Trade Help

Motion

We're having a discussion about this trade in my league. (The previous 2 versions have been vetoed)

Team A gets:
Ju Ju Smith-Schuster
Tom Brady
2020 14th Rd Pick

Team B gets:
Drew Brees
Devonta Freeman
Manny Sanders
2020 2nd Rd Pick

*The last two versions, Team B was receiving a 4th Rd, and a 3rd Rd respectively

38 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

1 PPR

I get - Leonard Fournette, Stefon Diggs & Jimmy Graham 

I give - Joe Mixon, Hunter Henry, Marquise Brown

RB - Bell, Mixon, Cohen, Freeman (4 RB limit league)

WR - Hilton, Cooks, Gordon, Fitz, Brown

TE - Henry, Mark Andrews

I'd do it. Ankle injuries tend to linger and Diggs is a pretty nice sweetener.

I’ve offered Aaron Jones and Stefon Diggs for Amari Cooper and Tevin Coleman. 

My thought process is that A.) it seems already like the Vikings are gearing towards more run, less pass and B.) The Packers are always going to be a pass heavy team as long as Rodgers is there. 

This would leave me with a projected starting lineup of Matt Ryan, Kamara, Julio, Cooper, Evan Engram and a weekly flex of either Chris Thompson, Ron Jones, Sterling Shepard, Marvin Jones or Christian Kirk.

* Melvin Gordon is stashed *   PPR 

Am I overreacting to one week or does this look like a good move?   The other owner needs RB help and has Hopkins, Evans and Cooper. 

3 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

We're having a discussion about this trade in my league. (The previous 2 versions have been vetoed)

Team A gets:
Ju Ju Smith-Schuster
Tom Brady
2020 14th Rd Pick

Team B gets:
Drew Brees
Devonta Freeman
Manny Sanders
2020 2nd Rd Pick

*The last two versions, Team B was receiving a 4th Rd, and a 3rd Rd respectively

I don't like it but I don't think any of the 3 trades should be veto-able.  Vetos should be used for Collusion not to judge the perceived fairness of a trade IMO.  I'd have left the league immediately if I was a participant in either side of the trade.  Far too often league members use vetos as a tool to keep their opponent from improving.  If one owner has more friends in the league than another it's an immediate disadvantage when it comes to trading.

It's not a trade I would have made but I don't think it's that far off in a keeper league.  In my main league, Sanders is a high end future asset.  Moving him and Freeman for JuJu who looked rather pedestrian on Monday wouldn't be all that much of a stretch depending on the roster construction and league limitations when it comes to keepers.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, BillSabre said:

I’ve offered Aaron Jones and Stefon Diggs for Amari Cooper and Tevin Coleman. 

My thought process is that A.) it seems already like the Vikings are gearing towards more run, less pass and B.) The Packers are always going to be a pass heavy team as long as Rodgers is there. 

This would leave me with a projected starting lineup of Matt Ryan, Kamara, Julio, Cooper, Evan Engram and a weekly flex of either Chris Thompson, Ron Jones, Sterling Shepard, Marvin Jones or Christian Kirk.

* Melvin Gordon is stashed *   PPR 

Am I overreacting to one week or does this look like a good move?   The other owner needs RB help and has Hopkins, Evans and Cooper. 

Don't like it.  Feel like you are selling really low on Jones/ Diggs and buying really high for Cooper.  With Coleman being out for an extended period of time you are paying a pretty steep price.  

I'd rather trade Jones straight up for Cooper or stay put.  

5 minutes ago, SSG said:

I don't like it but I don't think any of the 3 trades should be veto-able.  Vetos should be used for Collusion not to judge the perceived fairness of a trade IMO.  I'd have left the league immediately if I was a participant in either side of the trade.  Far too often league members use vetos as a tool to keep their opponent from improving.  If one owner has more friends in the league than another it's an immediate disadvantage when it comes to trading.

It's not a trade I would have made but I don't think it's that far off in a keeper league.  In my main league, Sanders is a high end future asset.  Moving him and Freeman for JuJu who looked rather pedestrian on Monday wouldn't be all that much of a stretch depending on the roster construction and league limitations when it comes to keepers.  

Yeah, we have a three member "Trade Committee" that evaluates and deems how to proceed.

Team B in this scenario is consistently getting taken advantage of via trades, so I think we're gonna boot him out anyways. 

2 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Yeah, we have a three member "Trade Committee" that evaluates and deems how to proceed.

Team B in this scenario is consistently getting taken advantage of via trades, so I think we're gonna boot him out anyways. 

Yeah, I don't know.  Part of fantasy football is the ability to negotiate, make deals and use some foresight (in keeper/ dynasty leagues).

Food for thought....... think week 1 of 2017.  Assuming the week 1 players and performances were the same minus the rookie RB.  You plug Alvin Kamara into that deal as the rookie RB and your committee would have totally screwed over team B.  

10 minutes ago, SARGO127 said:

14 team league, PPR....My team:

QB Wilson

RBx2: David Johnson, Mixon

WR x 3: Diggs, Boyd, Allen Robinson

TE: OJ

Flex: Penny, Marquis Brown

I was offered Keenan Allen, Duke Johnson, Matt Breida for Johnson and my last two guys on my roster...

should I do it?

NOPE

18 minutes ago, SARGO127 said:

14 team league, PPR....My team:

QB Wilson

RBx2: David Johnson, Mixon

WR x 3: Diggs, Boyd, Allen Robinson

TE: OJ

Flex: Penny, Marquis Brown

I was offered Keenan Allen, Duke Johnson, Matt Breida for Johnson and my last two guys on my roster...

should I do it?

i might counter with Mixon, but definitely no to the original

nnng Ok I'm the Cook owner in my league and I want to trade for Mattison, the handcuff. 

Thinking of offering one of the following:

Gio Bernard RB
James Washington WR
Malcolm Brown RB
Mecole Hardman WR

I originally thought to deal Gio since I dont really have strong feelings for the guy but Idk if that might be too much or too little

Or should I play chicken for a few weeks and hope he gets dropped?

My RBs: Cook, Montgomery, Sanders, Gio, Brown

Edited by tab

So, Hunter Henry went down for a month+ and I'm stuck with Jordan Reed at TE. I got offered Josh Gordon and Mark Andrews for Adam Thielen and Henry. Do I stand pat and roll with whatever I can at TE or do I grab Andrews?

We start 3 WR and I have TY Hilton and Kenny Golladay as my other 2 starters with Tom Brady as my QB. My backup WRs are Michael Gallup and Mecole Hardman. 

@JaguarCrazy2832

Edited by beekay414

15 hours ago, tab said:

nnng Ok I'm the Cook owner in my league and I want to trade for Mattison, the handcuff. 

Thinking of offering one of the following:

Gio Bernard RB
James Washington WR
Malcolm Brown RB
Mecole Hardman WR

I originally thought to deal Gio since I dont really have strong feelings for the guy but Idk if that might be too much or too little

Or should I play chicken for a few weeks and hope he gets dropped?

My RBs: Cook, Montgomery, Sanders, Gio, Brown

Gio at the very least is a reasonable offer (they are both just handcuffs for the most part, and Gio probably has more value on a game in, game out basis in a ppr league). I don't think I'd trade Hardman at this juncture. The upside is far too great in my opinion in that offense. The risk of him not being worth much and missing the opportunity to ship him is absolutely worth the top end reward you can get from him. 

Brown I'd hold on to. Just because. Washington is a fair offer as well, though you're running greater risk there (I can't imagine that Moncrief will continue to see WR2 reps / snaps given all these drops). 

I'd start with Gio, go Washington if absolutely necessary to make the deal work if you're that set on Mattison.  

• Like 1