person offered me a trade and i'm leaning no but it's close:

I get Miles Sanders, Cooper Kupp.

they get Mack and Davis

My team:

QB: Wentz, Newton

RB: CMC, Jones, Carson, Mack, Breida, Howard, Jackson

WR: JuJu, Hilton, Samuel, Davis

TE: Howard

i pulled the trigger on this. i hope it works out!

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Yeah essentially lol. After Round 1 they looked like this:

Team A:
Tyreek Hill
James Conner
Mike Evans

Team B:
Saquon Barkley
David Johnson
Zeke Elliott

That trade would have been vetoed in my league. Nobody equals Barkley. I would have required the #6 plus someone else such as Hill or Conner. 

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I have a ton lol. Hilton doesn't mean a ton to me

Evans, AB, TY, MVS, Geronimo Allison, Dante Pettis. 

RBs- Saquon, Michel, ekeler, Sanders, Jaylen Samuels. 

So rb is fairly weak, particularly in a ppr unless I'm trusting ekeler or Sanders

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I actually like your RBs more than your WRs (from a depth perspective obv).

TY isn't a guy I want to roll out every week (especially to begin the season), but I think shopping him now is shortsighted. His value is rock bottom given the Luck news. Could he have a terrible year and fall off the face of the earth? Of course, but it's also reasonable he outperforms expectations and puts up a solid season. I love him as a WR3/FLX and I just don't see you getting decent value for him. Given your WR1 + WR2 are elite, you are able to let it play out a bit and I feel like MVS/Allison is going to be a guessing game each week as to who to start and I'm just not super high on Pettis, so I personally would want to keep Hilton in this situation.

Furthermore, Saquon is obv best in slot at RB1, but I feel like Michel is a strong RB2 (maybe a bit diminished in full PPR, but certainly not necessary to trade imo). Sanders looks to be a very decent option in PPR if Michel turns out to underperform and Ekeler could/should allow you to wait and evaluate on the Hilton/Sanders/Michel situations, worst case scenario.

In all, I like staying pat here personally, especially if you are targeting Cook, who hasn't demonstrated an ability to stay healthy. I think Freeman is a much more appealing option personally, but unless you are getting prime value, I just don't see you needing to make a trade.

10 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

Oh yeah, id definitely try to sell high on TY right now. I think he will still have some big games, because of his deep threat ability. But id say for sure shop him, especially if you can potentially get Cook or Freeman in return. Id be offering all kinds of combos for Dalvin  and id settle for Freeman. Although they both scare the heck out of me, because of injury history. Actually had both guys in one of my leagues last year, and that obv didnt turn out well lol. So i kind of steered a different way this year, because of that sour taste in my mouth from them BOTH getting hurt last yr.

Are you really selling high at this point though? Feels like his value is piss poor given the Luck news. He went in the middle of the 5th in my keeper league (with 20 players kept, so basically + 2 rounds). I respect your opinion completely and FF is obviously all a guessing game at this point, but I completely disagree at this point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

We had a trade go down on draft day that went like this:

Team A had Keepers of Tyreek Hill and Zeke Elliott
Team B had Keepers of Saquon Barkley and David Johnson.

Team A traded Zeke and a 6th Round Pick to Team B for Team A's First Round Pick (6th Overall).

Team A took Conner at 1 and Mike Evans at 6.

Is this as egregious as I think it is? Everyone was pretty pissed at the time. 

Unless I'm reading this wrong, I don't think it's unfair at all.

5 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I actually like your RBs more than your WRs (from a depth perspective obv).

TY isn't a guy I want to roll out every week (especially to begin the season), but I think shopping him now is shortsighted. His value is rock bottom given the Luck news. Could he have a terrible year and fall off the face of the earth? Of course, but it's also reasonable he outperforms expectations and puts up a solid season. I love him as a WR3/FLX and I just don't see you getting decent value for him. Given your WR1 + WR2 are elite, you are able to let it play out a bit and I feel like MVS/Allison is going to be a guessing game each week as to who to start and I'm just not super high on Pettis, so I personally would want to keep Hilton in this situation.

Furthermore, Saquon is obv best in slot at RB1, but I feel like Michel is a strong RB2 (maybe a bit diminished in full PPR, but certainly not necessary to trade imo). Sanders looks to be a very decent option in PPR if Michel turns out to underperform and Ekeler could/should allow you to wait and evaluate on the Hilton/Sanders/Michel situations, worst case scenario.

In all, I like staying pat here personally, especially if you are targeting Cook, who hasn't demonstrated an ability to stay healthy. I think Freeman is a much more appealing option personally, but unless you are getting prime value, I just don't see you needing to make a trade.

Are you really selling high at this point though? Feels like his value is piss poor given the Luck news. He went in the middle of the 5th in my keeper league (with 20 players kept, so basically + 2 rounds). I respect your opinion completely and FF is obviously all a guessing game at this point, but I completely disagree at this point. 

Good post, thank you. 

Its amazing how cool and calm we can be doling out advice to others, and then when it's our own team, it's largely freak out time. I have a propensity to make *a lot* of trades and knee jerk moves. Humorously, I have a weird track record of making bad trades that just happen to work out.

I will say that if I can get him to bite on the Freeman + Godwin deal for something like Sanders + Hilton, I may take it just because I'm kind of bullish on Godwin.  

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

Unless I'm reading this wrong, I don't think it's unfair at all.

I think people were mostly pissed because the team that originally had Zeke is the taco and is known to make dumb moves for the sake of it.

The more time that passes, the more it seems less and less silly. 

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

How much is too much when going for the big dogs? 3-1 of Evans, Hilton and Michel for CMC?

It's probably what you would need to get the CMC owner on board (and they still may not because people just love getting the best player in the deal), but I don't know how much it helps you. Judging from your team stated earlier that would leave you with (assuming this is standard positions):

WR: Antonio Brown
WR: MVS / Allison
RB: Saquon
RB: CMC
FLX: Ekeler / Sanders

vs

WR: Mike Evans
RB: Michel
FLX: Hilton / Ekeler / Sanders

Obviously Saquon / CMC alone will win you a lot of games and WRs are certainly able to be waiver wired compared to two top - 2 studs, but it's a hefty price to pay. I think I like the second roster a bit better until your WR2 situation gets sorted out. If you are confident in your waiver wire ability, I can certainly see the logic, but waiting a week or two might be the play imo. Especially being an Ekeler owner, because if he goes off for 100yards and a td or two, he will have tremendous trade value (esp to the Gordon owner), if no new Gordon news comes out. He would be my target to trade, personally. But it's not terrible, just not my cup of tea.

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Good post, thank you. 

Its amazing how cool and calm we can be doling out advice to others, and then when it's our own team, it's largely freak out time. I have a propensity to make *a lot* of trades and knee jerk moves. Humorously, I have a weird track record of making bad trades that just happen to work out.

I will say that if I can get him to bite on the Freeman + Godwin deal for something like Sanders + Hilton, I may take it just because I'm kind of bullish on Godwin.  

I obviously like that deal much better, but not sure it's enough to get them to bite (always hard to tell how people value players, especially their own)

FFC has the following ADPs (10 team / PPR):

Freeman - 29
Godwin - 41

Sanders - 61
Hilton - 50

So it seems unlikely without having played a snap that Joe Average will bite, but certainly you know your league better than me.

Source

4 minutes ago, Soggust said:

It's probably what you would need to get the CMC owner on board (and they still may not because people just love getting the best player in the deal), but I don't know how much it helps you. Judging from your team stated earlier that would leave you with (assuming this is standard positions):

WR: MVS / Allison
RB: CMC
FLX: Ekeler / Sanders

vs

WR: Mike Evans
RB: Michel
FLX: Hilton / Ekeler / Sanders

Obviously Saquon / CMC alone will win you a lot of games and WRs are certainly able to be waiver wired compared to two top - 2 studs, but it's a hefty price to pay. I think I like the second roster a bit better until your WR2 situation gets sorted out. If you are confident in your waiver wire ability, I can certainly see the logic, but waiting a week or two might be the play imo. Especially being an Ekeler owner, because if he goes off for 100yards and a td or two, he will have tremendous trade value (esp to the Gordon owner), if no new Gordon news comes out. He would be my target to trade, personally. But it's not terrible, just not my cup of tea.

The bolded is why I make moves like that in this league. I'm an ardent top end talent guy in this league because outside of one other owner, the fact of the matter is that I play the waiver wire and the "schedule trade game" better than anyone. I agree that this would crush my depth, particularly my WR2 position. But the idea at that point would be to turn around and offer someone like Sanders for Diggs, something in that area. I am also a big proponent of flipping positional guys to create more value (IE, randomly add in a flip of two players that play the same position and talk the person into believing that it's always going to work out in their favor while I'm probably not losing much in the net game).  

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Good post, thank you. 

Edit

Edited by CriminalMind
Read that wrong .... Sanders and Freemon, not a wash

3 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I obviously like that deal much better, but not sure it's enough to get them to bite (always hard to tell how people value players, especially their own)

FFC has the following ADPs (10 team / PPR):

Freeman - 29
Godwin - 41

Sanders - 61
Hilton - 50

So it seems unlikely without having played a snap that Joe Average will bite, but certainly you know your league better than me.

Source

Good call. May have to flip that to Michel rather than Sanders, which I'm fine with (or Ekeler...Ekeler went much later, but the guy wanted him pretty badly lol).  I think I can offer to make up more value to him by flipping Jimmy G for Josh Allen. this is what I was talking about in the previous post. He's going to end up thinking that Jimmy is the far superior option than Allen, when in truth, it's quite possible that Allen has the superior fantasy season by a decent margin. The fact that Allen just looks bad optically is an amazing thing to take advantage of.