Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

49 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

I'm not sure how or if this reply applies, but Romo could "carry a team". Dak may get to that point, but is not there yet.

I think he will, but you’re right - as of right now, Dak isn’t able to elevate the team just yet. Though, to be fair, he’s made some catchable throws that his receivers have dropped - don’t know what a QB is supposed to do in those circumstances. 

41 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Also- we’re 22nd in points per drive over the last three weeks, and better hope the first three weeks were not a total fluke. None of Dak’s apparent on-field improvements matter if we still und toiling around 22nd/23rd in points scored like the last two years. At some point, your conservative offense isn’t necessarily a hindrance to your QB’s output as much as a reflection of it.

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

not as much as your boy JG..

I dont think thats true. I think our execution has been awful. Obviously we can adjust play calling to overcome poor players/execution.. I think the only influence JG has had is mandating that we run more.... Which like 90% of you agreed with. The last 3 losses have been the same story, once we put the ball back in Dak's hands, our offense starts moving. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

I dont think thats true. I think our execution has been awful. Obviously we can adjust play calling to overcome poor players/execution.. I think the only influence JG has had is mandating that we run more.... Which like 90% of you agreed with. The last 3 losses have been the same story, once we put the ball back in Dak's hands, our offense starts moving. 

I should have been more clear. Injuries have affected us more lately, but JG has affected us far longer for far greater.

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Dak might literally die on the field this weekend. Which I think is going to change a lot of perceptions of him when we officially become the worst team in the NFL

I’m still not convinced Dak is a $30M a year guy.  But against the jets, I was impressed that he kept getting up after so many vicious hits.  I don’t think Romo would have survived that game.  On the other hand... when you pay 1 player a hugely disproportionate % of the salary cap, there are going to be glaring holes on the team.  It’s expected that the player with the huge contract is good enough to make up for these deficiencies.  Right now, the coaching staff damn well better come up with a better game plan than the abortions playing tackles.