All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Is that so? I didn't hear that until now. What's his year 1 salary? Like $15M? Still brutal for a guy that has/will break down the locker room.

Yeah, the void of guarantees comes from a suspensions for conduct determental to the team. that can happen anytime. His salary is guaranteed if he is on the Roster for week 1. 

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Is that so? I didn't hear that until now. What's his year 1 salary? Like $15M? Still brutal for a guy that has/will break down the locker room.

Pretty sure the 30M guaranteed include this year salary. I guess it's still possible to void some if he is supsended at some point.

Steve Young said on TV yesterday and said that Bill Walsh stood in front of the whole team and told everyone that Jerry Rice is gonna be treated different then everyone else. Raiders are doing the same thing by allowing AB to play. 

Talent almost always wins in situations like this. This is on Gruden. If this goes bad it’s on him. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Pretty sure the 30M guaranteed include this year salary. I guess it's still possible to void some if he is supsended at some point.

you are correct. I just looked into it deeper. I thought he had 2 more years of guaranteed money after this year, i was wrong.

so if he is active week 1 then if they suspend after that if will save 15M in guarantees. 

17 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Steve Young said on TV yesterday and said that Bill Walsh stood in front of the whole team and told everyone that Jerry Rice is gonna be treated different then everyone else. Raiders are doing the same thing by allowing AB to play. 

Talent almost always wins in situations like this. This is on Gruden. If this goes bad it’s on him. 

Jerry rice earned that right he was drafted by the niners ab just got here not the same imo

So basically ab is now the boss of the raiders lolol

where is mark “Dennis the menace” Davis he’s been very quiet 🤔

imagine if mike may called ab a racial derogatory name......?

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

This is a joke. He is PRETENDING so he can get his 15M guaranteed for this season, which is guaranteed if he plays Week 1. He probably thought his whole contract was guaranteed already and pull anything he wants. And Drew let him know that’s not the case...

Next week, after his whole 15M is guaranteed, he’s gonna act like he owns the team again. 

This organization is a joke. Cut him. It WILL get worse. Much worse. 

• Like 1

Just now, BayRaider said:

This is a joke. He is PRETENDING so he can get his 15M guaranteed for this season, which is guaranteed if he plays Week 1. He probably thought his whole contract was guaranteed already and pull anything he wants. And Drew let him know that’s not the case...

Next week, after his whole 15M is guaranteed, he’s gonna act like he owns the team again. 

This organization is a joke. Cut him. It WILL get worse. Much worse. 

Right there with ya.

Diving deeper in to all of this. What does Mayock think now? I imagine Gruden is the one calling the shots and pulling for AB to stay. Mayock knows he is in a bad situation and I wouldn't be surprised if he is super pissed off with Gruden siding with AB over him. I hope he doesn't bolt sooner rather than later.

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

So basically ab is now the boss of the raiders lolol

where is mark “Dennis the menace” Davis he’s been very quiet 🤔

imagine if mike may called ab a racial derogatory name......?

We all know Mark Davis is not gonna do a damn thing. Mark Davis probably takes orders from Gruden. What Gruden wants he will get. Mark been in love with Gruden for so long. No chance he will do something to make Gruden mad. 

Nobody is saying it’s the right thing to allow AB to go by different rules then the rest of the 52 men, but it’s a reality that happens a lot. 

Edited by agarcia34

If Mayock doesn’t cut right now (lost a 3rd and 5th not a huge deal), we guarantee Browns salary for the year by letting him play Week 1, and he acts a fool Week 2 and onwards I think this is a fireable offense for Mayock. You can’t make the team look weak and disorganized like that and just literally burn 15M.  

Edited by BayRaider

8 minutes ago, TiberiusRising said:

My opinion is that this is the least biggest deal of his time here. 

Every job I have worked at we yell at each other all the time. We calm down make up and go on our way. 

And hi 

Wait wait wait. Who are you??🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Just seen a ghost. 

59 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If ab stays Gruden and mike may are some chumps in my book. 

I tired of this ab drama 

Can't lump Mayock into this. He's another Gruden puppet. Just here to work the draft. He'd have never signed AB to begin with. This was all Gruden. And the fact he's going to play shows Gruden is, as we all know, 100% in control. Mayock is glorified scout on this team.

AB will be the undoing of this season. And could easily see it being the undoing of this Gruden/Mayock marriage. Mayock isn't going to stand for this ish for long. Too well respected in this league. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Wait wait wait. Who are you??🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Just seen a ghost. 

lol, ya life keeps getting in the way. 

Mayock is thick skinned I am betting he is way more upset about the other stuff than this. If this wasn't a celebrity we probably would have never even heard about this. Now that's not to say he wont use this to his advantage in our current PC pussyfoot culture if he can get more traction that way.  

• Like 1