Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

1 hour ago, Nex_Gen said:

Holy shikes. We have a 4th Colts fan on here...

I used to be around a lot around 2006 to 2010 or 11 and then fell off to just posting every once in a while. I got really tired of the incessant Brady vs Manning topics every other day. 

• Like 4

That Luck retired now instead of June is to be admired.

He attempted his best to play again this year despite the never-ending pain.

His body has let him down and this creeping ankle calf thing has not responded.

Any thought of him playing in September if he stayed is foolishness.

He might have tried to play 2 games only to go on IR and then you are stuck with a Brissett with a lot less 1st team reps.

He might have blown out his Achilles like Kevin Durant.

He also might have suffered through a 10-12 game season where he was in constant pain and always at risk of being half a step slow to avoid the rush, causing more hits and fumbles.

How dare he steal that possible 9-7 season from Colts fans!

There are 2 types of people who have no empathy for the suffering of others. They are called narcissists and psychopaths.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Imagine getting rid of your season tickets, and Brissett leads the Colts to the playoffs. Wouldn't be outrageous in the AFC South. 

I honestly don’t understand why so many people are completely writing them off. They’re still talented enough to make some noise.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I honestly don’t understand why so many people are completely writing them off. They’re still talented enough to make some noise.

It's a quarterback driven league. You can only do so much with Brissett under center.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Elky said:

It's a quarterback driven league. You can only do so much with Brissett under center.

You really can't judge him on 2017. 2 weeks to prep behind that O-line? He had no shot.

His numbers were pretty good as a first time starter.  (don't worry about NE as he was the 3 and then the 2 before he was shoveled in to play as a rookie)

His numbers were actually not that terrible for career starts 3-17 on a bad team. (ranked in the 30s on points and yards on both sides of the ball)

4th year as a pro and 2nd year in that system... we will see who he is this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

I think their offensive line is good enough to make a run at the post season.  They are also deep enough at rb. 

Can TY stay healthy is the bigger issue than Brissett to me. With a healthy TY they are dangerous. 

For the last 5 games last year into the playoffs Hilton was playing with a low and high ankle sprain on the same ankle. He’s one tough WR.

54 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

For the last 5 games last year into the playoffs Hilton was playing with a low and high ankle sprain on the same ankle. He’s one tough WR.

I know he's tough I think he's a great talent at the position. He's  also dedicating the season to Luck. I just am concerned about those injuries being on the same ankle going forward. 

Edited by thebestever6

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I know he's tough I think he's a great talent at the position. He's  also dedicating the season to Luck. I just am concerned about those injuries being on the same ankle going forward. 

He’s been pretty durable throughout his career only missing a few games. He doesn’t have a history with ankle problems. Last year seemed like an isolated injury.

Edited by Blackstar12

9 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

He’s been pretty durable throughout his career only missing a few games. He doesn’t have a history with ankle problems.

No question he's been durable and clutch and he's played through an ankle foot sprain before in 2015 and 2014 . He only missed two games due too injury I believe throughout his career.  

I love TY as a player that's why I'm emphasizing the importance in staying healthy.  I think if he can maintain health they'll be in very good shape. That's not a big if because he has a proven track record.

• Like 1

This article, especially this part, will always make me SMH in hindsight. Interesting that for someone so interested in protecting Andrew Luck, he did such a miserable job at it. Where were the draft picks?

https://www.si.com/vault/2015/04/20/106753868/the-prospector

In Grigson's first season, after he took Luck with the No. 1 pick, the Colts shocked the league by improving from 2--14 to 11--5. But after their playoff loss to the Ravens, Grigson looked down on the field and thought, for the only time in his career, that his team couldn't win. Luck could barely set his feet before getting hit. After the team flew home, Grigson went to his office and wrote "PROTECT 12" on a piece of paper. It is still on his desk.

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

This article, especially this part, will always make me SMH in hindsight. Interesting that for someone so interested in protecting Andrew Luck, he did such a miserable job at it. Where were the draft picks?

https://www.si.com/vault/2015/04/20/106753868/the-prospector

He drafted OL, just the wrong ones. Plus he  signed Samson Satele and Mike McGlynn to play C and RG from day one and took him 2 years to replace them. AQ Shipley was significantly better then Satele but he was never given a chance. (There are many Colts fans who argue to this day whether Grigson told Pagano who to start at certain positions) 

• Like 1