Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

15 minutes ago, cannondale said:

We traded a locker room cancer for a lottery ticket. It didn't work out

Citation needed.  You’re lying.  You have literally zero facts to back this statement up.

There hasn’t been a single bad word about Randall from Cleveland and you still believe this bull****.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Davis lost last year to injury. If it was a knee, people wouldnt have put the "always injured" tag on him

When he was healthy (like all of 2017.....) he was very productive - on STs. His WR development was always something he needed to work on and it appears he's improved in that area.

The concept of "instant analysis" and need for "instant success" on social / sports media runs contrary to player development at such a competitive level as the NFL.

He was middle of the pack on ST's and his routes are still stiff as a board. I'm thinking he's there to groom Shep to take over his RS spot after the year.

6 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Back in those days I was on the ESPN forums Im pretty sure that every other poster was 13 and only knew about football through Madden. It was crazy what people would say or propose as a good trade or pickup idea. 

ain't that the truth. I started posting there around 2005 and all everyone did was attack people...

2 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Back in those days I was on the ESPN forums Im pretty sure that every other poster was 13 and only knew about football through Madden. It was crazy what people would say or propose as a good trade or pickup idea. 

Yeah, a lot of old different boards... I liked the days of Joe Arrigo and "Patty" pretending to be NFL insiders. I think Arrigo crashed on this board.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

did forums exist when Driver was a rookie or 2nd year guy? because I would've led that hype train. He had a great TC his rookie year and completely balled out every chance he got..

Forums of one sort or another have existed since the mid-80s. But I believe FootballGuys and TheHuddle, among others, had active forums at that point in time. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Citation needed.  You’re lying.  You have literally zero facts to back this statement up.

There hasn’t been a single bad word about Randall from Cleveland and you still believe this bull****.

I don't give a rats azz about Randall's behavior in Cleveland. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Except there has been, it just hasn't been as newsworthy as the stuff that happened here. You could really make the case that the incidents involving Randall were the final few nails in the coffin for Capers. You read these tweets and quotes from former Packers like Hyde and Hayward and it's very clear that the DB's felt they couldn't achieve in Dom's defense...

7 minutes ago, Reaper said:

Oh, I still see that - not sure if it's just in GB forums because I don't hang at other teams sites, but you get people like "Houston wants to trade Clowney? We should offer them Montravious!" because yeah, the Texans would've gone for that (well, considering how the trade panned out, they might've). 

1 minute ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Sometimes getting traded serves as a wake-up call....see what happened to Cris Carter between Phi and Minny; he was apparently about to drink/snort his way out of the league until he was traded. 

He's bailing water with a Dixie cup on a sinking battleship at this point

8 minutes ago, Joe said:

He was middle of the pack on ST's and his routes are still stiff as a board. I'm thinking he's there to groom Shep to take over his RS spot after the year.

He was top ten in punt returns and never fumbled or muffed a KO or punt. He came into the league as a marginal player needing to work on his WR skills. It appears he's done that. Time will tell. Next year is next year and I could care less about it right now. There's a seasons worth of snaps and games to play.

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

I"m starting to warm to this idea. I thought we'd be better at WR going into this year. Allison and Kumerow are JAGs but clearly 2 of our top guys in camp. I thought St. Brown would make a leap and take over the #3 WR spot, he didn't, then got hurt and now on IR. Tells me the Packers didn't think enough of him to wait 4-5 weeks for his ankle to get better. Hard to imagine he's going to be suddenly great next year. Davis might be finally getting it as a WR, but is a free agent next year and I doubt we will pay as much as somebody else if he somewhat breaks out. 

Everybody loved Moore's skill set but he struggled mightily catching the ball. He was the major disappointment in camp IMO. 

I think we need an influx of talent next year at the WR position. 

A lot will depend on how they go about free agency with the in-house options.  Allison, Kumerow, Davis all expire in 2020.  That leaves the team with Adams, MVS, EQ, and Shepherd.  Are you thinking about adding an early draft pick to the group, or adding a few later picks, or hitting the FA market, a little bit of each? Given that 4 return and Shepherd has yet to do anything in an actual NFL game, there is room to add to the group.  I think my strategy would hinge on: how much has MVS improved, is EQ going to recover from injury, is Shepherd All-August or is something there? If all work out, I probably go the draft only route.  If none work out, pay some FAs.