Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

It's amazing what KM and Kitna have done for Dak. It's only 2 games so probably best to  keep the enthusiasm in check a little, but it doesn't speak very well of Scott Linehan to see this kind of turn around. 

I feel Dak, like any QB who is on fire right now, all while being the most "divisive QB" in America, will have to have a more Normal/bad game. then like hanging on a cliff, slowly losing my grip I will fall in the waters where the SHARKS are just waiting, patiently,  to chomp away....

Then and only then I will need @Matts4313 and his new sidekick @DaBoys to save me.. :ph34r:

sorry slow Monday.. 

Edited by resilient part 2
  • Like 1

Scott Linehan will never work again. How can he? Who would hire him after seeing what is happening with essentially the same team he had.

It's a very similar situation to the Rams and Jeff Fisher. A new coach but basically the same roster, and totally different results.

Remember when Goff was a bust his rookie year?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Scott Linehan will never work again. How can he? Who would hire him after seeing what is happening with essentially the same team he had.

"essentially the same team" is a bit deceiving. Last year our #1 WR for half the year was a 5'7 slot who should have been a #3/4. And our OL was much worse. 

Cole Beasley would be the 4th best WR on this team and probably 6th best receiving target. 

It's a very similar situation to the Rams and Jeff Fisher. A new coach but basically the same roster, and totally different results.

Ill agree with this though. Old school (Fisher/Linehan) vs new school (McVay/Moore). The Fisher/Linehan offense are simply less effective in todays NFL. And by "today" I mean the last ~15-20 years. Reids been using these concepts forever. 

Remember when Goff was a bust his rookie year?

I mean, there is a solid chance Goff is the 3rd best QB from that class and worse than a 4th rounder. And boy does he suck donkey balls when the games matter (playoffs). Plus, he is dumb as rocks.  But yes, he has improved dramatically over his rookie year. 

Edited by Matts4313

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

"essentially the same team" is a bit deceiving. Last year our #1 WR for half the year was a 5'7 slot who should have been a #3/4. And our OL was much worse. 

"Essentially," is the key word here, but even after the Amari trade we weren't exactly blowing people away. We barely won a bunch of games; including the Giants and Colt McCoys Redskins.

We never really looked like the offensive juggernaut that we do now. I believe Cobb is an upgrade over Beasely but he played poorly yesterday and we still put up 31 before we took our foot off the gas.

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1