53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'm very surprised. Is there really nobody out there who is better than the guys we cut and later retained for the practice squad?

Nobody at all??

Last year Gute rolled guys in and out of the practice squad almost weekly.  It makes sense to have our guys around for the short week.  I'd expect that we'll see 20 different players from all over the league by the end of the season.  

We only care about the PS today because there is nothing else to talk about.  Mid season he'll have made 10 moves and I'd be surprised if we even discussed them at all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

Of that list Tra and Sheldon aren’t impressive. 

LB probably backed out to open Sheldons spot now that I think about it. Jones maybe. Matthews. 

FWIW there were a few beat writers that liked Sheldon more than Summers.  He arrived to camp late.  

1184 players were cut this weekend. 

Only 320 practice squad spots.

Some players might be lucky to land on another team's 53 otherwise nearly all that are eligible are hoping for a PS spot.

Every single player we signed for the PS were our own guys and I find it very hard to believe ALL of them were better than the ones that were cut this weekend. I fully expected to see 2-3 new faces for our PS.

Surprising.

Edited by Chili

1 minute ago, Cheech said:

FWIW there were a few beat writers that liked Sheldon more than Summers.  He arrived to camp late.  

I don’t see it but hey maybe that’s why I don’t get paid to do this. He seems replaceable and obviously the packers thought so too if he was their plan b.

There has to be someone more talented than Tra and the WR Ray mentioned. He’ll be one of the first guys cycled out.  

5 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Wat?

"On November 6, 2018, Sheldon was signed to the Green Bay Packers practice squad. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Packers on December 31, 2018."

Andy Herman:

Re: Allen Lazard

I’d love him back on the p/s but let’s not pretend this is a big issue. Lazard started camp insanely slow, had 2 really solid weeks, then got hurt. He’s not a dynamic player & he’d be the 7th best WR on the team. He easily could have better options elsewhere. Furthermore, it’s telling that no other team claimed him when given the opportunity. He’s a nice player but teams don’t value those type of receivers very much at the moment.

21 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I think Nijman is our new Kofi Amichia.  He has the athleticism that could make him special,  but boy is he raw.

Amichia has poor balance. It's his missing link to an otherwise impressive physical skill set.

Nijman looks like a total package, physically. He needs to learn leverage, which wont be easy for the big man, and develop NFL strength.