Training Camp 2019 News & Updates

TwoUpTwoDown

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Not calling it critique, rather while admiring what she is capable of, explaining some key differences and why we shouldn't be running to sign her immediately as our new kicker.

Who’s even entertaining the idea of her as an NFL kicker? It was just some fun visit by a local athlete. 

14 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Who’s even entertaining the idea of her as an NFL kicker? It was just some fun visit by a local athlete. 

Nobody is entertaining the idea of her as an NFL kicker. It's either top tier ****posting season or someone took that field goal way too serious. 

On 8/21/2019 at 11:44 AM, Danger said:

Only problem is she took 4-5 steps for a Field Goal try. What she did was more akin to a kickoff. Who knows to what degree she could be effective if she took the 2 steps NFL kickers take. I'm genuinely interested to know. I wouldn't hate giving her an honest to god tryout if Jake Elliot went down.

“It honestly wasn't a great kick. She stutter steps and takes a 4 step approach. Took to long and would have resulted in a block.

She might make a great kicker but it's a different technique than she is used to.”

found this on an NBC sports Philadelphia post on FB...

I'd be willing to bet their are NFL kickers currently employed who even with those steps dont nail it straight down the middle!!

I have ZERO doubt a Woman like her from USA Soccer could actually be a kicker in the NFL. If Rugby players can learn how to play American football,  surely a Professional Athlete like her can learn the Steps and technique required.

I'd guess 99% of this forum could make that kick, just saying. 

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'd be willing to bet their are NFL kickers currently employed who even with those steps dont nail it straight down the middle!!

I have ZERO doubt a Woman like her from USA Soccer could actually be a kicker in the NFL. If Rugby players can learn how to play American football,  surely a Professional Athlete like her can learn the Steps and technique required.

I'd guess 99% of this forum could make that kick, just saying. 

You’re really over estimating my hand foot coordination...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm curious, why did you guys cut Anthony Rush? He's been one of our biggest surprises and will 100% make the final 53.

Not like I know for sure but I can take a guess. He’s not a DT we usually roster. I think we prefer much more quick DTs rather than space eaters. We had Ngata last year, and although he was clearly passed his prime, just didnt offer much with how we approach the DL. 

We also happen to be stacked at DT. Traded for a DT to be our 4th and already like a guy we’ve had in Hestor as our 5th. 

So, maybe just a numbers game. Hope he works out for you guys. 

• Like 2

Lamar Miller went down

Which brought further talk of an Eagles trade with the Texans 

now have depth at OT, RB and Corner, all of which the Texans need 

Even if they didn’t go for Clowney, which I don’t think they will, could do a trade. 

3 minutes ago, RBreezy said:

Luck retiring?? Wow

Yeah....crazy

Crazy to think that when it’s all said and done

the QBs in that “premium QB draft” that will have left the biggest Legacy are the two from the third round with Wilson and then Foles. And the 4th if Cousins plays 10 more years (god help the Vikings) he’ll have really good career stats.

I gotta commend it. Pretty unprecedented. Watching that presser is pretty telling. He’s clearly battling with his long term health. And really, how can anyone argue that? 

And you really gotta feel for him. I know it’s easy, as a bunch of nobodies posting on a forum to have a strong opinion, but imagine giving up everything you’ve had your whole life. Not easy. 

• Like 1