Green Bay Packers 2019 Offensive Line

Shanedorf

Gotta really like how the OL is shaping up. So many young guys look to be developing, it’s gonna be tough to cut it down to 9-OL.

This how I'd rank them regardless of position:

1.     Bakhtiari- May be the No. 1 O-lineman in the NFL!

2.     Jenkins- The sky is the limit for this rookie. He’s a physical freak.

3.     Bulaga, Linsley and Turner… I have these three grouped together for now.

6.    Taylor- He doesn’t have much value as a backup. His roster spot is tenuous.

7.     Light- Boy, the hype from camp looked legit after the first preseason game.

8.     McCray- Gotta love his value as a legitimate five spot backup. Albeit, an emergency backup at OT, but he’s proven his wears at OT.

9.     Patrick- I like him better than McCray at OC, and I like him a lot. There probably isn’t room for him, though.

10.   Pankey-  Wow, most years he’d be getting a lot of run. In year three, he’s looking like a legitimate NFL OT with size and agility, and I don’t know how he make the roster.

11.    Madison- Looks like a real good prospect after a year off. I have no idea where he’s gonna end up.

Nijman is an excellent size/speed PS candidate; de Beer isn’t bad either… But, how many O-linemen can the Packers keep on team/PS?

3 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Gotta really like how the OL is shaping up. So many young guys look to be developing, it’s gonna be tough to cut it down to 9-OL.

This how I'd rank them regardless of position:

1.     Bakhtiari- May be the No. 1 O-lineman in the NFL!

2.     Jenkins- The sky is the limit for this rookie. He’s a physical freak.

3.     Bulaga, Linsley and Turner… I have these three grouped together for now.

6.    Taylor- He doesn’t have much value as a backup. His roster spot is tenuous.

7.     Light- Boy, the hype from camp looked legit after the first preseason game.

8.     McCray- Gotta love his value as a legitimate five spot backup. Albeit, an emergency backup at OT, but he’s proven his wears at OT.

9.     Patrick- I like him better than McCray at OC, and I like him a lot. There probably isn’t room for him, though.

10.   Pankey-  Wow, most years he’d be getting a lot of run. In year three, he’s looking like a legitimate NFL OT with size and agility, and I don’t know how he make the roster.

11.    Madison- Looks like a real good prospect after a year off. I have no idea where he’s gonna end up.

Nijman is an excellent size/speed PS candidate; de Beer isn’t bad either… But, how many O-linemen can the Packers keep on team/PS?

Bakhtiari

Bulaga

Linsley

Turner (and this is giving Turner all the BOTD in the world for scheme fit and a relatively small sample size at Guard)

Taylor

Jenkins

Light

McCray

Patrick

Pankey

Madision

de Beer

Nijman

45 minutes ago, Donzo said:

For this season, yeah, Bulaga might be second... I'm just getting  a great vibe about Jenkins.

Sacks allowed per PFF last year/Snaps played

Bakhtiari: 4/1032

Bulaga: 5/782

Taylor: 8/881

Bell: 1/527 (this can't be right)

Linsley: 4/1075

McCray: 5/481

Spriggs: 3/291

Patrick: 0/279

Light: 0/26

Pankey: 0/1

30 sacks on the offensive line out of 53.

If Bulaga gives us 5 sacks allowed over 800 snaps again this year, there's not a Guard in the league you take over that. 

21 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Probably but unless he gets overtaken by some of the backups, surely you need to keep him this season. I think most people accept that there is a high probability Bulaga misses time and the consensus is when he does then Turner will shift to RT. In that scenario you want to be comfortable with the guy coming in at RG. You can't build your roster around accounting for injuries but something happening to the line (and Bulaga in particular) is sort of expected.

I want to see us going back to drafting OL every year, keep players coming through the system.

I think it depends on how you view about the backup IOL.  If you think guys like Lucas Patrick, Cole Madison, etc. can get you through a game or two, then I think you're more comfortable moving on from Lane Taylor.  And I think it depends on how you view your developmental OL, in particular guys like Madison, Njiman, etc.  Those guys seem like fairly decent chances to go claimed, and I think we as fans tend to overanalyze and expect all our cuts to be claimed.   But if those OL are showing anything, they'll get claimed IMO.  The question you'd have to ask yourself, do you think Madison/Patrick can get you through a game?  If the answer is no, you keep Taylor.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think it depends on how you view about the backup IOL.  If you think guys like Lucas Patrick, Cole Madison, etc. can get you through a game or two, then I think you're more comfortable moving on from Lane Taylor.  And I think it depends on how you view your developmental OL, in particular guys like Madison, Njiman, etc.  Those guys seem like fairly decent chances to go claimed, and I think we as fans tend to overanalyze and expect all our cuts to be claimed.   But if those OL are showing anything, they'll get claimed IMO.  The question you'd have to ask yourself, do you think Madison/Patrick can get you through a game?  If the answer is no, you keep Taylor.

Are we conceding the starting LG to Jenkins? I think Taylor has value, but our cap position going forward may dictate we save the money. 

Other option is Jenkins at center next year and move on from Linsley. Not advocating but a bigger cap savings. 

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sacks allowed per PFF last year/Snaps played

If Bulaga gives us 5 sacks allowed over 800 snaps again this year, there's not a Guard in the league you take over that. 

Good stats, but I'd take Quenton Nelson over two Bulagas.

55 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Are we conceding the starting LG to Jenkins? I think Taylor has value, but our cap position going forward may dictate we save the money. 

Other option is Jenkins at center next year and move on from Linsley. Not advocating but a bigger cap savings. 

No.  I think it's still Lane Taylor's position to lose.  I don't think we're carrying a pure OG with a nearly $5.5M cap hit on our bench.  Lane Taylor will almost assuredly be our starting LG to start the year, but I think he's going to get pushed out by the end of the season.  Right now, Spotrac has the Packers at ~$13.6M in cap space, and they usually roll over around ~$7M.  They've got a few upcoming FAs with decision to be made on them including Bryan Bulaga, Geronimo Allison, Kyler Fackrell, and Blake Martinez.  Of the four, I think only Martinez would be considered somewhat of a priority, but their focus is probably on locking up Kenny Clark long term.

Anyone else find it odd that Spriggs hasn't signed somewhere yet?

I thought I saw where Shonn Coleman (SF) is out for the year with a fractured leg and ankle injury.  I thought for sure they'd look at Spriggs.

Too early for him to sign?  ...he waiting for an injury to a starter?   It's just odd to me.

16 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Anyone else find it odd that Spriggs hasn't signed somewhere yet?

I thought I saw where Shonn Coleman (SF) is out for the year with a fractured leg and ankle injury.  I thought for sure they'd look at Spriggs.

Too early for him to sign?  ...he waiting for an injury to a starter?   It's just odd to me.

As far as I know he's on IR, there was no injury settlement. Hecan't sign with anyone else.

• Like 1