The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

Joke of a franchise. So glad we saved Burnes because he's 27 years old and can't get ready in 4 days but their 37 year old starter can. If we limit innings next year, I'm going to ******* kill David Stearns. Just a ******* joke that you throw your Cy Young caliber arm one ******* time in a series. 

And if we bring back Haines, then there's flat out no point in following this team. But I'm glad we got our playful clubhouse and our claws up baby because the bats don't play up when it matters. 

So glad we signed Jackie Bradley Jr too. So glad we traded for Daniel Norris. They turned out super helpful this postseason.

Kinda hoping Stearns takes the Mets job tbqh.

Andy Haines should not be retained. We are 1-6 in the playoffs with him as our hitting coach. We've scored...

3 (lost 4-3)
2 (lost 4-2)
0 (lost 3-0)
2 (won 2-1)
0 (lost 3-0)
0 (lost 3-0)
4 (lost 5-4)

11 runs in 7 games. If he is retained, there's no point in watching the team in 2022.

12 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Every single decision Counsell made over the last few weeks turned out wrong. Some of them were even the right decisions, but even then they blew up in his face.

I can usually see CC’s line of thinking for in-game management but I was confused by bringing hader out in the 8th. I guess if your season is one pitch away from being over, you want your best arm out there?  But the pitcher spot was due up first next inning and we didn’t double-switch. Was Hader really going to lead off if he didn’t give up the blast to Freeman?  Or was he one and done and then, assuming we scored, we were running Boxberger out there for the 9th?  

12 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I can usually see CC’s line of thinking for in-game management but I was confused by bringing hader out in the 8th. I guess if your season is one pitch away from being over, you want your best arm out there?  But the pitcher spot was due up first next inning and we didn’t double-switch. Was Hader really going to lead off if he didn’t give up the blast to Freeman?  Or was he one and done and then, assuming we scored, we were running Boxberger out there for the 9th?  

I too didn't care for the decision to bring in Hader in the 8th.  Woody should have gone back in there instead and bring in Hader in the 9th.

I didn't like his decision to take Peralta out so soon either.  That reeked of desperation.  

I don't want to break my arm patting myself on the back but when I expressed concern about how the team had been playing the past few weeks I was chided and told the guys would turn it on once the playoffs began.  I take no pleasure in being correctly concerned, believe me.  😕

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Joke of a franchise. So glad we saved Burnes because he's 27 years old and can't get ready in 4 days but their 37 year old starter can. If we limit innings next year, I'm going to ******* kill David Stearns. Just a ******* joke that you throw your Cy Young caliber arm one ******* time in a series. 

And if we bring back Haines, then there's flat out no point in following this team. But I'm glad we got our playful clubhouse and our claws up baby because the bats don't play up when it matters. 

So glad we signed Jackie Bradley Jr too. So glad we traded for Daniel Norris. They turned out super helpful this postseason.

Kinda hoping Stearns takes the Mets job tbqh.

The Burnes whining all over the fanbase makes no sense to me, we needed to win 2 games. Whether he pitched the first one or the 2nd one, who cares?

This series was entirely on the bats. We clinched too early, got in a laid back mindset for September and couldn't get into playoff mode.

Luckily we have Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta and Houser and Small or Ashby could make up #5. That's pretty damn strong. Need to find some hitters.

Also what a massive disappointment Yelich is, looking like he could top Suppan as the worst contract in Brewers history.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

The Burnes whining all over the fanbase makes no sense to me, we needed to win 2 games. Whether he pitched the first one or the 2nd one, who cares?

This series was entirely on the bats. We clinched too early, got in a laid back mindset for September and couldn't get into playoff mode.

Luckily we have Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta and Houser and Small or Ashby could make up #5. That's pretty damn strong. Need to find some hitters.

Also what a massive disappointment Yelich is, looking like he could top Suppan as the worst contract in Brewers history.

Luke Voit. You need to trade for Luke Voit :)

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol cant win the 2nd without winning the 1st. This line of thought is flat out dumb. 

5 hours ago, Pugger said:

Williams's stupidity and not having Suter for the Braves series didn't help the bullpen's depth either.

That thought occurred to me as well.  Would have been Williams out there in the 8th, not Hader.  Hard telling what happens then.

Regarding Burnes, the Braves ran Morton out there on 3 days rest and he wasn't anything like he was in Game 1.  We had threats in multiple innings and chased him after just 3.1.  Not to mention Burnes said he just wasn't physically ready.  At least they discussed the possibility with him.

Edited by titanrick