Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't mean to say I told you so, but I've been preaching weapons weapons weapons, and that has that now, had it in his rookie year and he was solid, and now he may actually have a real offensive coordinator.

So basically it's a big I told you so

Man, how did we not all realize that having better offensive players would help the QB? Everyone besides resilient better eat a *LOT* of crow for this.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:42 AM, DaBoys said:

@buddy_z34 @resilient part 2

Since you two like to point out good QBs making bad passes, but fail to recognize when Dak throws a duck:

Pat Mahomes has over 300 yards passing at the half.

Dak has 5 career full games with over 300 yards.

If you really don't understand why it's acceptable for him to miss the occasional pass, and not for Dak then I'm here for you. If Pat misses 4 or 5 passes in 50 attempts but throws for 350 yards and 4 TDs it's not so bad. If Dak misses 4 or 5 of his 30 attempts and we struggle to score all game it's a bit more egregious. 

Oh no no no sir. I'll be the first to admit Dak has throws that make you go wtf. But I also dont act like he is the only QB that has errant throws. 

Judging by your theory, let's check the stats!! Mahomes went 25 for 33 for 378 yards and 3TDs. Dak went 25 for 32 for 405 yards and 4TDs. Hmmm same amount of completions but Mahomes did have one more pass attempt. Ohh my my Dak was more accurate, had more yards and more TDs. You also fail to state that Mahomes gets a lot more of his passing yards from YAC than any other QB in the league. Which tends to pad his passing yards per game. 

I don't think you got full from that plate of crow you ate earlier. Here's a second serving bro

Quarterbacks
Rk
Player
Team
CP/AT
Yds
TD
INT
Sacks
Total
DYAR
Pass
DYAR
Rush
DYAR
Opp
Dak Prescott DAL
25/32
NYG
Yes, Prescott threw four touchdowns, each within New York's 30-yard line ... but he was even better at the other end of the field. He threw 10 passes within the Dallas 40, and eight of them resulted in first downs. The other two were a 6-yard gain on first down and an incompletion on second-and-4. Those nine completions produced a total of 216 yards.
Lamar Jackson BAL
17/20
MIA
Jackson would have made the top 10 in this table based on his first quarter alone: 6-of-6 for 163 yards and two touchdowns. And then his first pass of the second quarter was his third touchdown, a 33-yarder. He's only below Prescott in these tables because Prescott threw almost 50 percent more passes.
Patrick Mahomes KC
25/33
JAX
Mahomes was also a monster in the first quarter: 8-of-9 for 211 yards and two touchdowns. He was much more quiet in the second half, when only two of his 13 dropbacks gained 10 or more yards, none more than 15 yards.
Case Keenum WAS
30/43
PHI
Big first quarters were the theme this week, apparently. Keenum's first 15 minutes: 9-of-11 for 132 yards and a touchdown. His first pass of the second quarter was a 69-yard touchdown, but then he too cooled off. As Washington turned a 10-point lead into a 9-point deficit, Keenum went nine straight dropbacks without picking up a first down, padding his stats with 11-yard gains on second-and-25 and third-and-20 in the process.
Derek Carr OAK
22/26
DEN
Tom Brady NE
24/36
PIT
In his first game post-Gronkowski, Brady only threw two passes to tight ends, both to somebody identified as "85-R.Izzo" in the play-by-play. One was incomplete; the other was caught for a 3-yard gain on second-and-13. So, way to go, Steelers. You totally shut that dude down.
Carson Wentz PHI
28/39
WAS
Wentz's first third-down pass was incomplete. He nailed every third-down throw after that, completing all 12 of them for 197 yards and nine conversions, including seven in a row at one point, with three touchdowns.
Drew Brees NO
32/41
HOU
Matthew Stafford DET
27/43
ARI
Stafford's DYAR is worse than you might think because he fumbled twice. The Lions recovered one, but the other was lost to Arizona on first down just outside the red zone. That happened in the first quarter and might have gone overlooked in all the excitement at the end of the game, but it's a big reason Detroit ended with a tie and not a win.
Gardner Minshew JAX
22/25
KC
Minshew's debut was fantastic, better in relief than most starters this week, but we must point out that his gaudy completion percentage was padded by a lot of dumpoffs. He had eight failed completions in three quarters and change; Ben Roethlisberger and Matt Ryan led the league with 10 failed completions each this week. Minshew completed all five of his third-down throws, but only two resulted in first downs.

Why I hate dealing with people on forums sometimes, because they spend all their time saying dumb negative unsubstantiated comments over and over again, and then you don't hear from them in months when things go the other way, especially in reference to Dak.

I'll guess we'll have to wait until Dak throws a bad pass or an interception before mr. 5 & and 10 shows his face around here again

Instead of being a fan of Dallas he spends all his energy hating on a player. Who at this moment has consistently proved him wrong.

11 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Why I hate dealing with people on forums sometimes, because they spend all their time saying dumb negative unsubstantiated comments over and over again, and then you don't hear from them in months when things go the other way, especially in reference to Dak.

I'll guess we'll have to wait until Dak throws a bad pass or an interception before mr. 5 & and 10 shows his face around here again

Instead of being a fan of Dallas he spends all his energy hating on a player. Who at this moment has consistently proved him wrong.

Dak had a really good game, and Kellen Moore is going to help him a lot.

His two best career games have been week 17 of 2018, and week 1 of 2019. Both games against a horrid Giants team. We've seen him have a good game, then string together a few stinkers. I'd love to see him become more consistent, but I admit I've never been more optimistic about him doing that then I am now.

8 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Dak had a really good game, and Kellen Moore is going to help him a lot.

His two best career games have been week 17 of 2018, and week 1 of 2019. Both games against a horrid Giants team. We've seen him have a good game, then string together a few stinkers. I'd love to see him become more consistent, but I admit I've never been more optimistic about him doing that then I am now.

Daks last 16 games (including playoffs) is better than Goffs. Wentz has only played 14 games in 2018 + 2019. Daks last 14 games are better than Wentz. 

Those arent small sample sizes. And those, for better or worse, are his most direct comps. But even more than that, his last 16 games are top 10 in the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Daks last 16 games (including playoffs) is better than Goffs. Wentz has only played 14 games in 2018 + 2019. Daks last 14 games are better than Wentz. 

Those arent small sample sizes. And those, for better or worse, are his most direct comps. But even more than that, his last 16 games are top 10 in the NFL. 

What are the numbers? Because Goff and McVay were roasting people last year.