53 Man Roster Predictions 2019 Edition

VonKarman

3 hours ago, boratt said:

Disappointing. We developed the guy and he was close. Damn 

He's been on our practice squad for 2 years and hasn't been able to crack the 53 out of camp. Not sure how close the guy is in a league starved for offensive line talent. We've let guys go that have developed into decent offensive linemen, but I ain't losing any sleep over this guy. 

BTW, he's still not showing up on their roster or practice squad on NFL.com

Edited by Golfman

Agree with golf.  He's 3rd year.  *If* he'd looked promising this camp, they could have easily tried to send Madison to PS, or kept Pankey over Patrick, or not kept 11 DB, or sent Shepherd to PS, or whatever.  

Fringe veteran back-of-room guy, not really an ascending player who's going to end up becoming an average starter, I don't think....

On 9/2/2019 at 11:58 AM, CWood21 said:

He's been in the Packers' program for how many years now, and he never made the opening 53 man roster?  They opted for Cole Madison over Pankey.  Let that sink in.

He was on the roster a lot. I think like 14 or 15 games in 2017 and 3 or 4 games in 2018.

I like him, he's a size/speed guy. Like to keep prospects like that. But, he probably wont be much more than backup at this point. He was also passed by Light, and getting pushed by Nijman. It was just time for him to move on.

On 9/2/2019 at 9:11 AM, craig said:

Agree with golf.  He's 3rd year.  *If* he'd looked promising this camp, they could have easily tried to send Madison to PS, or kept Pankey over Patrick, or not kept 11 DB, or sent Shepherd to PS, or whatever.  

Fringe veteran back-of-room guy, not really an ascending player who's going to end up becoming an average starter, I don't think....

Ever since Lane Taylor, and now Lucas Patrick and Alex Light have developed so well, I’ve sort of gotten attached to our developments OL. I know the coaching staff is very high on Madison’s upside.

I almost wonder if trading Taylor and starting Jenkins and then keeping Pankey would have been the better long term move. 

Obviously the Packers have more information than I do. My initial reaction was disappointment though because I thought Pankey was developing. 

On 9/2/2019 at 10:44 AM, craig said:

Thanks, Donzo.  I'm a little curious why he hasn't flashed or gotten a little more notice or attention throughout camp, including in the exhibition games?  

RAS was 8.36. 

I'm thinking he's one of those athletes playing WR at a small school that didn't have a big football background. So many guys like that nowadays... We'll see what happens to him. Will he be an MVS type, or a Janis type? Odds are he'll be lucky to have a Janis type career.

Looking at his pro numbers, I was thinking that RAS could have been even higher.  He looks fast and has some cutting ability. I think I read he has big hands, too.

The more I think about it, the more I like him on the PS.

2020 likely OL

Bakh Jenkins Linsley Turner Light?

Bakh Jenkins Linsley Patrick Turner

Bakh Jenkins Linsley Madison Turner 

Bakh Taylor Linsley Jenkins Turner 

Bakh Madison Jenkins Turner Light 

Bakh Patrick Jenkins Turner Light

Bakh Madison Jenkins Patrick Turner

Or is it some rookie or new guy?? It does look like we have decent young OL coming up the ranks though. All 4 of our backups give adequate cause for optimism. 

5 minutes ago, boratt said:

Ever since Lane Taylor, and now Lucas Patrick and Alex Light have developed so well, I’ve sort of gotten attached to our developments OL. I know the coaching staff is very high on Madison’s upside.

I'm right there with you. Probably my favorite was Vujnovich... He has a nice career going, but he's not much more that a JAG. He did start a year in Indy, though.

Bunch of random thoughts coming like a week too late, but that's how my time works:

• Easy to see why they kept Fadol Brown.  I had personally stated I had Looney at DL6 and was rooting for him to surprise make the team, but rewatching the Chiefs game it's clear why they kept Brown.  Stoked Looney is on the practice squad but Brown is a legit talent and he's ready to play now.  Man is 6'4", 280 with 35" arms and he plays with intensity.  Doesn't stay blocked and he never lets OL keep their hands on him.  Almost as violent in his clear as Z. Smith is.  There's a lot of talent there and it all plays today.
  • Redmond really surprised me.  I was a bit shocked they kept him, but same thing as Brown that on the rewatch he's earned his spot this preseason.  I did not realize Redmond had been a third round pick at CB that was project as high as round 1 by McShay (oh McShay), but you can see it on the field.  Pretty smooth athlete that can run, plays aggressive and will mix it up with the big boys when he needs to.  Played up in the box and wasn't afraid to shoot gaps and take on TEs.  Whether he'll ever be a starting NFL safety I have no idea, but as the fourth safety/11th DB, I like his promise.
  • Surprised they kept Sullivan on the roster.  He can play, just didn't think they'd keep 7 CBs.  Tough to say more without the All-22 on a CB, but certainly he knows how to find the ball and get there.  Consistently chased the play down, attacks it when he sees it, and is competitive when the ball arrives on passing plays.  Will be interesting to see if he can take another jump into next year (assuming he survives the season).
  • Thank God they traded for Goodson because this ILB group is a nightmare.  Outside of Blake don't think there's a single guy I'd want taking a starting snap this year.  Jury is still out on Burks, but the rest just aren't ready.  Summers could be a player with time but the game still moves way too fast for him.
  • Like 3