2020 Draft Thread

Forge

3 minutes ago, sherm said:

Naw not even in the same discussion. If u need a QB u take Burrow. If u have your QBOTF then yes I'd take Young. Love me some Bosa...but we all know how much Jimmy G means to this team.

The Bengals don't "need" burrow, they need an entire team lol. Dalton is passable as a bridge. Burrow isn't a generational prospect in my opinion. More in that Goff area. Young is way up there. Suh type defensive prospect. Better than mg. Better than both bosas. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

The Bengals don't "need" burrow, they need an entire team lol. Dalton is passable as a bridge. Burrow isn't a generational prospect in my opinion. More in that Goff area

Meh don't need generational QB talent to win in the NFL. But u do need good QB play...Dalton is not that. I get your point but if both players "hit" which one takes them from the bottom of the AFC? 

Even if you think Burrow will be a top 12-15 type of QB, I would still take him over Young. Having a competent QB is HUGE. I don't watch much college football but watching him today and then another game earlier in the season, he has some really good qualities. I don't like that he has ALL DAY to throw today but when pushed out of the pocket, he is still able to make something happen. Burrow looks like the truth to me and low chance he busts. 

Young is phenomenal but can't take him over a QB like Burrow. As great as Suh/MG/Peppers/etc are, they have a limited ceiling on the type of impact they have on winning and losing. Have to go QB here if you believe in the QB. Obviously don't just take a QB to take one, but don't believe that will be the case here. 

47 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Young is phenomenal but can't take him over a QB like Burrow. As great as Suh/MG/Peppers/etc are, they have a limited ceiling on the type of impact they have on winning and losing. Have to go QB here if you believe in the QB. Obviously don't just take a QB to take one, but don't believe that will be the case here. 

I agree about the impact to winning / losing...but this specific scenario, with the Bengals...I don't know man. This whole Burrow thing has a weird foreboding feeling going on tbh lol. Like, they aren't anywhere close. They aren't going to do anything through any real free agency, let's be real, they aren't making trades, so they aren't filling holes and improving the roster that way. I kind of feel like I'm just taking the best players and the ones most likely to hit. I feel like they could very easily break Burrow, and truthfully, I think that they are 2-3 years away from competing regardless of if they take Young or Burrow. 

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

I agree about the impact to winning / losing...but this specific scenario, with the Bengals...I don't know man. This whole Burrow thing has a weird foreboding feeling going on tbh lol. Like, they aren't anywhere close. They aren't going to do anything through any real free agency, let's be real, they aren't making trades, so they aren't filling holes and improving the roster that way. I kind of feel like I'm just taking the best players and the ones most likely to hit. I feel like they could very easily break Burrow, and truthfully, I think that they are 2-3 years away from competing regardless of if they take Young or Burrow. 

I mean they can take Young and completely tank another season and then just draft Lawrence lol. 

If they do draft Burrow, they will actually have a really talented supporting cast for him. Green/Ross/Boyd/Mixon is as good as it gets for a #1 overall pick. The OL will need to get better but I don't the Bengals are as bad of a destination for Burrow as some think. Yeah this is a 2-3 year rebuild for sure, but if they can get a QB now, they kind of have to do it I think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sherm said:

I'm cool with bringing back Sanders but he should not stop us from drafting a wr if a talented one drops to us. Also I was a fan of Hurd before he was picked by us but we still don't know what he can do. Pettis...well he's made his bed. 

Haven't went full on draft yet but from what I can tell OT looks much better than OG. 

We don't have the draft capital to spend on a WR this year imo 

Sanders deebo Hurd Bourne Taylor Pettis is fine assuming health 

Need depth everywhere and can't spend so many resources on WRs when our QB is accurate and our coach is so good at scheming guys open. 

Just now, N4L said:

Need depth everywhere and can't spend so many resources on WRs when our QB is accurate and our coach is so good at scheming guys open. 

Getting Taylor back, and hopefully having a healthy Hurd living up to the expectations he set for us in preseason, would be amazing. Maybe Sanders gives us a Superbowl-repeat discount. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

My guess would be a couple trades to get more picks. Seeing as we don't need 1st rd talent like in yrs past depth is exactly what we can get in the middle rds.

35 minutes ago, sherm said:

My guess would be a couple trades to get more picks. Seeing as we don't need 1st rd talent like in yrs past depth is exactly what we can get in the middle rds.

We maybe will, but long way to go to know for sure.

There are going to be hard cuts to make. If we don't resign AA, Blair a free agent and unlikely to be ready to go a full year even if we do bring him back, and Solomon Thomas being a black hole, defensive line could be used. 

Ward may price himself out (I'd let him hit market, see if it's soft and he slips through the cracks). So depends on how we feel about Moore. 

No idea about richburg, and you can always upgrade from person, though that's not dire, so interior line could definitely use an injection in the first round. 

But there are a lot of moving parts there

On 12/28/2019 at 5:14 PM, sherm said:

From what we've seen this yr...he's earned the top spot. None of the other QB have shown his ceiling. Tau injury will keep him from the top spot. 

But this wr class. Yeah there's some major talent there.

My Sooners didn’t even show up. Pathetic showing. Just gave LSU the game in all aspects. :$

Not much chance, but I would dance in the streets if we got Lamb. :x

The latest PFF mock draft has the 49ers taking TE Hunter Bryant at 31st overall. 

31. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS — TE HUNTER BRYANT, WASHINGTON

Kyle Shanahan sees his opportunity to get his own Gronk/Hernandez combo and takes it. The 49ers coach loves movable chess pieces, and no one personifies that more in the draft class than Bryant. At 6-foot-2, 240 pounds he moves more like a wide receiver than a tight end.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-pff-2020-nfl-mock-draft-chase-young-lands-in-washington-with-the-second-pick

8 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Yeah not in the first round. Don't agree with Renner there. 

There's going to be a interior O-Lineman that falls through the cracks and we should be right there to scoop them up. A upgrade@RG would help this offense tremendously. Brunskill and Skule should provide great depth. Tomlinson has been steady but he'll be in a contract year. Person hasn't been bad but we really need to find a long-term solution there. And Richburgh has been injured two years in a row so finding a younger alternative wouldn't be a bad idea either, tho that probably happens later in the draft. I just really want better overall talent along the interior. 

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1