x2)

Hulk had FIVE straight WM main events from WM 5-9(Savage, Warrior,  Sgt. slaughter, Sid, and the 22 second match with yoko)

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Did a quick wiki search and here's what I found:

Cena had three straight Main events from WM 27 through WM 29(Miz then rock x2)

Hulk had FIVE straight WM main events from WM 5-9(Savage, Warrior,  Sgt. slaughter, Sid, and the 22 second match with yoko)

I count the WM 9 win over Yoko as much as i consider Seth Rollins headlining Wrestle mania 30 

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I was hoping for some controversial finish that would make this WM main event a triple threat with Seth but guess Vince is REALLY set on Brock vs Roman pt II.

And so now the band-aid gets pulled off... and guess what?  There's now mystery moving forward on not just future Mania's but likely on any- and everything moving forward from the upcoming Summer Slam.

Meanwhile, for all the people who have been complaining that Mania is so predicatable... yes, this one match is predictable, but we're now 5 RAW's from Mania and you can't tell me (unless you're religiously reading Meltzer's and some of the other sheets, at which point you forfeit any right to complain about "not being surprised") that you can say what the rest of the card outside of the two main title matches are - some reasonable guesses, sure, but nothing concrete.  Which means we're not getting the usual "we know the Mania card 4 weeks out and they spin their wheels with trying to keep those storylines active/vaguely-interesting... and isn't that something people have been whining for for like... ever?

Also, I'll just come out and say it... I hate the modern incarnation of the Chamber match because they're just not produced properly - probably because Kevin Dunn and the rest of the TV guys insisted on the current format: One central point of action while the rest of the competitors sell on the ground on the edge of camera-view.  It's as though it would be so difficult to have two different pairings going at it at the same time... it can be coordinated, it's been done before in the Chamber.

Archived