Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

39 minutes ago, D82 said:

I mean...being in the playoffs fairly consistently is nice after those early 2000s, but a trip to the NFC Championship Game or winning a few Super Bowls would be nice. 

I agree 100%. I've just want to see them make the Championship Game. Then I'll be one of the biggest homers on here. But for some inexplicable reason the Cowboys (since the 2000s) seem to plateau at the Wildcard or Divisional game. Even with Romo at the helm they never made a deep playoff run, which is hard to fathom.

So I don't know why some posters constantly bring up those bum QBs in every Dak debate and say "we're spoiled/be grateful/etc " as if the results haven't been the same for 24 years. We can get into the minutiae of things, but the fact of the matter is even with a QB as talented as Romo, the Cowboys didn't sniff the Super Bowl. That's the Dark Ages for me.

So I can understand how some fans (myself included) on here are a little gunshy on Dak and have preferred to franchise tag him instead of paying him $35M+/yr. Not sure why the rest can't. But Dak is off to a great start to the season, so let's see what happens.

Edited by Tony7188

39 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I agree 100%. I've just want to see them make the Championship Game. Then I'll be one of the biggest homers on here. But for some inexplicable reason the Cowboys (since the 2000s) seem to plateau at the Wildcard or Divisional game. Even with Romo at the helm they never made a deep playoff run, which is hard to fathom.

So I don't know why some posters constantly bring up those bum QBs in every Dak debate and say "we're spoiled/be grateful/etc " as if the results haven't been the same for 24 years. We can get into the minutiae of things, but the fact of the matter is even with a QB as talented as Romo, the Cowboys didn't sniff the Super Bowl. That's the Dark Ages for me.

So I can understand how some fans (myself included) on here are a little gunshy on Dak and have preferred to franchise tag him instead of paying him $35M+/yr. Not sure why the rest can't. But Dak is off to a great start to the season, so let's see what happens.

technically most NFL teams have seen extensive "Dark Ages" if going deep or to the SB is the meaning. BUT I have been around during the 70 SBs and certainly the 90s. When you have lived in the light of those, the Dark can seem darker, even if it is not.

10 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He was really good throwing deep in week 1.

Blows my mind

Counter argument, Dak has always been exceptional on passes between 5-15 yards. Thats his wheelhouse by far.

His struggle has been 20+ yards. Both in that he wouldnt throw them, and when he did, there was rarely success. 

Lets see if he and the team have improved there before we bust out the anointing oil.  :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Well that will get this deal done for sure

He’ll just be like, “My client is the MVP favorite, he knows not what he says”

The agent legally has to present the offers to Dak. 

You know this right? 

Its still Daks choice. And if he chooses not to take #1 QB in the league money, then that is his choice and his agent cant do a damn thing to stop him. 

Edited by Matts4313