The New Season

Bonanza23

19 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, most of the other fans are cool here.  There’s a handful of Ravens and Pats fans I find obnoxious, but most pretty cool.

The Bengals fans here are chill as hell. 

Ahh - see, I frequent reddit and they spare no mercy with their heckling. It's like a war zone there.

15 hours ago, bruceb said:

The article in the link below bothers me.

The projections are in line with a lot of what I have read based on Mayfield's alleged "gunslinger" mentality.

QBs who will take lower probability of success shots when there are higher probability of success opportunities all over the field are stupid, imho.

We will have multiple higher probability of success opportunities all over the field.

I would prefer that Mayfield grow into a surgeon who takes advantage of them and carves opponents up.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/08/fantasy-corner-browns-qb-baker-mayfield-projections/

I do enjoy how these people took a real shot at his stats.

If you take his stats from last season and extrapolate it over 16 games he would have had the following...

Attemps : 576
Completions: 367
Comp%: 63.7
Y/A: 7.7
Yards: 4,447
TD: 32
INT: 17

NO ONE went outside of 5% change in any of those numbers.

Whether you believe in sophomore slump or improvement, this is crazy to me...
Our offense got better, or play calling is going to be more pass heavy, I think he improves by more than 5% in at LEAST a category or two....

My guess is this...
Attempts: 590
Completions: 398
Comp%: 67.5%
Y/A: 8.25
Yards: 4,868
TD: 39
INT: 15

Edited by CBrownsman
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

After over 25 years as a HS teacher, coach, and now PA announcer, that message has been lost on far too many of our youth.  Not just in athletics.

BINGO!

Wasn't it Bear Bryant that told his players when they scored to flip the ball to the referee, and act like they had been there before?

4 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

If you take his stats from last season and extrapolate it over 16 games he would have had the following...

Our offense got better, or play calling is going to be more pass heavy, I think he improves by more than 5% in at LEAST a category or two....

My guess is this...

Well all you really did (unknowingly) was take the stats from the final 8 games (when Kitchens took over the offense) and doubled it. Over 16 games it would have been 4508 yards, 38 TD 16 INT and 68.4% completions. Oh, and 10 sacks.

5 hours ago, CBrownsman said:

My guess is this...

That is hawt

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well all you really did (unknowingly) was take the stats from the final 8 games (when Kitchens took over the offense) and doubled it. Over 16 games it would have been 4508 yards, 38 TD 16 INT and 68.4% completions. Oh, and 10 sacks.

Tayne will take the over.