Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

JP Finley saying Docston may not make the team and they’ve been trying to trade him. I’ve been saying all along he's going to get cut. Can’t we just swap him with Laquan Treadwell? One sucky receiver for the other and just see what happens. 

It would arguably help Doctson more than Treadwell. Doctson at least should know Cousins' tendencies/rhythms (but not the playbook). Treadwell would be coming into DC blind. Also, if Doctson is missing the cut/being traded, it probably means they think the younger guys they have are worth keeping. Why would they then expose one of them to waivers because they want a reclamation project this late in preseason?

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Pretty shady to not even give the guy reps in the preseason games to earn a chance to keep his job. 

Maybe he hasn’t earned reps in games. as Far as Treadwell, I’d rather shoot for someone with some return ability, but I’m sure teams would just wait for Bruce to cut him. 

Just now, bigdog44 said:

Maybe he hasn’t earned reps in games. as Far as Treadwell, I’d rather shoot for someone with some return ability, but I’m sure teams would just wait for Bruce to cut him. 

Against guys that likely won’t be in the league?  I doubt that. 

13 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

I mean it’s probably the worst set of WRs in the NFL and he can’t get a rep 🤷🏻‍♂️

Due to bias.  It’s been reported that Bruce tells the coaching staff what the depth chart should be (which is ridiculous). 

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Due to bias.  It’s been reported that Bruce tells the coaching staff what the depth chart should be (which is ridiculous). 

Imagine if our season goes the way most of the media thinks. If we end up 2-14 or 4-12 and Dan just brings Bruce back in the same capacity I think it’s over for the fan base. Whatever little bit is left will find something else to do with their Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Troublez said:

Redskins turned down Patriots 1st round offer for Trent Williams....

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/22/redskins-turn-down-first-round-pick-trent-williams/

I think I agree with Bruce here... establish a floor and wait until the bidding war generates real returns.

I don't see a big bidding war starting. I think a 1st round pick is fair compensation for Trent. 

Edited by Skins212689

Yes - I would agree that a 1st for Trent from Texans, Dolphins, and Jets would be adequate compensation(these are the other teams that have been linked one way or another). But not the Patriots and not before the conclusion of Preseason game 3. What happens if another Contenders LT goes down this week.... Say Whitworth in LA? Supply and Demand is a concrete fundamental of economics for a reason. You must evaluate opportunity costs when you look at these things and I think Bruce is being prudent for once(can't believe I think that, but its true).

I saw PFT basically making fun of the Redskins for wanting Tyreek Hill in exchange for Trent Williams (rumors) but honestly the Chiefs make out in that trade. They get rid of a guy who is going to get kicked out of the league at some point and get one of, if not the best LT in football. I really have no idea how that would be a bad trade for the chiefs? 

43 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I saw PFT basically making fun of the Redskins for wanting Tyreek Hill in exchange for Trent Williams (rumors) but honestly the Chiefs make out in that trade. They get rid of a guy who is going to get kicked out of the league at some point and get one of, if not the best LT in football. I really have no idea how that would be a bad trade for the chiefs? 

And lets give them Paul Richardson and Doctson too

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

I don't see a big bidding war starting. I think a 1st round pick is fair compensation for Trent. 

We'll end up somehow setting for a third round . We'll surely screw it up . Dump 13 mill in salary and get a 1st round pick for a 31 y o LT . Sound good to me.

• Like 1