Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

9 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Mahomes, Rodgers and Wilson are instant upgrades. Watson would be a slight upgrade. Dak right now is better than the others listed but those other QBs named do have a higher ceiling than Dak. 

The only one who doesn’t have a higher ceiling is Lamar Jackson because I don’t have any confidence in his ability to throw a football, but I’m sure there are people who will argue that he’s an upgrade.

19 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

The only one who doesn’t have a higher ceiling is Lamar Jackson because I don’t have any confidence in his ability to throw a football, but I’m sure there are people who will argue that he’s an upgrade.

Hes like the James Harden Houston Rockets. Lamar will have an incredible regular season like the Rockets. But when the playoffs roll around their style of play isnt conducive to winning or advancing. But yes I agree I cant trust him making the necessary throws. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Yeah...let those guys come here and have them make the same mistakes Dak does, and fail to win with a below average defense...and let's see how much y'all like them. 

Cowboys fans are ridiculous. 

Yeah, because Seattle’s defense was so good, right?  The difference is that Russell Wilson is good enough to overcome bad defensive play.  

And who in their right mind would ever say a fan is being ridiculous for wanting a better QB at nearly a 50%!discount?  Honestly, wouldn’t the opposite be true?  Wouldn’t it be ridiculous to sign Dak for $40M per year if we could have Wilson for $22M per year (average)?

32 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Yeah, because Seattle’s defense was so good, right?  The difference is that Russell Wilson is good enough to overcome bad defensive play.  

And who in their right mind would ever say a fan is being ridiculous for wanting a better QB at nearly a 50%!discount?  Honestly, wouldn’t the opposite be true?  Wouldn’t it be ridiculous to sign Dak for $40M per year if we could have Wilson for $22M per year (average)?

Ummm  Seattle's D may not have been great but it was way better then ours.    

What I said is the upgrade Wilson gives is not worth the LOSS of a 1st round draft pick. THE ONLY QB I think would be is Mahomes.   The SUPER Bowl should show you that 

NO WATSON is not a upgrade.  Rogers is a upgrade. Brady is a upgrade.   Herbert has more upside.  

Burrow and Murray have zero more upside and are not upgrades.   Allen IMO is not a upgrade but will not argue with those who have him as one.     

46 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

lol, after 400 sacks Wilson is damaged goods. I wouldn’t trade a pair of used shoe laces for him, much less Dak and whatever other compensation Seattle is going to want. Dude is going to fall apart any day now.

Wilson’s not the one coming off major leg surgery and ankle surgery. The truth is we have no idea how Dak recovers both physically and psychologically from one of the most devastating injuries a QB can have.  It took Alex Smith and Gordon Hayward about 2 years to recover and Alex Smith never fully recovered.  Yeah, I’d take Wilson in the health debate.

On 2/26/2021 at 4:49 PM, plan9misfit said:

You need to remember, multiple firsts are already included since he’d be on the franchise tag.

No.... he can be signed by say the Jets who have two first round picks, which we’d get as compensation. We can trade Dak for two 7th rounders if we wanted once he is tagged.

Edited by WheatieMan

On 2/26/2021 at 8:46 PM, buddy_z34 said:

Seattle wont trade Wilson only to have to turn around and pay Dak as well. Not even with the price of three 1st round picks along with Dak

It would have to be two 1st rounders plus some later picks only because of the cap hell Seattle puts itself in in 2021. Probably too steep a cost as Wilson could easily have an injury in either of the next two years. I personally would do it, but three 1sts and Dak is too much. I’d also like a trade for Rodgers if things go sour in GB, but Packers already drafted Love. 

Another scenario, what if Miami trades down in the first and signs Dak for their two first round picks? Couldn’t they technically do so if they have cap to bring in Dak?

13 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

No.... he can be signed by say the Jets who have two first round picks, which we’d get as compensation. We can trade Dak for two 7th rounders if we wanted once he is tagged.

You don’t budge on the compensation value. Otherwise, you’re literally negotiating against yourself and giving up leverage, which is really stupid.

12 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

It would have to be two 1st rounders plus some later picks only because of the cap hell Seattle puts itself in in 2021. Probably too steep a cost as Wilson could easily have an injury in either of the next two years. I personally would do it, but three 1sts and Dak is too much. I’d also like a trade for Rodgers if things go sour in GB, but Packers already drafted Love. 

Another scenario, what if Miami trades down in the first and signs Dak for their two first round picks? Couldn’t they technically do so if they have cap to bring in Dak?

If Miami signs him, it would happen before the draft, so they won’t have the opportunity to trade down.

39 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If Miami signs him, it would happen before the draft, so they won’t have the opportunity to trade down.

It’s actually kind of a creative idea. If we tagged Dak with a non-exclusive tag, and Miami felt confident they could sign Dak and Dallas wouldn’t match, there isn’t anything stopping them from trading down from from #3 to ~#30 for future picks, and then signing Dak.

There are a lot of moving parts that make it unlikely to happen. But they definitely could make a pre-draft trade and still try to sign Dak.