The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

• 2 weeks later...

Renfroe is a fine Avi replacement. In 2021, he cut his K rate down under 23% and rose his OBP to .315. Not great but he's a much bigger power hitter than Avi is. The last 3 seasons, he's hit 33 (494 PA), 8 (139 PA - 29 HR/500 PA pace) and 31 HRs (572 PA). So, at least, we got a power hitting middle of the order bat, with another year of control (as of the current CBA anyways) while dumping JBJ's money. Sucks that we lost out on Binelas but, being honest, if Binelas hits, his ceiling is probably Renfroe with the bat and he's probably a 1B anyways.

Edited by beekay414

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2021 at 3:34 PM, hrubes20 said:

They are weirdly low on Hedbert Perez, IMO.  I get the plate discipline concerns, but the reports I saw out of AZ were pretty solid for Perez.  

Yeah, I think Longenhagen is definitely putting too much stock into his 16 game A ball stop. Not sure how you sour on him so fast but the FanGraphs guys have been going down that road a lot lately (I ripped into them for docking Austin Martin's FV grade after 6 months). It's almost like they are trying too hard to be "ahead of the curve" with some of these guys, both good and bad. 

I get what he says about his build and not being much room for physical growth but I blatantly disagree with docking him to a 40+ FV grade after such a small sample size. FanGraphs has become far too reactionary with their stuff over the last year or so. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...