Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

15 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

again, complete, 100% assumptions on your part that your treating as fact and then using it to argue your point. i dont have words for what that is that i can use here but its not a game im playing. i mean, this is just silly, schefter would know the amount of time a qb coach spends with the actual starting qb is tremendous, but he would cross him off the list of reliable sources? pretty much same case with the OC. its just as likely that a lower level guy tipped it to schefter, and he checked in with the gm or coach or some vp of player personnel or team operations or whoever he has a good relationship with. please dont use words like logical when you make up scenarios in your head then use those same made up things to convince you its 100% wht happened. 

I am just telling you the most likely source given the magnitude of the news,  the timing of the leak, the reputation of the journalist reporting it, and the reputation of Irsay as someone who has done underhanded things in the past and has thrown players under the bus before. Given those things, Irsay is most likely the source.

Schefter's tweet said "per source" not "per sources." So in all likelihood it was a single source, extremely reliable, and very likely with first hand knowledge of what happened. Not an OC. Not a QB coach. Schefter wouldnt put his rep on the line regarding one of the biggest news stories in the NFL in the last 20 years based off a single source who wasnt Irsay or someone extremely close to him. It's not making things up, it's not assumptions. It's logic.

Edited by childofpudding
  • Like 4

Never have a seen a more pathetic act from a fan base other than when Jags fans.were throwing trash and bottles onto the field after the game than the Colts fans in that stadium booing Andrew Luck?

Are you serious? Maybe if their owner and GM would have taken team building seriously they wouldn't have wasted Lucks whole career behind a pathetic Oline and mediocre defense.

Lucks body has been through hell. He has given Indy everything he had to give. Hats off to the guy for making a decision he feels is in his best interest.

Those fans that booed him will be begging him to come back by midseason. Dark Days are coming indy, dark days are coming.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

I am just telling you the most likely source given the magnitude of the news,  the timing of the leak, the reputation of the journalist reporting it, and the reputation of Irsay as someone who has done underhanded things in the past and has thrown players under the bus before. Given those things, Irsay is most likely the source.

Schefter's tweet said "per source" not "per sources." So in all likelihood it was a single source, extremely reliable, and very likely with first hand knowledge of what happened. Not an OC. Not a QB coach. Schefter wouldnt put his rep on the line regarding one of the biggest news stories in the NFL in the last 20 years based off a single source who wasnt Irsay or someone extremely close to him. It's not making things up, it's not assumptions. It's logic.

you can make stuff up in your head all you want and call it logic, doesnt make it true. i mean, i sound like a broken record but its just how it is. one could argue that an oc or qb coach is a more reliable source than irsay. In fact, im now deciding schefter would never use a coke head and drunk as a lone source, too many ways it could go wrong. Logically it couldnt be irsay. 

39 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Never have a seen a more pathetic act from a fan base other than when Jags fans.were throwing trash and bottles onto the field after the game than the Colts fans in that stadium booing Andrew Luck?

I'm sorry, are you referring to bottlegate? When Cleveland fans threw bottles on the field?

6 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

you can make stuff up in your head all you want and call it logic, doesnt make it true. i mean, i sound like a broken record but its just how it is. one could argue that an oc or qb coach is a more reliable source than irsay. In fact, im now deciding schefter would never use a coke head and drunk as a lone source, too many ways it could go wrong. Logically it couldnt be irsay. 

You want to know why people are quick to put this on Irsay? Because it's not the first time he's been spiteful over Luck's injury history:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/7/16617376/andrew-luck-shoulder-injury-jim-irsay-colts-owner-mental-issue

For an OWNER to say this about his franchise QB? 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jaguarfan said:

I'm sorry, are you referring to bottlegate? When Cleveland fans threw bottles on the field?

You know what, that might be it, I might be recalling that it was in fact a Jags game. I know it was quite a few years ago at this point.

So I apologize to Jags fans if that's what I'm thinking of and it doesnt make me think less of Cleveland fans, that's not really possible ;)

Edited by wwhickok

6 hours ago, Jaguarfan said:

Just looked it up, that IS the game I was referring to, thank you for correcting me. It was "Dirtbag"  fans throwing trash and bottles after an official's game ending decision, that sent officials and Jags players running of the field for safety. Was completely classless

8 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I'm not making anything up. I'm deducing who might be the source based on the facts of the situation and the history of the people involved, and signs point to Irsay. I already explained the logical reasons why Irsay is likely the source, but I think it's clear that you don't buy those reasons. That's fine.

Edited by childofpudding

16 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't see why you'd think Luck doesn't love football or how what you said makes it less likely he'll return at some point. Once he gets fully healthy and a year or two goes by, he may revaluate that decision. And there will be more than enough interest for someone to trade for his services from the Colts at that time. Do I think he definitely will? Of course not. But I don't think it's an unlikely scenario.

I didn’t play football however I was faced with the choice of retiring early or continuing on and risking not being able to pick up my Grandchildren. It’s a really tough decision. I took a few very short International contracts about a year after I retired.

I think your correct. He has the opportunity to re-evaluate down the road. I think it really depends on his health concerns and what negatives are possible with a return. 

I think you’re also correct that teams would be willing to give him a chance if/when he wants to return.

Constant pain is mentally gruelling and it slowly destroys positivity, Many on the forum are judging his decision, his timing etc. Until people have lived with pain, constant physio, and successfully dealt with the mental challenges they can’t fully 7nderstand what a Luck has dealt with. 

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

You want to know why people are quick to put this on Irsay? Because it's not the first time he's been spiteful over Luck's injury history:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/7/16617376/andrew-luck-shoulder-injury-jim-irsay-colts-owner-mental-issue

For an OWNER to say this about his franchise QB? 

i completley understand people WANT to blame irsauy because they think hes a bad guy. im not disputing that.  IM pointing out that theres dozens of options for who couldve been the leak and then lets look at some excused we've gotten. "Coaches woulnt have time to text, couldnt be them", "Schefter wouldnt trust a qb coach, had to be someone at the top" I mean, a qb coach arguably spends more time with the actual qb than anyone else. But for some people come up with these ideas they have to be treated as fact regardless of how half baked they are? No one can present a truly logical reason it was irsay over a dozen other folks, almost everytime its boiled down to THEY thinking hes a bad guy. And that may be the case but doesnt mean he leaked it, none of us have any clue who did.