Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

And it's not just this website either. If you ever go to Cowboy zone or wherever, the Dak debate was raging. It rages on twitter, and television.

That's why I never understood people like @htfryar and others getting so angry about the debate in it's off season peak.

There is/was literally no forum that wasn't having the same debate.

I am glad that Dak has improved this year, and I've raised the white flag on the issue.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

On this website? Absolutely. Not just a couple cowboys fans, but I had a raiders fan tell me Dak is the 17th best QB just yesterday and he was planning on dropping him lower.

Haha, I decided about a decade ago to stay out of the NFL General cesspool. 

It’s felt to me like most people have come around on Dak here. Anyone left at this point who thinks he’s a bad QB is less worthy of a debate than a flat-earther.

37 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

To what extent? Marquee players get traded all the time. I doubt they'd like it, but it's not like they will quit showing up to practice or burn the building down. These are grown men(mostly). They would move on just like you would if it happened 

I was just implying that he is beloved by his teammates. That's all.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaBoys said:

To what extent? Marquee players get traded all the time. I doubt they'd like it, but it's not like they will quit showing up to practice or burn the building down. These are grown men(mostly). They would move on just like you would if it happened 

In this case, a trade is highly unlikely. I don’t see many (if any) teams being willing to trade multiple high picks plus sign him to a huge contract. Maybe they would, but I wouldn’t put much stock into the idea.

Plus, while I’m no fan of his ability as a QB, I’m quite convinced that many of his issues are directly attributed to Garrett’s incompetence as head coach. I’d like to see how he’d do with someone competent. 

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Plus, while I’m no fan of his ability as a QB, I’m quite convinced that many of his issues are directly attributed to Garrett’s incompetence as head coach. I’d like to see how he’d do with someone competent. 

If you aren’t a fan of his ability as a QB, and you think he has incompetent coaching, then what is your explanation for him being one of the most productive QBs in one of the most productive offenses in football? Luck? 

13 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

If you aren’t a fan of his ability as a QB, and you think he has incompetent coaching, then what is your explanation for him being one of the most productive QBs in one of the most productive offenses in football? Luck? 

Moore and Kitna have made a world of difference.

Keep in mind even Romo sucked alot in a Garrett run offense. It wasn't until Linehan got here who had a decent track record with QB's like Romo that he finally got some real traction. Linehan who was out of his element with a QB like Dak just refused to change his offense to suit him. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think Kitna and Moore have had a huge influence and impact on his game. His mechanics are better (but still have a long way to go), his footwork is better, his timing is better (read: better playcalling), and he gets rid if the ball faster than before. He still holds onto it longer than he should, but he hasn’t placed himself in bad situations and sacked himself nearly as much as last year. To me, that says that he’s receiving better coaching. I still HATE his throwing motion, but that can be worked with if we had a better head coach who is capable of focusing on other aspects of the game to allow him to help himself.

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Moore and Kitna have made a world of difference.

Keep in mind even Romo sucked alot in a Garrett run offense. It wasn't until Linehan got here who had a decent track record with QB's like Romo that he finally got some real traction. Linehan who was out of his element with a QB like Dak just refused to change his offense to suit him. 

I think that was a joint decision between Garrett and Linehan. Garrett’s blatant inability to do anything other than run a 1992 era offense all but eliminates any modern QB’s opportunity to succeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, plan9misfit said:

I still HATE his throwing motion, but that can be worked with if we had a better head coach who is capable of focusing on other aspects of the game to allow him to help himself.

See this is funny to me. Dak went to the QB guru that changed Brady, Wentz, Brees and others throwing motion. I dont know how you can "still" hate it, because its 100% different this year. How can you "still" hate something thats brand new? 

I even posted a video of Chris Simms showing how its entirely brand new this year..... 

10 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I think Kitna and Moore have had a huge influence and impact on his game. His mechanics are better (but still have a long way to go), his footwork is better, his timing is better (read: better playcalling), and he gets rid if the ball faster than before. He still holds onto it longer than he should, but he hasn’t placed himself in bad situations and sacked himself nearly as much as last year. To me, that says that he’s receiving better coaching. I still HATE his throwing motion, but that can be worked with if we had a better head coach who is capable of focusing on other aspects of the game to allow him to help himself.

So, then, it sounds like you are currently a fan of his QB ability and you think he’s getting good coaching?

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Last year maybe, but Dak is playing so well this year and Darnold has not showed signs that he can be a true franchise QB. and Having a Franchise QB (even if he gets paid big bucks) should trump everything else.

....right. What did he show on October 13th? You forget Darnold beat Dak this year.

Dak has a wayyy better WR/TE group, and wayy better OL. It isn't a fair comparison.

We know Darnold has arm talent. All Cowboys fans should by now. If we put him behind our OL and let him throw to our WRs I have no doubt he would be better than he is with the jets.

Then we would get Adam's at safety, AND a 2nd rounder that would be pretty close to a 1st, because Dak isn't saving the Jets by himself. 

• Like 1