Texans @ Green Bay "Dont Get Hurt Bowl"

Leader

If he ends up being the #4 WR after Kumerow and is not earmarked to play ST. That's going to be a problem isn't it?

Under McCarthy we often saw 3, 4 WR sets so he saw plenty of time on the field. We would have 6 game day actives because of that and the ST work was given to Davis and Janis. Under LaFleur I think we're going to see lots of 2 WR sets and some 3s so we're looking at just 4 or 5 game day actives. If the first 2 is Adams and MVS then the special teams factor becomes more important with regards to Allison.

I did some research: in his rookie year he had 3 ST snaps. That went up to 148 the following year (just for comparison Janis had 249). That worked out to almost 10 snaps per game.

Last year he had 39 snaps and that worked out to 7.8 snaps per game. A slight decline which is expected as he became more important on the offence.

Even if he can contribute on ST.....is he any good at it? that's the question. Our ST have been bad the last few years.

People have been questioning whether Kumerow can play ST and I think its fair to question Allison too. This could influence whether Allison or Kumerow will make the roster.

5 minutes ago, Chili said:

If he ends up being the #4 WR after Kumerow and is not earmarked to play ST. That's going to be a problem isn't it?

Under McCarthy we often saw 3, 4 WR sets so he saw plenty of time on the field. We would have 6 game day actives because of that and the ST work was given to Davis and Janis. Under LaFleur I think we're going to see lots of 2 WR sets and some 3s so we're looking at just 4 or 5 game day actives. If the first 2 is Adams and MVS then the special teams factor becomes more important with regards to Allison.

I did some research: in his rookie year he had 3 ST snaps. That went up to 148 the following year (just for comparison Janis had 249). That worked out to almost 10 snaps per game.

Last year he had 39 snaps and that worked out to 7.8 snaps per game. A slight decline which is expected as he became more important on the offence.

Even if he can contribute on ST.....is he any good at it? that's the question. Our ST have been bad the last few years.

People have been questioning whether Kumerow can play ST and I think its fair to question Allison too. This could influence whether Allison or Kumerow will make the roster.

Kum is awesome at ST, just like at getting open. I posted gifs as proof. Why does nobody believe me? He stopped a fake punt, just makes plays. Baller on teams.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Yep... You can add route running to the list, 

I want to say that is because of his elite agility, but....he has come a long ways as a route runner. Thinking a lot of that cones with experience.

But, you are right,  hes certainly elite at it now.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Not in my book. Elite agility. Elite vertical. Hes always flashed those traits.

Maybe being steady and reliable is a trait that can be elite?

Ask you this...put GMO in San Fran. Does he start? Hit 1k in yards? I only picked them because i view Jimmy G as a good but not yet great qb with limited weapons.

...and Im unsure what he does somewhere else.

Elite vertical, I'll give you but realistically how often was that used before Rodgers started forcing the ball to him in the redzone this year?

He doesn't have elite agility, you could make the argument that he has elite agility at scale, but not compared to half the slot receivers in the league who are playing it at 195. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Elite vertical, I'll give you but realistically how often was that used before Rodgers started forcing the ball to him in the redzone this year?

He doesn't have elite agility, you could make the argument that he has elite agility at scale, but not compared to half the slot receivers in the league who are playing it at 195. 

Elite route runner, elite at high pointing the ball, his hands have become on the cusp of elite, body control is borderline elite, ability to beat press is elite.

You don't become a top 5 WR in the NFL without multiple elite traits.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Elite route runner, elite at high pointing the ball, his hands have become on the cusp of elite, body control is borderline elite, ability to beat press is elite.

You don't become a top 5 WR in the NFL without multiple elite traits.

With the exception of hands, none of those things were listed in his original list. 

Which is pretty much my point. You don't need elite size or speed to be a really good player. 

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Can somebody explain the Allison hate to me?

Is it just the erroneous 4.67 combine time that's always reported? I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a scout to see that Allison is not actually a 4.67 dude. 

I think, very VERY generally speaking, that Packer fans get excited about young players, get used to being let down, and then move on to the next available Whitewater Jesus. 

Geronimo generated significant buzz early on, but his injuries bored us, predictably, and fans moved on with their fickle attention. And, yeah, the slow thing may have been slapped on him unfairly and believed by too many, but his contributions have been solid in many regular season games. I don’t think fans dislike him— their pet projects and affections and support have just moved to more recently acquired players  

Wide receiver battle is intense this year, and the stakes are higher than usual since we may only keep five receivers.

Kumerow, Davis, Moore, Lazard, Sheppard, EQ...

There will be gnashing teeth and bitter objections when the end of August has its say.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I think, very VERY generally speaking, that Packer fans get excited about young players, get used to being let down, and then move on to the next available Whitewater Jesus. 

Geronimo generated significant buzz early on, but his injuries bored us, predictably, and fans moved on with their fickle attention. And, yeah, the slow thing may have been slapped on him unfairly and believed by too many, but his contributions have been solid in many regular season games. I don’t think fans dislike him— their pet projects and affections and support have just moved to more recently acquired players  

Wide receiver battle is intense this year, and the stakes are higher than usual since we may only keep five receivers.

Kumerow, Davis, Moore, Lazard, Sheppard, EQ...

There will be gnashing teeth and bitter objections when the end of August has its say.  

How dare you even put EQ on your list. He stays I say!  :)

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Can somebody explain the Allison hate to me?

Is it just the erroneous 4.67 combine time that's always reported? I'm pretty sure you don't have to be a scout to see that Allison is not actually a 4.67 dude. 

Is it hate, or is it just the fact that he's incredibly unexciting?

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

Yep... You can add route running to the list, too.

oh, so he's elite at 3 really important things?  The technique is obvious.  He's very very good at his craft.

Overall, I don't think he's quite as good as we give him credit for.  Adams is keenan allen who gets to play with Aaron Rodgers.