Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

21 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Those numbers don’t suck at all. Kellen Moore and Jon Kitna have done a great job with him. Once again, we have more evidence of Garrett’s incompetence and failure as a coach. Quincy is a completely different player in Moore’s offense.

I sometimes wonder if you are capable of saying something good without following it up with something negative.

• Like 1

If we don't get it done by the Giants game, it raises some questions about how far apart both sides are exactly.

Dak may have said that he doesn't need to be the highest paid QB, but I have serious doubts that he's instructing his agents as such. OTOH, it's just as likely that cheap-arse Stephen's proposals haven't even matched the Wentz or Goff deals, much less surpassed them.

I think both may be true. Our FO has become extremely tough negotiators in recent years, arguably to their detriment, but I'm not so sure Dak totally meant what he said after the Redskins game. Hopefully the dust settles here in the next ten days.

Edited by matt79511

Dak Prescott is on pace for 5,042 yards in total offense and 34 total TDs. Those numbers have been hit just 6 other times:

Drew Brees - 2011, 2016
Peyton Manning - 2013 (MVP)
Patrick Mahomes - 2018 (MVP)
Tom Brady - 2011
Ben Roethlisberger - 2018

Only one of those seasons did they top top Prescott's completion percentage of 70.6% (Drew Brees, 2011). None of them match Dak's 8.9 y/a.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Dak Prescott is on pace for 5,042 yards in total offense and 34 total TDs. Those numbers have been hit just 6 other times:

Drew Brees - 2011, 2016
Peyton Manning - 2013 (MVP)
Patrick Mahomes - 2018 (MVP)
Tom Brady - 2011
Ben Roethlisberger - 2018

Only one of those seasons did they top top Prescott's completion percentage of 70.6% (Drew Brees, 2011). None of them match Dak's 8.9 y/a.

. Remember when people complain Dak Couldn't get 200 yards passing. LOL

Edited by resilient part 2

11 hours ago, D82 said:

More blue lines

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Dsk gets MVP, then gets 45 per :o

Id prefer if he waits until after signing to be a MVP

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

The difference is people thought he was elite last year, and he clearly wasn't. This year he is, and almost everyone is on board.

Some of us are able to scout without being results based.

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

More blue lines

Id prefer if he waits until after signing to be a MVP

Some of us are able to scout without being results based.

Some people just refuse to concede their opinion just for the sake of not being wrong. 

He was not good last year or even in 2017. He was in 2016, that's it. 

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

This post could be in a Psych 101 textbook, under “Projection”.

Yea because people not Cowboys fans were calling Dak a top tier QB before this year. Even fans in General are acknowledging how well hes playing recently. So this is not projecting in the least. 

Edited by Calvert28

On 10/24/2019 at 7:57 AM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I don't remember any qualifying negative remarks about Matt Leinart.

Had any of us known - 14 years ago - that he cared more about being a celebrity than a football player, you certainly would have.

But, if you want to harp on that stuff, how’d that world beating savior, Vince Young, turn out? Oh yeah, he was a bust, too. Just as I said he’d be.

Edited by plan9misfit