Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, 5x10 said:

2 tds

4 ints

unless hes playing a bottom 3 defense , he’s average 

Maybe it’s just me, but I consider that a problem.

I also consider Jason Garrett to be a problem because this team has not been prepared to play for four consecutive games, and the last 3 games are Linehan’s old offense. I’m 100% positive that’s because Garrett is meddling with it. If you recall, he got visibly upset after Game 3 when asked about Moore’s success with running the offense. Since then, the offense is back to what it used to be: lifeless and predictable. Not a coincidence.

I could be wrong and maybe @Matts4313 can find out, but I feel Dak may be the highest rated QB in the 4th quarter this year. It seems like when everything is stacked against him, he is always able to mount a comeback. He performs very well and under extreme poor circumstances. His toughness is even better than ever. He is taking a beating and still producing more often than not. Not sure why Dallas/Dak can Not get going early. Vanilla play calling, lack of urgency. A couple of breaks, ref's calls, drop passes etc.. Dallas would have won almost/ALL games this year. 

I am happy to say despite Dallas' struggles, I find my confidence with Dak has not waivered in the least bit. 

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

He is literally the #1 QB in accuracy by depth of target... Your Dak hate-boner is ridiculous.

He is also taking a beating because the O-line has imploded. I didn't think he was going to survive yesterday. Instead he got the ball into the EZ and took another crushing tackle to pull us within 2. His 2 point attempt failed because Witten got mugged. Oh, he also took a brutal near late hit on the play. I am almost glad we didn't recover the on sides because Dak would have gotten hammered on the Hail Mary.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

xD Man, some of you guys are hilarious. He is not the problem. At least not yet. He's like #34 on the list of concerns at this point.

I think hes saying the less he puts up geat stats. The less we can pay him. 

I do feel like Dak is progressing this year. I wouldnt say hes been a major liability like he has in the past. But I also would say hes the only reason we've been competitive. Personally i think he can get smarter and work on his delivery to where he does become a real factor for us. 

I feel like Dak is simultaneously the main reason we’re competitive in these games but also our limiting factor in being a contender to win it all. He’s kind of like Garrett in this respect. There’s a reason no one takes them seriously as a tandem.

Like John Owning said on Twitter, Dak’s definitely not the problem, but he’s also not  necessarily the solution to the problems. And it makes you wonder how exactly the FO plans on building a better supporting cast than this one for him when his cap hit increases fifteen-to-twentyfold.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I feel like Dak is simultaneously the main reason we’re competitive in these games but also our limiting factor in being a contender to win it all. He’s kind of like Garrett in this respect. There’s a reason no one takes them seriously as a tandem.

Like John Owning said on Twitter, Dak’s definitely not the problem, but he’s also not  necessarily the solution to the problems. And it makes you wonder how exactly the FO plans on building a better supporting cast than this one for him when his cap hit increases fifteen-to-twentyfold.

The media constantly talks about how new HCs like to pick their own QB and I think this could be the case if JG is fired. I hope Dallas gives Dak the franchise tag after this season. I want to see how far he progresses with a brand new coaching staff. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I think hes saying the less he puts up geat stats. The less we can pay him. 

I do feel like Dak is progressing this year. I wouldnt say hes been a major liability like he has in the past. But I also would say hes the only reason we've been competitive. Personally i think he can get smarter and work on his delivery to where he does become a real factor for us. 

I understood what his point is/was. He just wants to bash Dak for the sake of doing it like a couple of others here. But again, we all wish he was the only problem. Dak is not the problem as of right now.

Edited by HDsportsfan

1 hour ago, atran35 said:

Not gonna bash Dak...he is progressing...better throwing form...deep ball is descent...what is going to the crapper is our OLINE. If Romo was still the starter he would have been on a cart last night. 

Yea but Romo probably could have pulled off that last throw. He was known for losing games and winning games on the last few plays. 

2 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

I understood what his point is/was. He just wants to bash Dak for the sake of doing it like a couple of others here. But again, we all wish he was the only problem. Dak is not the problem as of right now.

Nothing in that post was bashing Dak. He hasnt played as great and that's a fact. 

22 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Nothing in that post was bashing Dak. He hasnt played as great and that's a fact. 

Context my man, context. That and a combination of other recent posts in other threads as well related to the same topic. I kinda lumped them all together in reference to my reply.

31 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea but Romo probably could have pulled off that last throw. He was known for losing games and winning games on the last few plays. 

I'm not sure how or if this reply applies, but Romo could "carry a team". Dak may get to that point, but is not there yet.