Jump to content
incognito_man

2019 WR Corps

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

  1. 1. Who do you pick?



Recommended Posts

That is not a question I addressed. I doubt anyone anywhere would call him a polished no.2 at this point.............an ascending no.2 would be accurate imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

That is not a question I addressed. I doubt anyone anywhere would call him a polished no.2 at this point.............an ascending no.2 would be accurate imo.

Agree.  That being said, we need more than a #1 Adams and a possibly ascending #2 MVS.  We need to get a TE involved so somebody has to cover them, a 3 and 4 receiver that can get open and catch a ball.  Now there are those who say Rodgers won't throw/doesn't see them anyway which may or may not be the issue.  Whatever the reasoning/whoever is to blame …. it must improve for the team to win the North and advance in the playoffs.  Figure it out and get it done. 

Edited by coachbuns
wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Comparing this team to the injury-riddled Tennessee squad a year ago, there is clearly a lack of talent.  There's Adams , a 1 trick pony PA guy, and nothing but slow TEs and #5 caliber WRs.  Rodgers isn't holding anyone back, they really are that mediocre.

So...Tom Brady has made a career of JAGs can make do, but Rodgers can't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

I think he could definitely become a good player, but to suggest he's currently a polished #2 is way over the top.  

Has ANYONE argued that MVS is polished?  That's probably the furthest thing from what he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So...Tom Brady has made a career of JAGs can make do, but Rodgers can't?

Where have you been during Rodgers' career?  He's done nothing but elevate players.  But with some guys like Phillip Dorsett and Geronimo Allison, there is only so much you can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Where have you been during Rodgers' career?  He's done nothing but elevate players.  But with some guys like Phillip Dorsett and Geronimo Allison, there is only so much you can do.

Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings aren't scrubs.  Hell, even guys like James Jones and Randall Cobb were solid WRs.  You don't need All-Pros at WR in order to be successful, or you're not as good as you're making him out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings aren't scrubs.  Hell, even guys like James Jones and Randall Cobb were solid WRs.  You don't need All-Pros at WR in order to be successful, or you're not as good as you're making him out to be.

What are you talking about ?  They all had great careers with Rodgers.  The guys who didn't make it here didn't.  He threw 4,400 yards last year with a Adams and a bunch of guys who wouldn't see PT on a good roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Patriotplayer90 said:

What are you talking about ?  They all had great careers with Rodgers.  The guys who didn't make it here didn't.  He threw 4,400 yards last year with a Adams and a bunch of guys who wouldn't see PT on a good roster.

And consider me one of those guys that doesn't think our offense was that bad last year.  It's been a bit sluggish to start this year, but that's to be expected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Agree.  That being said, we need more than a #1 Adams and a possibly ascending #2 MVS.  We need to get a TE involved so somebody has to cover them, a 3 and 4 receiver that can get open and catch a ball.  Now there are those who say Rodgers won't throw/doesn't see them anyway which may or may not be the issue.  Whatever the reasoning/whoever is to blame …. it must improve for the team to win the North and advance in the playoffs.  Figure it out and get it done. 

Yes indeed. We do miss not having more production at TE. The best hope is that in 2020 Tonyan (who will be in his 3rd year) and Sternberger (in his 2nd) will provide a lift at that position. It is also very likely that there will be another addition, whether a vet or a draft pick, though I have to say there isn't much in the way of all round TEs in the next draft.

I do expect more from no.3 Allison as the season progresses, but I doubt he will ever reach the skill of Cobb. Same applies to Kumerow. Shepherd might be something in the slot, but it would be foolish to expect that (though he should be given reps there).

A solid receiving TE, plus a decent slot receiver, would go a long way to making it easier for MVS. Regular passes caught by RBs adds even more help. That FB Vitale can catch is a further bonus. It's the addition of many little or not-so-little things, that will make the offense the kind of nightmare that keeps opposing DCs up at night. We aren';t really West Coast Offense any more, but that philosophy, that passes regularly go to TEs, RBs, FBs as well as WRs should be a good one in any football era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So...Tom Brady has made a career of JAGs can make do, but Rodgers can't?

That's more condemning to the rest of the coaching staffs in the NFL. Brady doesn't make JAG receivers into numbers guys, the scheme does. There's a reason they all leave, get paid and do nothing outside of NE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's a reason they all leave, get paid and do nothing outside of NE.

Indeed. 
And the reason is that once they are removed from the serial and institutionalized cheating - they become mere mortals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lodestar said:

MVS — either an All-Pro or JAG with speed. Welcome to the internet in 2019.

Aaron Rodgers, average QB. Welcome to the spoiled fanbase of the Green Bay Packers in 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

is this the same thing as a polished turd?

..........Only if said turd is prehistoric and therefore worth a great deal of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×