Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

14 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

“Since then I’ve been told that he’s come down. The number is closer to 33, 35 ish. But for whatever reason they’re still not able to get this deal done.”

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/10/30/20940868/report-dak-prescott-has-come-down-to-33-35ish-in-terms-of-annual-value-for-upcoming-contract

Posturing from both sides I'd imagine. Let's be honest, a deal is going to get done - especially with Dak's play this season.

3 hours ago, D82 said:

Posturing from both sides I'd imagine. Let's be honest, a deal is going to get done - especially with Dak's play this season.

I wonder if he has come to the realization that going to another team would cost him millions in lost side earnings.

This is not an accident:

7 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Dak's season pace:

• 36 Total TDs
  • 4,760 yards
  • 8.7 ypa

Those numbers have been hit 4 times in NFL history:

• 1984 - Dan Marino - Won MVP
  • 2001 - Kurt Warner - Won MVP
  • 2016 - Matt Ryan - Won MVP
  • 2018 - Pat Mahomes - Won MVP

The 8.7ypa is a rare feat for a productive passer.

If you lower the threshold to just 20 TDs, 3500 yards, and 8.7 ypa, it's still only happened 15 times, with 9 (NINE!) winning MVP.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Yeah, I didn't mean it to say he was likely to win the MVP. I meant it just to show how special the stats he's putting up are.

Oh his stats are unreal...a shame that there happens to be a guy out there doing the same/slightly better as well.  Seems to always be no matter how great of a season a Cowboy is having...someone else is having a slightly more historical one.  Would love to see Dak get an MVP...ideally after we extend him.

1 hour ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

Whether you like him or not as a QB,  he's gonna get paid.   Dallas is not gonna franchise and trade him.   Who would we sign.   Unless Miami was willing to give up two 1st's,  but I think Jerry wouldn't be too excited about a rookie qb starting. 

Our team would revolt if we traded him.

11 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Are there still people who don't like him?

On this website? Absolutely. Not just a couple cowboys fans, but I had a raiders fan tell me Dak is the 17th best QB just yesterday and he was planning on dropping him lower.

16 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Our team would revolt if we traded him.

To what extent? Marquee players get traded all the time. I doubt they'd like it, but it's not like they will quit showing up to practice or burn the building down. These are grown men(mostly). They would move on just like you would if it happened