Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

In Dak's last 10 games he is

3-7

255 - 402 - 3202 yards - 15 TDs 9 INTS - 91.2 Passer rating

Which would put him 16th in the league right behind Marcus Mariota and Slightly above Gardner Minshew

In short, but we all knew this, He padded his stats in the 1st 3 games of the year and has been getting progressively worse ever since

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

snippet

Not really surprised. It fits the mantra of the entire team/season. They have all sucked and seem to get worse with each game. Brady and Wilson go relatively unnoticed because they have superior everything else around and their teams keep on winning.

2 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

L. O. L. 

At first I laughed at it as well. But time value of money states that a $40m contract 10 years from now is the same as a $14m contract this year. It puts him in his mid 30's. Its not as bad as it sounds, really. 

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

At first I laughed at it as well. But time value of money states that a $40m contract 10 years from now is the same as a $14m contract this year. It puts him in his mid 30's. Its not as bad as it sounds, really. 

No , not really.

But, the overall is pretty laughable. What’s the biggest NFL contract? Rodgers for like 4/$140m? 10/$400m is not a jump I see happening. Not even remotely.

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

No , not really.

But, the overall is pretty laughable. What’s the biggest NFL contract? Rodgers for like 4/$140m? 10/$400m is not a jump I see happening. Not even remotely.

When we gave Tyron the 10 year deal (8 year extension), it was also one of the biggest ever. But I get your point, that the shear size of this contract dwarfs anything previously done. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

When we gave Tyron the 10 year deal (8 year extension), it was also one of the biggest ever. But I get your point, that the shear size of this contract dwarfs anything previously done. 

It’s never a wise idea to lock yourself into a deal that long, regardless of the age of the player. Too many risks. MLB figured that out years ago and it doesn’t have a hard salary cap to deal with.

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

It’s never a wise idea to lock yourself into a deal that long, regardless of the age of the player. Too many risks. MLB figured that out years ago and it doesn’t have a hard salary cap to deal with.

It worked for Tyron. 

I get your point. I think it would all depend on the structure though. Since GTD money can only be spread 5 years in the NFL, that is basically giving you an additional 5 years of team options valued in todays* $$$. I can seriously see some merit to it, again, if the structure is right. 

* and it should be pointed out that the cap is supposed to skyrocket again in the next CBA

Edited by Matts4313

Food for thought for anyone dumb enough to think Dak deserves a $30 mil a year contract let alone a $40mil a year contract.  Let’s compare Dak’s stats to Ryan Tannehill.  Let’s also admit that Dak’s weapons far exceed Tannehill’s.

1.  73% completion %, 9.1 ypg, 3:1 td/int ratio, 114 QB rating, 60 QBR

2.  65.5% completion %, 8.3 YPA, 2.3:1 rs/int ratio, 98 QB rating, 60 QBR.

guess which one is Dak?  Now, consider that tannehill is playing this year for a whopping $2 mil.  In terms of QB rating, Dak is now sitting between Derek Carr and Case Keenum.  Teddy Bridgewater (outplayed Dak) and Ryan Tannehill are FAs and would cost probably less than half of Dak.  

1 hour ago, The_Slamman said:

Food for thought for anyone dumb enough to think Dak deserves a $30 mil a year contract let alone a $40mil a year contract.  Let’s compare Dak’s stats to Ryan Tannehill.  Let’s also admit that Dak’s weapons far exceed Tannehill’s.

1.  73% completion %, 9.1 ypg, 3:1 td/int ratio, 114 QB rating, 60 QBR

2.  65.5% completion %, 8.3 YPA, 2.3:1 rs/int ratio, 98 QB rating, 60 QBR.

guess which one is Dak?  Now, consider that tannehill is playing this year for a whopping $2 mil.  In terms of QB rating, Dak is now sitting between Derek Carr and Case Keenum.  Teddy Bridgewater (outplayed Dak) and Ryan Tannehill are FAs and would cost probably less than half of Dak.  

Terrible example is terrible. 

Compare Tanny to Mahomes. How about Wilson? Rodgers?

Tanny is on a 4 game tear. Nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 1