Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

WIN MORE GAMES CHIEF

6-6

Not really a bad take....

What is it for his career? And what is it with Garrett for his career? What was Romo's in his career?

1 hour ago, TheGame316 said:

I'm not going to bother to look it up but the Patriots win % and Brady's stats are pretty much the same vs the AFC East and the Rest of the League

If Dak's stats against good teams and good defenses aren't concerning then I can't help you

I highly suspect that is false. I remember at one point in Bradys career he had won 90% (?) of his games against the AFC East.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What is it for his career? And what is it with Garrett for his career? What was Romo's in his career?

I highly suspect that is false. I remember at one point in Bradys career he had won 90% (?) of his games against the AFC East.

71-19 against the AFC East (.788) 118-32 against the rest of the league (.786)

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/patriots-win-same-rate-vs-rest-nfl-they-do-vs-afc-east

• Like 1

so based on the possible/probably projection of the rest of our up but mostly downwards spiraling season. what are we expecting with Dak and his new contract? Will he still net anywhere near 40? Will JJ overreact and try to gain some Cowboy stability by "rewarding" Dak with a top contract in light of having to fire (I hope and pray) JG. Or will the contract be substantially lower due to a new coach coming in etc..??

Daks first 3 years were about him playing mediocre/below average/average/above average bus driver style. 

But we were winning games. In fact our win loss record was Daks best stat, and was argued repeatedly as a reason for his big contract.

Now Dak is playing top 5, top 10, above average elite QB style.

But we can't beat anybody, and we keep losing.

So now all the stats that used to be argued as worthless(yards, passing TDs, big plays etc...) are the only thing he has. 

Edited by DaBoys

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

so based on the possible/probably projection of the rest of our up but mostly downwards spiraling season. what are we expecting with Dak and his new contract? Will he still net anywhere near 40?

Can someone, for the love of god, please tell me why people are still saying $40m? Dak, his agents and every beat writer in America outside of Jane Slater has refuted that number. 

WHY IS ANYONE USING THAT NUMBER?

Will JJ overreact and try to gain some Cowboy stability by "rewarding" Dak with a top contract in light of having to fire (I hope and pray) JG. Or will the contract be substantially lower due to a new coach coming in etc..??

The contract was always going to be lower than $40m. Thats a made up number said one time by Jane Slater and no one else. Im assuming it will be a 10% bump (cap bump) on the Goff/Wentz deals of $33m/yr (+ incentives). Probably ~$36m

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So now all the stats that used to be argued as worthless(yards, passing TDs, big plays etc...) are the only thing he has. 

Not true. The worthwhile stats that made him top 10ish his entire career, continue to make him top 10. The narrative hasnt changed for a bunch of us. 

10 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not true. The worthwhile stats that made him top 10ish his entire career, continue to make him top 10. The narrative hasnt changed for a bunch of us. 

From 2016-2018, he was #11 in Yards and #13 in Passing Touchdowns, which was pretty amazing considering he came in as a 4th round rookie. It seems Dak developing into a high-level quarterback took lot of people by surprise, but it probably shouldn't have given his trajectory.

Additionally, The only QBs with more wins than Dak since he was drafted are Tom Brady and Russell Wilson, even with this 6-6 start to the season. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not true. The worthwhile stats that made him top 10ish his entire career, continue to make him top 10. 

Not true. The only stat that really matters is ANY/A

2016: 3rd

2017: 19th

2018: 19th

^^^ not really top 10 QB play

2019: 6th

Edited by DaBoys

50 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

11th and 13th are pretty good for a 4th rounder...But they aren't good. 

Dak had a great year for a rookie, but he wasn't great. 

Russel Wilson in his first 3 years as starter was 16th and 12th. Brees was 13th and 12th. If you want to talk about A/YA, Tom Brady was was 15th in A/YA in his first 3 years as starter.

Most guys, even the greats, don't come out of the gate dominating the league. Dak showed enough from a statistical standpoint and more than enough from a winning standpoint. It was clear that he was someone worth investing in who had a lot of potential.

9 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Russel Wilson in his first 3 years as starter was 16th and 12th. Brees was 13th and 12th. If you want to talk about A/YA, Tom Brady was was 15th in A/YA in his first 3 years as starter.

Most guys, even the greats, don't come out of the gate dominating the league. Dak showed enough from a statistical standpoint and more than enough from a winning standpoint. It was clear that he was someone worth investing in who had a lot of potential.

If you recall, people in San Diego, and the Chargers themselves, wanted Brees gone after Brees’ first two seasons. That’s why they had the #1 overall pick and selected Eli Manning, later to trade him for Philip Rivers.

Obviously, this is direct evidence why it’s prudent to wait to get rid of a QB after 3-4 seasons rather than 2. Brees blew up in years 3 and 4 before getting hurt and then leaving in free agency.

Edited by plan9misfit

8 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If you recall, people in San Diego, and the Chargers themselves, wanted Brees gone after Brees’ first two seasons. That’s why they had the #1 overall pick and selected Eli Manning, later to trade him for Philip Rivers.

Obviously, this is direct evidence why it’s prudent to wait to get rid of a QB after 3-4 seasons rather than 2. Brees blew up in years 3 and 4 before getting hurt and then leaving in free agency.

Right. Being an NFL quarterback is basically one of the hardest jobs in the world. There are like 10-15 people in the world who, at any given moment, have legitimate job security with it. And these players come in having never even done it as a full-time job.

The lack of patience with Dak Prescott, given all the greatness he has shown, is pretty amazing to me. There is still at least 1 person on this forum who think his performance has been insufficient for a contract extension. It's wild to me.