Browns roster reduced to initial 53 (Thoughts, Practice Squad, & Waived Players to Bring in)

Mind Character

Can I get your guys opinions on something

is it just a coincidence or it is unique that we picked up players from our next five opponents somewhat randomlh

Week 1 trade for Sammie Coates

Week 2 brought Josh Woodrum QB for Baltimore which is pretty random

Week 3 brought in Banner as well as TY McGill

Week 4 we brought in Brandon Thompson extremely late then let him go (Hue also has the Cinci history)

Week 5 brought in Calvin Pryor

is this just a coincidence or just a possibly added benefit to players we wanted anyway?

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

is it just a coincidence or it is unique that we picked up players from our next five opponents somewhat randomlh

Week 4 we brought in Brandon Thompson extremely late then let him go (Hue also has the Cinci history)

is this just a coincidence or just a possibly added benefit to players we wanted anyway?

seems_a_little_crazy_weird_al.gif

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Absolutely. That's the point of the forum.

Yes and No. Does it help from a gameplanning perspective? Absolutely! However, I'd argue that those players are guys we identified as YOUNG and somewhat unproven potential players instead of guys like Kearse who are mediocre veterans. It's like, would you rather have $1,500 or what's behind Door #3? It could be a heap of garbage or it could be $50,000. $1,500 won't change my life, but $50,000 would.

Much better option than Kearse. Coates may flame out of the league, but Kearse will catch between 35-45 passes and 1-3 TD, none of which will be in the Red Zone, for 500 yards. His 5+ years in the league tells me this is a near certainty.

This is where we'd agree you could be on to something. I think that's random as well.

I could see it here as well.

Hue likes his Cinci guys as you stated. 

Calvin Pryor was a 1st rounder about 3 years ago. He still has elite athleticism, our safety situation was pretty poor, and Williams and company kept FIVE of them, not including Kai who is on the practice squad.

Mostly coincidence with about 2 players who could help us from a gameplanning perspective.

34 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The nerds didn't check the police reports?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article171361597.html

The truly riveting details, "Alcohol Law Enforcement agent Omar Qureshi was conducting surveillance at the Westin Hotel uptown around 12:15 a.m. Saturday when he saw McGill in the hotel’s valet area with “a small amount” of marijuana. Qureshi said McGill initially denied having the marijuana, but soon was cooperative."

Looks like the next Tony Montana to me...cut him...I for one don't want any player on our team in possession of a plant around midnight in the parking lot of an expensive azz hotel...

8 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Still no Holmes. Hope he makes the final spot. 

Read somewhere, not sure where, speculation that Holmes is in a sorta holding pattern waiting for the Browns to pick and cut a QB later this week. Then he'll be signed to the 53

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

Read somewhere, not sure where, speculation that Holmes is in a sorta holding pattern waiting for the Browns to pick and cut a QB later this week. Then he'll be signed to the 53

I like that. 

Also we don't need any smokers near Josh Gordon he's coming back 

5 hours ago, Mind Character said:

The truly riveting details, "Alcohol Law Enforcement agent Omar Qureshi was conducting surveillance at the Westin Hotel uptown around 12:15 a.m. Saturday when he saw McGill in the hotel’s valet area with “a small amount” of marijuana. Qureshi said McGill initially denied having the marijuana, but soon was cooperative."

Looks like the next Tony Montana to me...cut him...I for one don't want any player on our team in possession of a plant around midnight in the parking lot of an expensive azz hotel...

He's a young guy that made a mistake and has some vices that happen to be against the rules.  He needs mentor ship.  Maybe if Gordon is reinstated the team can assign him to shadow McGill.

11 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Absolutely. That's the point of the forum.

Yes and No. Does it help from a gameplanning perspective? Absolutely! However, I'd argue that those players are guys we identified as YOUNG and somewhat unproven potential players instead of guys like Kearse who are mediocre veterans. It's like, would you rather have $1,500 or what's behind Door #3? It could be a heap of garbage or it could be $50,000. $1,500 won't change my life, but $50,000 would.

Much better option than Kearse. Coates may flame out of the league, but Kearse will catch between 35-45 passes and 1-3 TD, none of which will be in the Red Zone, for 500 yards. His 5+ years in the league tells me this is a near certainty.

This is where we'd agree you could be on to something. I think that's random as well.

I could see it here as well.

Hue likes his Cinci guys as you stated. 

Calvin Pryor was a 1st rounder about 3 years ago. He still has elite athleticism, our safety situation was pretty poor, and Williams and company kept FIVE of them, not including Kai who is on the practice squad.

Mostly coincidence with about 2 players who could help us from a gameplanning perspective.

apparently they coached banner at the senior bowl so that makes sense

14 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Glad the cops were out finding these criminals and keeping our streets safe.

I for one will sleep better tonight.

Archived