Are the Pittsburgh Steelers contenders in the AFC?

DigInBoys

32 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Lay off the crack cocaine, 3rd best team. You're the biggest Steeler hater on the board. The Lamar Jackson led Ravens who have an unproven group of WRs and a lot of turnover on defense are not better than Pittsburgh and while on paper it's easy to say Cleveland is, they're not better till they prove it.

The Steelers also have the best QB in the division BY A MILE.

The Ravens can be good but there is a chance they'll struggle with Jackson at QB, then will tell.

I don't think it's that far-fetched of a statement to say both the Ravens and Browns could be better, certainly within the realm of possibility.

1 minute ago, DigInBoys said:

I don't think it's that far-fetched of a statement to say both the Ravens and Browns could be better, certainly within the realm of possibility.

Their offensive weapons looked improved last night, specifically James Washington. Possible maybe, but given that the Steelers without question and undeniably have the best QB in the division. I think we will be fine.

3 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Lay off the crack cocaine, 3rd best team.

A ton of people would share that sentiment. I don't agree with it, but it's really close.

You're the biggest Steeler hater on the board.

No1 hates the Steelers more than me. Watch it.

The Lamar Jackson led Ravens who have an unproven group of WRs and a lot of turnover on defense are not better than Pittsburgh and while on paper it's easy to say Cleveland is, they're not better till they prove it.

I tend to agree with you, but Cleveland has more pure talent than any other team in the division. Time will tell.

The Steelers also have the best QB in the division BY A MILE.

This is not true. Baker Mayfield will surpass Ben this year IMO.

The Ravens can be good but there is a chance they'll struggle with Jackson at QB, then will tell.

I don't think there's a chance they'll struggle with Jackson at QB. They will struggle with Jackson at QB.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I tend to agree with you, but Cleveland has more pure talent than any other team in the division. Time will tell.

This is not true. Baker Mayfield will surpass Ben this year IMO.

I agree with the first statement.

Disagree with the 2nd. Not because it's impossible for Baker to eventually be better than Ben, but I dont think its gonna happen that quickly. He had a good season last year, but he still has to play the game. Yeah, he got a lot of hype in the NFLs top 100, but that's all it is.

I mean hey, I might end up being wrong and if I am, that's okay, but Ben has accomplished a lot in his career and is a HOF QB (eventual), I dont see Baker, or anyone else, rising to that level in just 2 seasons.

On 8/10/2019 at 8:38 PM, August4th said:

I don't think Baker needs to play at some HOF level to surpass Ben in one yr. Ben is 37 and he could fall off the cliff any yr now..the bar on who's the best QB in the div might not be that high

Ben was just as good as Rivers and Luck last year, but everyone gets hung up over 16 INTs even though they came on 675 attempts. 

His INT rate of 2.4 was his lowest since 2014. Same as Rivers and 0.1 away from Luck. 

Had a higher DVOA than Russell Wilson and Aaron Rodgers last year. But Ben is the only guy who has fallen off apparently. 

• Like 1

They're always a threat in the AFC. As a Pats fan, there's always been two teams that I look at as closest adversaries and biggest threats down the stretch (traditionally; Denver and Pittsburgh, but now it's KC and Pitts). Bet they'll be there or thereabouts.