36 members have voted

1. 1. MVP of Family Night

• Tyrell Sutton
    • Larry McCarren's messed up finger
    • Don Majkowski
    • Rex Grossman
    • Ernestine Skibenski

2 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Hundley in hindsight deserves a little more love. In 2017 he completed 60% of his passes, kept the team alive (beat 3 bad teams, competed in a few games against good teams). For a #2 that is meeting expectations. 

Not in my book. It was a painful watch. Ten yards seemed a bridge too far. I was more than ready to pass on Hundley after that performance.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Not in my book. It was a painful watch. Ten yards seemed a bridge too far. I was more than ready to pass on Hundley after that performance.

He was 3-5 in games that mattered (last 2 games of the year didn’t as the team folded, IR’d starters,etc). He had a few moments.

Compared to Rodgers that is painful but considering the state of the roster and the reasonable expectations of a backup, it wasn’t bad. 

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Although, through Hundley we did learn that Davante doesn't need a QB to be great. I guess that's one thing?

I got nothing......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

When your developmental guys flat out don’t develop for two generations, yeah. Your telling me we wouldn’t be desirable for a Free Agent at this point? The Defense is Going to be Top 5-8. Rodgers has missed a LOT of time and always been injured the other part for 3 years. These are all signs that point to a veteran QB being a good idea but we screw around with Overhand Kizer can’t throw a fricken 15 yard out to the sideline to save his career.

I'd rather have the starter at a different position and Kizer being completely honest. Better chance of winning with Rodgers. If Rodgers gets hurt we aren't going anywhere, Kizer with a week of practice would have a shot at a win vs the bottom 12 teams of the league, which is about normal for a mediocre backup QB.

If my choice was Lucas Patrick or Justin McCray with Fitz as Rodgers backup or Billy Turner with Kizer, I'm taking the last one.

17 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

He was 3-5 in games that mattered (last 2 games of the year didn’t as the team folded, IR’d starters,etc). He had a few moments.

Compared to Rodgers that is painful but considering the state of the roster and the reasonable expectations of a backup, it wasn’t bad. 

Nailed it.

Not nearly enough though.

PackersWire:

Coach Matt LaFleur singled out receiver Trevor Davis and new starting right guard Billy Turner: “I thought Trevor Davis had himself another good day. Up front, I thought Billy Turner continued to show out.”

Davis caught as many as four passes during team drills, including what would have been a 70-yard touchdown on a deep ball from rookie quarterback Manny Wilkins. He also got open over the middle for a big play from DeShone Kizer and made the play of the night when he skied over rookie cornerback Nydair Rouse for an incredible catch from Tim Boyle.

“I feel good about it. Just need to keep stacking good days and showing them what I can do every single day,” Davis said Sunday.

Davis has been one of the standouts of the offseason and camp. Finally healthy, he’s embraced playing a diversified role in LaFleur’s offense, largely because his skill set meshes perfectly with what LaFleur wants to do in the passing game.

/////////////////////

I hope he stays healthy and can give it his best shot. Nobody loses if he succeeds.

• Like 2

On 8/4/2019 at 1:34 PM, skibrett15 said:

just get the best running qb you can find.  If rodgers is out permanently season is toast.  You want a guy who can survive for 3-5 games.  To me, you go with the best runner and try to slow down games and steal a few with a totally unscouted offense.

Kaep.  If you're interested in competing until ARod heals.

19 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He should have been our backup Qb for the last 5 years.

The guy has a college championship, super bowl ring, and $20,000,000 on 357 career attempts.  Why in the hell would he come back?

1 hour ago, Argus said:

The guy has a college championship, super bowl ring, and $20,000,000 on 357 career attempts.  Why in the hell would he come back?

Glory

One more ride for the Human Victory Cigar.

Edited by Norm