Trade Help

Motion

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

The bolded is why I make moves like that in this league. I'm an ardent top end talent guy in this league because outside of one other owner, the fact of the matter is that I play the waiver wire and the "schedule trade game" better than anyone. I agree that this would crush my depth, particularly my WR2 position. But the idea at that point would be to turn around and offer someone like Sanders for Diggs, something in that area. I am also a big proponent of flipping positional guys to create more value (IE, randomly add in a flip of two players that play the same position and talk the person into believing that it's always going to work out in their favor while I'm probably not losing much in the net game).  

If I can line up a Sanders for Diggs trade, I think I turn prolly 90%+ in favor of this. I'm skeptical Joe Average will bite until Ekeler produces a week or two (because Diggs has name value), but if you can make that - again I'm all for it (hell, I would do that with/without the other trade ha).

A Diggs WR2 is strong and being weak at flex obviously allows you much more flexibility in adding WW depth (since you can get WR or RB). Not to mention you have Ekeler who will make either a solid trade piece for a flex or very good flex buying you time to get the WW additions over the beginning of the season. 

25 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I actually like your RBs more than your WRs (from a depth perspective obv).

TY isn't a guy I want to roll out every week (especially to begin the season), but I think shopping him now is shortsighted. His value is rock bottom given the Luck news. Could he have a terrible year and fall off the face of the earth? Of course, but it's also reasonable he outperforms expectations and puts up a solid season. I love him as a WR3/FLX and I just don't see you getting decent value for him. Given your WR1 + WR2 are elite, you are able to let it play out a bit and I feel like MVS/Allison is going to be a guessing game each week as to who to start and I'm just not super high on Pettis, so I personally would want to keep Hilton in this situation.

Furthermore, Saquon is obv best in slot at RB1, but I feel like Michel is a strong RB2 (maybe a bit diminished in full PPR, but certainly not necessary to trade imo). Sanders looks to be a very decent option in PPR if Michel turns out to underperform and Ekeler could/should allow you to wait and evaluate on the Hilton/Sanders/Michel situations, worst case scenario.

In all, I like staying pat here personally, especially if you are targeting Cook, who hasn't demonstrated an ability to stay healthy. I think Freeman is a much more appealing option personally, but unless you are getting prime value, I just don't see you needing to make a trade.

Are you really selling high at this point though? Feels like his value is piss poor given the Luck news. He went in the middle of the 5th in my keeper league (with 20 players kept, so basically + 2 rounds). I respect your opinion completely and FF is obviously all a guessing game at this point, but I completely disagree at this point. 

I think its selling high right now because there is some hope/belief that Brissett is improved. So that sense of hope will keep some people believing in Hilton. I personally think if Hilton comes out and has 3-4 bad games to start the season off, his value will be diminished. He also might prove me and alot of people wrong, and Brissett could actually keep Hilton relevant. But i tend to think Hilton will bust this year, and its only a matter of time before his value is at rock bottom. We can agree to disagree on this one. Hilton went in the 4th in my league as the guys WR2. I wouldnt have touched him till the 6th round. My point is that i think his value will only drop further, so might as well use his as a trade chip while you still can (if you can). 

Just now, Eric dunn said:

I think its selling high right now because there is some hope/belief that Brissett is improved. So that sense of hope will keep some people believing in Hilton. I personally think if Hilton comes out and has 3-4 bad games to start the season off, his value will be diminished. He also might prove me and alot of people wrong, and Brissett could actually keep Hilton relevant. But i tend to think Hilton will bust this year, and its only a matter of time before his value is at rock bottom. We can agree to disagree on this one. Hilton went in the 4th in my league as the guys WR2. I wouldnt have touched him till the 6th round. My point is that i think his value will only drop further, so might as well use his as a trade chip while you still can (if you can). 

While I may not agree, I certainly understand the perspective and I certainly don't think you are alone in that line of thinking. 

Do you see a scenario where Brissett plays poorly, yet Hilton still produces? Like they have to throw the ball a zillion times because they are down? There are certainly a lot of ways to go on this one and it's why I love hilton as a BN/FLX option instead of a starter, so you have a bit of time to evaluate.

Just now, Soggust said:

While I may not agree, I certainly understand the perspective and I certainly don't think you are alone in that line of thinking. 

Do you see a scenario where Brissett plays poorly, yet Hilton still produces? Like they have to throw the ball a zillion times because they are down? There are certainly a lot of ways to go on this one and it's why I love hilton as a BN/FLX option instead of a starter, so you have a bit of time to evaluate.

That scenario is what I'm banking on should I not be able to trade Hilton. If Hilton is my wr3/flex, I can live with that if nobody will bite on a trade, especially if Ekeler shows out a little bit. 

5 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk what side you're on but you want to be on the Jones side imo

That's the side I'd get. 

He only has one quarterback on his team in a superflex league where almost everyone has 2/3 quarterbacks, so I'm trying to press the value more toward my side. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

@Soggust @JaguarCrazy2832 @ anyone else

Aaron Jones for Miles Sanders + Jimmy G? I'm thinking yes. Jimmy G is my third QB in a 2 QB league. Matt Stafford is in the wire and a serviceable replacement as my bench QB

I 1000% want Jones here if you think you can pull that off. Jimmy G is JAG at this point and, while Sanders could absolutely outproduce Jones in a lot of scenarios, most folks are banking on Jones being better as noted by the ADP. 

Jones is a proven fantastic player who just needs opportunity. Sanders is an unknown. I want Jones no questions asked at this point especially considering you aren’t giving up much if anything (Stafford >= Jimmy at this point, imo) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, holt_bruce81 said:

So...I just got offered this trade...

I trade: Kerryon Johnson, Will Fuller

I receive: Julio Jones

I decline this right? NOT because it's a bad trade. it's an absolute steal IMO. But for the integrity of the league that I'm the Commish of and just started this year. 

Do you have a veto period? 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Do you have a veto period? 

Nope. But guess I should Make one. Just hate if a guy makes a trade Sunday morning, he won’t have that guy for that weeks games right? 

In my other league it’s just the commish who approves trades. So if you call him and tell him about a trade he’ll jump on and approve it and then the trade goes through right then and there. 

Just now, holt_bruce81 said:

Nope. But guess I should Make one. Just hate if a guy makes a trade Sunday morning, he won’t have that guy for that weeks games right? 

In my other league it’s just the commish who approves trades. So if you call him and tell him about a trade he’ll jump on and approve it and then the trade goes through right then and there. 

Generally speaking, none of my leagues have veto periods. I think it has to be super egregious for a trade to be worthy of a veto. This trade wouldn't meet that criteria for me on the surface (if he went something like 0 RB, a trade like this could make a degree of sense depending on what else he has, though he's still getting the short end of the straw, on the surface). 

I only asked because I do think it's a bit of a tricky spot given it's a new league and you are commissioner, so i get that you may want to work some special care on this one. I think you just make the deal - if enough people complain about it, you can flip it back if you are thinking it impacts the integrity of the team. None of the other guys are turning this trade down though, so I"m not sure that just because you are commish that you should either. 

2 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

So...I just got offered this trade...

I trade: Kerryon Johnson, Will Fuller

I receive: Julio Jones

I decline this right? NOT because it's a bad trade. it's an absolute steal IMO. But for the integrity of the league that I'm the Commish of and just started this year. 

Only veto trades if collusion is involved. Anything else than that is actually what messes with the 'integrity' of a league IMO, you either give the owners the freedom to run their teams or you don't. 

Take that trade and run because if you turn it down that taco is gonna turn around and offer the same thing to someone else in your league for like Marlon Mack and Anthony Miller and the 'integrity of your league' is still gonna be messed up and you won't even be benefiting. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Only veto trades if collusion is involved. Anything else than that is actually what messes with the 'integrity' of a league IMO, you either give the owners the freedom to run their teams or you don't. 

I agree with this.