2019 Week 1 Packers @ Bears Game Week discussion

boratt

I don't know why I keep seeing, "New coach, 9-7..."

That's a stupid thing.  Matt Nagy was a new coach last year and he had Trubisky at QB.  Yeah, the Bears defense had a lot of talent, but we took some of that talent and added three pass rushers, not just one, and we have Alexander.

I don't care about new coach, I care about good/bad coach. 

• Like 4

I'm treating this thread like the GDT until given reason not to. 

First drives for both teams will be important.  Is there enough tape on Nagy/Trubisky to slow down their offense? 

Is Rodgers comfortable enough in this offense with 0 preseason snaps to get going early? 

Will the Bears defense miss Fangio?

Will the Packers defense do well in its second year under Pettine? 

Those are things that we will get good clues on from the first drives of the game. 

Still a lot of youth in our secondary.  We're counting on King/Alexander/Savage. 

Bears probably won't have Burton, the rest of their TEs will cover themselves for the most part. If Pettine has a LB try to cover Cohen on a non-blitz, I'm driving to Chicago and firing him myself and I will be DC this year. I honestly don't think Trubisky can beat us in a matchup without a good short passing game vs Aaron unless the offense flat out blows (like it did in Chi last year).

• Like 1

Packers match up well against the Bears.

Our veteran QB and OL neutralize some of the Bears best qualities on defense. 

I like the makeup of our defense. Muscle up front with the DL and edge players. Elite speed on the boundaries with Alexander, King and Savage. Veteran communication and presence inside with Martinez, Amos and Tramon at nickel. It’s a perfect mix of talented youth, tied together with veteran savvy at the inside communication positions. 

Scott has been punting at an elite level. Mase is solid. Davis is dangerous. Our special teams looks solid going in. 

I see a W

So I thought I had it all figured out; Eastern NC : Generator (check) Fuel for a couple weeks (check) Brats(check) TONS OF BEER(check) Antenna(Check) now I have been informed that the local broadcast channels switch to 24hr news during hurricanes. My question is why? You think we wont know the storm is still there or still blowing? Why cant we just get updates across the bottom of the screen while being distracted with the greatest football team on the planet. I hope my cellular service stays good enough to stream the game.

We'll learn pretty quick here what LaFleur's stance on pass pro is. Mac probably shook Bulaga and Bahk's hands before the game as he told them about the deserted island he was dropping them on with no chance for help. With Mack first out of the gate we'll quickly see if LaFleur is a guy who helps his tackles in pass pro or leaves them truly 1-1 like Mac. More specifically Bulaga vs Mack. Bahk I can't imagine will have much of an issue vs Floyd. 

Week 2 it's Danielle Hunter and Griffen and then week 3 Von Miller comes to town. Rough draw out of the gate for our OTs.

• Like 2

On opening up the offense against the Bears: 
Davante: "its been kinda rated G a little bit, so far throughout preseason so we don't give away all the goods" 
Reporter: "Could it be R-rated this Thursday?"
Davante: "It could be a rated X movie, we'll see" 

Love this kid lol.

Edited by festiveonion
  • Like 2

Davante is a cool dude. And likable. He even joked that Rodgers was old. I never gave Davante his due for some reason. Better late than never I guess. He also talked about the Ocho Cinco video in his interview. Well worth your 5 mins to take a look

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don't know why I keep seeing, "New coach, 9-7..."

That's a stupid thing.  Matt Nagy was a new coach last year and he had Trubisky at QB.  Yeah, the Bears defense had a lot of talent, but we took some of that talent and added three pass rushers, not just one, and we have Alexander.

I don't care about new coach, I care about good/bad coach. 

Don't get too excited yet about the Packers.  At the end of last year they were closer to last place then first place. The QB (Rodgers) just had his 2nd bad year. Let's wait and see how they do these first few games. Anyone right now saying 10-6 or even 12-4 are nuts. I just hope these guys are really good and we will see on Thursday.