Browns roster reduced to initial 53 (Thoughts, Practice Squad, & Waived Players to Bring in)

Mind Character

I didn't know that the Practice Squad was another invention by Paul Brown and the Cleveland Browns.....originally called the "Taxi Squad"...LOL, I learn something new everyday LOL.

And I AM one of the folks on here who is looking very closely What happens with Tyrone Holmes.....I REALLY want to keep this kid and Nacuia (which we have for the time being)

21 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I didn't know that the Practice Squad was another invention by Paul Brown and the Cleveland Browns.....originally called the "Taxi Squad"...LOL, I learn something new everyday LOL.

And I AM one of the folks on here who is looking very closely What happens with Tyrone Holmes.....I REALLY want to keep this kid and Nacuia (which we have for the time being)

My dad (82 next week) still calls it the taxi squad lol.

23 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Read somewhere, not sure where, speculation that Holmes is in a sorta holding pattern waiting for the Browns to pick and cut a QB later this week. Then he'll be signed to the 53

You look like a freaking genius in light of the Myles Garrett situation/injury.

2 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

You look like a freaking genius in light of the Myles Garrett situation/injury.

Um, thanks? But seriously, Hue's gotta crap or get off the pot deciding on the QB's. I know Cody's a good kid but he has lollipop arm. Just get to the inevitable. In Cleveland, only strong armed QBs have a shot. At least the new dude has size and an arm. Cut Kessler and get Holmes back on the 53.

26 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

Um, thanks? But seriously, Hue's gotta crap or get off the pot deciding on the QB's. I know Cody's a good kid but he has lollipop arm. Just get to the inevitable. In Cleveland, only strong armed QBs have a shot. At least the new dude has size and an arm. Cut Kessler and get Holmes back on the 53.

Sounds like you are a Kessler hater.

I am not.

I would rather run with Kessler than a "new dude (who) has size and an arm" and who knows jack about our system any day...if I wanted to win, that is.

14 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Sounds like you are a Kessler hater.

I am not.

I would rather run with Kessler than a "new dude (who) has size and an arm" and who knows jack about our system any day...if I wanted to win, that is.

I'd totally agree with you, if we were talking about a starter for this week. But we're talking about a guy who might very well be our number three. I don't hate Kessler at all, but I try to strip situations down to their very nuts and bolts. And arm strength is a fundamental prerequisite in my view. You should always be trying to develope your backups to become starters, and with that in mind, Kessler's lack of arm doesn't allow for that possibility. Woodrum has arm, size, and potential. Kessler has lack of arm, lack of size, and a backups potential. 

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Maybe they just dont think Holmes had the talent maybe? 

Sucks now with Garrett out 

Maybe we bring back Cam Johnson

who knows

hope we go 5-11

F-that...go 3-13...get that top 3 pick...trade back and stack the chips again....this roster is a long way off...hopefully Jimmy doesn't make Hue swim in that lake...

Archived