Directors/Extended Cuts That Massively Improved a Film?

KManX89

On 7/28/2019 at 1:01 AM, Outpost31 said:

Director’s cut of Babylon AD makes that movie more watchable is the only one I can think of that hasn’t been mentioned.

Makes sense seeing how that movie was also sabotaged all in the name of getting kids in the theater. In fact, it was butchered so badly by the studio (Fox) that the director (Mathieu Kassovitz) literally went around telling people not to see the movie and infamously bashed his own movie, saying he should've chosen a studio that had guts.

Thank God they didn't get their hands on Watchmen. You better believe Fox would've kiddified that as well. That would've ended well, because you know, it always does.

Edited by KManX89

14 minutes ago, KellChippy said:

Not a director’s cut, but the fan edit combining Prometheus with Alien Covenant is imo much better than either movie separately.  It’s called Paradise.

That reminds me of Topher Grace's edit of the Star Wars prequels. At this point I'd bet it can't be as good as advertised. But I'd still love to watch it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

That reminds me of Topher Grace's edit of the Star Wars prequels. At this point I'd bet it can't be as good as advertised. But I'd still love to watch it.

I haven’t seen the prequels since around the time they came out.  I’m going to see if I can find this.  

Edit: Just saw Topher’s edit isn’t available anywhere, I’m going to have to pay someone to hack his laptop

I think there is a mashup of the three Hobbit flicks as well, that’s another one I need to watch.

Edited by KellChippy

1 hour ago, KellChippy said:

Not a director’s cut, but the fan edit combining Prometheus with Alien Covenant is imo much better than either movie separately.  It’s called Paradise.

Just cut out all the mythology building , and there’s a good movie in there somewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KellChippy said:

I haven’t seen the prequels since around the time they came out.  I’m going to see if I can find this.  

Edit: Just saw Topher’s edit isn’t available anywhere, I’m going to have to pay someone to hack his laptop

I think there is a mashup of the three Hobbit flicks as well, that’s another one I need to watch.

Since he can’t release his cut, he made a trailer called Star Wars Always. While not perfect, it gives a good idea of its potential. 

4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Ope someone already brought it up my b

On 7/29/2019 at 6:04 PM, KellChippy said:

Make sure you have 50 TB of space for that 72 hour epic. 

I didn’t even know there was a director’s cut of True Romance...

On 7/29/2019 at 8:51 PM, kingseanjohn said:

Since he can’t release his cut, he made a trailer called Star Wars Always. While not perfect, it gives a good idea of its potential. 

don’t be know if this is Topher’s version but this incorporates all 10 movies so far.  

On 7/29/2019 at 8:03 AM, Malfatron said:

True Romance for sure

the Butterfly Effects director cut made the movie worth watching. 

True Romance, what about the Director cut made that better?  That movie was awesome I thought.

22 hours ago, Starless said:

Dark City

It got rid of that stupid narration at the beginning that spoiled the whole f'n movie.

Stupid narration?  Are you kidding, it explains the background for the story and is absolutely needed, it did not give anything away.  Sure is not needed once you watch it and already know the story then watch it again.  

PS Dark City is one of the most underrated movies ever made, it is freaking sweet!  Amazing Neo Noir film, I love its style, has that slight green haze most of the time visually and did it before the Matrix did if I remember correctly.

• Like 1