Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Terrible example is terrible. 

Compare Tanny to Mahomes. How about Wilson? Rodgers?

Tanny is on a 4 game tear. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Dak had a 4 game tear against pitiful teams.  Nothing more and everything since has been less.  Thank you for proving my point.  

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Terrible example is terrible. 

Compare Tanny to Mahomes. How about Wilson? Rodgers?

Tanny is on a 4 game tear. Nothing more, nothing less. 

He is my fantasy QB. It's been a bit longer than 4 games.

Not to mention Tannehill was never really bad in his career, just hurt a lot.

Let’s be clear... Dak is A problem for sure.  Dak may not have the best  OL in the nfl but it’s definitely one of the better ones, a top 5 rushing attack and 2 1000 yard receivers, it’s definitely on him to produce.  It was hard to watch what the 49ers did to the saints yesterday with less talent.  Dak mustered 10 points and looked lost most of the game.  Dak had his chase against Minnesota and failed miserable in the red zone when he made the wrong reads on the RPOs.  The Bills and the bears games were extremely lackluster.  Simply put... the offensive investment in this team is pretty much second to none but Dak only excelled against sub .500 teams and in garbage time.  

This may be tough for some people to hear but we can get the same thing from QBs like Tannehill and Bridgewater at a fraction of the cost.  

3 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Let’s be clear... Dak is A problem for sure.  Dak may not have the best  OL in the nfl but it’s definitely one of the better ones, a top 5 rushing attack and 2 1000 yard receivers, it’s definitely on him to produce.  It was hard to watch what the 49ers did to the saints yesterday with less talent.  Dak mustered 10 points and looked lost most of the game.  Dak had his chase against Minnesota and failed miserable in the red zone when he made the wrong reads on the RPOs.  The Bills and the bears games were extremely lackluster.  Simply put... the offensive investment in this team is pretty much second to none but Dak only excelled against sub .500 teams and in garbage time.  

This may be tough for some people to hear but we can get the same thing from QBs like Tannehill and Bridgewater at a fraction of the cost.  

I don't know man. I mean I get what your saying. I'm not a Dak humper. I can admit he still needs some work. He does have some good talent around and he has improved this year with Kitna and Moore. And not to blame everything on JG, although he deserves almost damn near all of it. I just think the environment of late is not conducive to helping him develop.

I've said it several times on this forum before, he may be A problem but by far he's not the biggest...at least at the moment.

• Like 1

some of this we will never know as we can’t just drop in a different QB and see what happens 

I just don’t like the extremes it was crazy to think that Dak suddenly was the best QB in the NFL just like it is crazy to think he is not a capable franchise QB.  He is in the middle closer to the top then bottom level QB.  
When any team struggles you rarely can put it on one player.   I know when I watch the “better” teams their RB actually has lanes to run through on a regular basis.  Their QB is throwing to receivers who have separation from the defender.   

IMO except for the Bills game Dak has had no problems this season making the throws needed and when he hasn’t completed the passes it’s been more a matter of the rush disrupting the play or his receivers being unable to get proper separation then Dak missing throws he should be making.

4 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Our o line sucks. We get no push, we can't protect, and we called for holding or tripping or false starts all the time.

I can't put that on Dak.

Dak is about to be the 8th QB to throw for over 5,000 yards in a season. Of the other 7, five are current or future HOFers. The other two are Patrick Mahommes and Matt Stafford.

He obviously still has room to improve, and he's been pretty mediocre over this stretch where the whole team has been garbage. But I don't buy for even a millisecond that he's a replacement level QB.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

I still say franchise Dak and see what the new coach thinks before we make that kind of decision.  I also want to see what happens with the draft.  I’m not opposed to drafting a QB in the first round and having 5 years of minimal QB salary to build up the rest of the team.  Teams can really build an impressive roster when the QB makes peanuts (of course it helps to have a coach who doesn’t suck arse).

32 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Dak is about to be the 8th QB to throw for over 5,000 yards in a season. Of the other 7, five are current or future HOFers. The other two are Patrick Mahommes and Matt Stafford.

He obviously still has room to improve, and he's been pretty mediocre over this stretch where the whole team has been garbage. But I don't buy for even a millisecond that he's a replacement level QB.

Think of what he would have done if his WR's didnt lead the NFL in drops? I think we are pushing almost 30 now (according to Fox, each site does it different). Which means like 10% of his passes hit the WRs hands - - and then the ground (or into the DB).