Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

2 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

I'd like to see a coach try him like a Heavier version of Lamar before I give up 100%

So we’re gonna read option our way through this decision?

dak isn’t close to lamar’s speed

Here’s the thing... Dak has improved quite a bit from last year but holy hell hes got a long way to go.  Dak played well against horrible teams and then padded stats in garbage time.  But he’s still makes the same dumb mistakes over and over and still can’t read a defense.  I absolutely would not sign him long term.  I’d franchise and see what the new coach can do with Dak.

One of the best stat lines on Dak was mentioned this morning or last night on tv and I wish I could find it. Dallas is last in YAC in the NFL, that is a testament to Daks inability to throw the ball where it is needed so the person catching the ball can run. JMO and if you watch a few of the games his pass catchers have a lot of reach backs, downs, over the heads and such. I do not have a link but the stats might show it if anyone knows where to find them. Dak has been better this year but still has room for improvement and if last nights game didn't show us he is not the 35-40 million passer no games ever will. Before anyone tears into me I am just saying franchise him and see how he does before crippling the franchise because of his shortcomings. Great leader IMO but still lacking in a few areas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

One of the best stat lines on Dak was mentioned this morning or last night on tv and I wish I could find it. Dallas is last in YAC in the NFL, that is a testament to Daks inability to throw the ball where it is needed so the person catching the ball can run. JMO and if you watch a few of the games his pass catchers have a lot of reach backs, downs, over the heads and such. I do not have a link but the stats might show it if anyone knows where to find them. Dak has been better this year but still has room for improvement and if last nights game didn't show us he is not the 35-40 million passer no games ever will. Before anyone tears into me I am just saying franchise him and see how he does before crippling the franchise because of his shortcomings. Great leader IMO but still lacking in a few areas. 

That’s his main issue, accuracy

yeah, he might hit a guy, but it’s behind him, which slows the receiver down

he had a couple nice throws where he lead a guy, but there was 4 on the first drive alone that were behind the receiver

Same every year

I think Dak’s decision making is just as suspect as his accuracy.  Twice this season on critical 4th downs he’s tried to force the ball to Zeke.  Both times the throws weren’t great.  But the issue is deeper.  He’s got to read the defense and know where the ball should go pre snap, hold coverage, then make the appropriate throw.  I doubt in either of those situations Zeke was the primary target.  

Edited by The_Slamman

The Cowboys need to stop with these ridiculous contracts for under achievers look at other rosters and see what they have going forward. Example look at the free agents this year and you'll see better talent on other teams that their salary cap is comparable to the Cowboys, take Marcus Peters (CB) I think I saw he's making 4 or 5 hundred thousand more than Byron Jones boy if I'm the Cowboys I would rather sign a playmaker like Peter's over Jones who rarely makes turnovers. Prescott is not a $35 - $40 million dollar QB. As soon as he shows he can get to the NFC finals than I would consider it. Hell I know you just can't blame Prescott but he's part of the problem with poor decisions @ times.