Browns send Duke to Texans

Chiefs_5627

Just now, MWil23 said:

@ET80 who is your current slot WR? Duke is outstanding there. 

Keke Coutee is right now the slot guy - last year was a bit of a wash, he had some really balky hamstrings that kept him out of games - but he did set a rookie record for receptions in his first game (11/109). He's really, REALLY good - but never healthy.

His backup is Joe Webb. The 3rd string QB. So, Duke gets in there at the least.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@ET80 Also great out of the backfield and solid in pass protection.

This is huge - by all accounts, this is the straw that broke the career of D'Onta Foreman, he's an absolute liability in pass protection. He wasn't good at it and had no desire to get better at it, so Duke being good at it will get him a ton of work.

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

To this point, Zach Allen is an unknown commodity. He might earn that contract, he might outperform that contract, he might underperform that contract... he might not ever see the field, even. 

At least with Duke Johnson, you know he's able to compete against this level at a solid rate.

I just used Allen’s contract as a comparison sakes of what a 3rd pick contract looks like vs Duke’s contract. Wasn’t trying to compare players. 

You really have to hope Duke becomes a playmaker. 

I think Dorsey picked the Texans because it will be a 3rd pick but that he might not be scared to come across the Texans with Duke in the playoffs

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That makes sense. I just think they'll look back and wish they'd kept their 3rd round pick in 2020. 

I am not in love with the price, but it's not a killing point for me. The Texans should have three 3rd (at the minimum, two) round picks after compensatory picks shake out - so I think of it as a wash. 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Houston needs a GM. Cutting Foreman to trade for Duke in a vacuum just looks like bad business. Hopefully it works in their favor.

It'll be Caserio, once his contract is up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I just used Allen’s contract as a comparison sakes of what a 3rd pick contract looks like vs Duke’s contract. Wasn’t trying to compare players. 

Pick ANY 3rd round pick - the truth is, something like 20% of 3rd round picks work out? Maybe less? 

You'll occasionally land a Justin Reid... or you land a Martins Rankins. Why not hedge that bet with a guy who you know will work out?

You really have to hope Duke becomes a playmaker. 

I'm going to be overjoyed if he turns into a solid contributor. The playmaking is reserved for Hopkins and Fuller, the dirty work needs to be Miller, Duke, Coutee, and the TE group...

I think Dorsey picked the Texans because it will be a 3rd pick but that he might not be scared to come across the Texans with Duke in the playoffs

Yeah, Duke ain't the one you gotta worry about. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'll take it, seems like a solid fit. Was talking about Duke since he made his first trade demand, so this lines up with what what I wanted.

(Well, I WANT Saquan, you can ask @Forge).

Looks good on the 36 headed GM, solid move.

BOB has that many heads?  Or are they 36 heads all named BOB?

59 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Yeah, Duke ain't the one you gotta worry about. 

Oh I know that but he doesn’t want to get hurt by duke. So he feels confident in that duke was do that much or that they won’t meet each other

52 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He will stay healthy. He has never missed a game in his career

True, but I see a pretty big increase in workload too. Maybe they don’t use him as a runner as much as I’m anticipating.