Bitcoin

BayRaider

I sold 60% of my Bitcoin at 10,000. I thought it'd drop back to 8,000 and was being a little greedy over just 2,000. Never trying to "day trade" again. If that's what you wanna call it. Everything I invest in is a long term hold until it meets the sell price I have written down.

Edited by BayRaider

I almost always place a limit sell order as soon as I buy into something. I find a coin that is in a dip (generally looking for about 10-15%) and set the sell order at just above the level it was previously holding at before the dip. 

Currently bought into EMC2, and now I'm just waiting for it to get back up to 14,000 satoshi so my sell order goes through.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

That guy is a moron. Hey let me throw in money I can't afford in bitcoin when it's at an all time high!!

Obviously he needs to keep it in there though. It'll be 20k again. Who knows when though. 

I was just talking to a friend about Bitcoin a few days ago before it dropped. He was saying that he saw that people were starting to invest money that they don't have in Bitcoin and that is the precursor to the government getting involved once Bitcoin takes a hit. It'll be interesting to see what happens from here. But I think my friend is right. People like that guy might lead to a push to regulate Bitcoin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

That guy is a moron. Hey let me throw in money I can't afford in bitcoin when it's at an all time high!!

Obviously he needs to keep it in there though. It'll be 20k again. Who knows when though. 

That's the problem with investing money you can't afford to invest, or even worse, don't have (refinancing house to get the money). He probably can't just let it sit there because he will need some type of equity to pay bills/expenses, and will therefore have to sell at a heavy loss, and once that happens you're screwed.

Ya I saw news stories of people refinancing homes to get on the bitcoin train...

When this thread started, I said that the best thing to do is invest as much as you don't care about losing(or somewhere along those lines)....and also have no expectations.

If I had a 100k loan taken out all in bitcoin, the roller coaster price changes would make me have to go back to taking my blood pressure meds. I am a huge advocate for bitcoin, but taking out giant loans is ridiculous. I hope it works out for them.

Edited by Calibucsfan

I literally hate people like that guy who mortgaged his house to buy Bitcoin.  It's stupid **** like that that ruins things for everyone.  My friend is the same way and literally cannot understand the concept of buying low and selling high.  Literally every time it starts to go up he buys and literally every time it starts to go down he sells.  He's probably lost more money in the transaction fees than he will ever make since he's only buying like 50-100 dollars worth at a time. 

It's just a reminder that you can't fix stupid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I literally hate people like that guy who mortgaged his house to buy Bitcoin.  It's stupid **** like that that ruins things for everyone.  My friend is the same way and literally cannot understand the concept of buying low and selling high.  Literally every time it starts to go up he buys and literally every time it starts to go down he sells.  He's probably lost more money in the transaction fees than he will ever make since he's only buying like 50-100 dollars worth at a time. 

It's just a reminder that you can't fix stupid.

Literally.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Not me. I've never sold any crypto currency, or any other security for that matter. 

Eh, I sold my BTC when it hit $17,400 (regretted it when it went above $19,000 but happy now).  In talking to someone more experienced than me, there was just too much new money coming in from ironically guys like me.  I held my AION and IOTA which are both looking good now.  I brought LTC during the crash.  Plan on just holding for a while now.  Maybe do one more buy in so I can get some NEO for 2018.

Maybe it's just me but I don't plan on buying anymore BTC.  Just ETH, NEO, IOTA, LTC, etc...  Sticking to coins that have a lot of ICO's that will launch in 2018 utilizing them...