Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

because he is 53 years old, and if he had gone to say, Idaho, or if he were 2 shades darker, nobody would want him on the team.  But since he is bleached-linen-white, and went to a directional Wisconsin school, he has a built-in fan base, and I resent that.  

He's gritty, a real overachiever. A gym rat. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

because he is 53 years old, and if he had gone to say, Idaho, or if he were 2 shades darker, nobody would want him on the team.  But since he is bleached-linen-white, and went to a directional Wisconsin school, he has a built-in fan base, and I resent that.  

This cracks me up actually.

The fact that he's white is just casual. We like him because he went to said "directional" Wisconsin school and we've got this notion that he's a 6-5 burner that turns everything he touches into gold. I remember back in the day on the old ESPN threads where people would not shut up about Travarous Bain; this is the same phenomena all over again...

Also, we can now confirm that if you are a draft pick, you will make the team over a UDFA or 2nd year UDFA even if you haven't produced at your particular position; see Davis over Lazard...

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Are we really still going bat**** over Damarious Randall? Good lord.

TRADE RODGERS BUT GOOD LORD DON'T TRADE RANDALL

It's one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on this site. It's "all lies" man. It's not quitting on your team if you have a temper tantrum on the sidelines and your HC tells you IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME to get off the field. No it's Mac's fault. The vets and HC on this team are mostly gone now, guess we needed more soft whiners, cause that would've helped us win a championship.

Kizer experiment was a huge flop. I don't think there was anything wrong with the trade, didn't at the time and don't now. If there's a 1st round graded QB who goes 0-15 in 2022 but the staff feels confident they can fix him and Darnell Savage has had a completely up and down career and they aren't going to 5th year option him, I hope we make the trade again. Unless Gute knows our HC has completely lost his balls and is running a dumpster fire of a QB room, then just forget it. I can't imagine trying to develop as a player without a QB coach who does a damn thing, and having to be the go between from McCarthy to Rodgers and their broken relationship. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Joe said:

The fact that he's white is just casual. We like him because he went to said "directional" Wisconsin school and we've got this notion that he's a 6-5 burner that turns everything he touches into gold. I remember back in the day on the old ESPN threads where people would not shut up about Travarous Bain; this is the same phenomena all over again...

Also, we can now confirm that if you are a draft pick, you will make the team over a UDFA or 2nd year UDFA even if you haven't produced at your particular position; see Davis over Lazard...

I dunno, the hype train for marginal WRs usually runs white - Abbrederis, Janis, now Kumerow. I mean, they were all legit NFL talents (not saying All Pros, but all justifiable on rosters) but I don't recall people being that excited about, say, early-period Donald Driver, or how players like Adams and James Jones were regarded as hot garbage. Any 1 of the latter achieved more in their career than the former 3. 

Edited by Mr Bad Example

18 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Can someone tell me what Fadol Brown brings to a professional football team that he can miss an entire camp and still make it? As I look at our roster I can't help but scratch my head and wonder why. I would have to imagine he's#53 and the first to go if we make a claim.

Ended the season well last year. I actually like the guy and the juice he brings. Refreshing at times. I agree though, if Gute gets off his *** and adds an ILB, Brown might be first out. 

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's one of the most ridiculous things I've seen on this site. It's "all lies" man. It's not quitting on your team if you have a temper tantrum on the sidelines and your HC tells you IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME to get off the field. No it's Mac's fault. The vets and HC on this team are mostly gone now, guess we needed more soft whiners, cause that would've helped us win a championship.

Kizer experiment was a huge flop. I don't think there was anything wrong with the trade, didn't at the time and don't now. If there's a 1st round graded QB who goes 0-15 in 2022 but the staff feels confident they can fix him and Darnell Savage has had a completely up and down career and they aren't going to 5th year option him, I hope we make the trade again. Unless Gute knows our HC has completely lost his balls and is running a dumpster fire of a QB room, then just forget it. I can't imagine trying to develop as a player without a QB coach who does a damn thing, and having to be the go between from McCarthy to Rodgers and their broken relationship. 

I’m over it personally but I think the anger is over the return of trading a starting caliber player (albeit a jerk) for a backup QB. I didn’t like it then either. Wish we woulda gotten another pick. 

Its not like its its a move that’s gonna affect this franchise in the slightest though , time to move on. Can’t hit on everything 

Looking at our pass rush group: Z'Smith, P.Smith, Gary and F.Brown all have very similar body types. That's clearly by design. I honestly think that Pettine sees F.Brown as a like for like backup for Z'Smith for the interior and I think he could very well see the odd OLB work too. Pettine can now do far more rotation and moving players inside and outside the defensive front. Fackrell will just be our situational speed rusher just like last year. I would argue we will be seeing alot less of Fackrell this year considering all the additions we made to our pass rush group.

It's quite exciting seeing a very different style Packers defence this year. We've gone from a flaky and lightweight Capers team to a heavier and more physical Pettine team.

16 minutes ago, Chili said:

Looking at our pass rush group: Z'Smith, P.Smith, Gary and F.Brown all have very similar body types. That's clearly by design. I honestly think that Pettine sees F.Brown as a like for like backup for Z'Smith for the interior and I think he could very well see the odd OLB work too. Pettine can now do far more rotation and moving players inside and outside the defensive front. Fackrell will just be our situational speed rusher just like last year. I would argue we will be seeing alot less of Fackrell this year considering all the additions we made to our pass rush group.

It's quite exciting seeing a very different style Packers defence this year. We've gone from a flaky and lightweight Capers team to a heavier and more physical Pettine team.

But we can't pretend because they have the same body type we will get a similar body of work. 

Fadol is a fringe roster guy at the moment. We've improved at EDGE but still have a long way to go in Gary's development and who knows what we get from Fackrell. I could see Fackrell getting reps at ILB to be honest. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Joe said:

Want to know something funny? That was me, and it was a joke the entire time.  I'm pretty sure that I made a mock draft where I traded all of the Packers picks to move up in the first to be sure to get Travarous Bain.  

So, are all of the Kumerow fans just trolling me?