Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

What concerns me most about the Kizer trade is that either Gute or someone he listened to made an evaluation of Kizer and thought he could he a player. That's the scary part because Kizer exhibited the same problems here he had in Cleveland, the same problems he had at ND....accuracy and God-awful decision-making. Those are hard things to fix, if they can be fixed at all. Poor talent evaluation on our part.

McCarthy was probably like .. I can fix him!  There was some chatter that the Packers brass was high on the guy when he was drafted, and they took a shot at trading for a guy they thought they could turn into a NFL starting QB.  They swung and missed .. badly!

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Is that true though? All I heard was that some "veterans committee" wanted him gone.  What did he actually do? 

It's not true.  There is not a single solitary reputable report about a veterans committee wanting him gone.  Not one. 

Literally nobody went into the 2017 offseason expecting Randall to be gone.  Not one.  It's revisionist history. 

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

To whom?  Burnett?  Matthews?  Perry?  Clinton-Dix?  House?  Daniels? 

Just think about it for a second.  Randall was kept in the locker room after an argument with a coach after Burnett CLEARLY told him to do something that ended up in a touchdown. 

Pettine was hired - Daniels IMMEDIATELY says the best thing about him was accountability.  Accountability gets floated like 37 times after Pettine was hired. 

Read between the lines and you'll see that our best DB playing out of position probably got on the nerves of the likes of Clinton-Dix and Burnett for sucking at their jobs.

Dude - you're clueless. 

How about Rodgers, Bahktiari, Nelson, Cobb ? Those are likely candidates for the Players Committee, whose sole purpose is to report directly to the coach with any problems, ideas, good things, bad things, to ensure the health of the locker room and team. Players are a brotherhood and will go to bat for each other 99.9% of the time. Any fan with an ounce of common sense would know that things would have to be pretty fricken bad in order for your peers to vote you gone.

"Source close to him says it was not while the game was still on." How convenient. Shall I post 20 links from sources NOT close to him that say he bailed ? Not that it matters because you can't see the forest thru the trees. 

If you want to hate the trade, I'm all for it. IF you want to hate the trade because you think Randall was innocent, you're ignoring facts

Edited by cannondale

Just now, Outpost31 said:

To whom?  Burnett?  Matthews?  Perry?  Clinton-Dix?  House?  Daniels? 

Just think about it for a second.  Randall was kept in the locker room after an argument with a coach after Burnett CLEARLY told him to do something that ended up in a touchdown. 

Pettine was hired - Daniels IMMEDIATELY says the best thing about him was accountability.  Accountability gets floated like 37 times after Pettine was hired. 

From what I understand, McCarthy wanted him gone. You're not gonna get link for that; McCarthy is very much a pro about that kinda stuff. There was a lot of stuff said about it on the radio shows and it was out there pretty good after the trade.

Throwing a tantrum in the middle of a game is an issue. You choose your behavior, you choose the consequences. The Packers don't allow selfish players like Odell Beckum, Antonio Brown and Demarcus Randall go unchecked. I 100% approve of that.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Don't tag me with this crap.  Dislike how I post on here all you want, but don't respond to a rant littered with facts discounting the incorrect assumptions of this board with a yikes and a tag.  I just showed definitive proof that Randall did not quit on his team and came back stronger than anyone after that argument and you tag me with a yikes. 

What was the purpose of that? 

Chill out. I've no intention to discuss this with you - especially when you're clearly over wrought for no reason.
Relax. Nobodies lying to you - or about how they feel about things. Just not happening.
You've expressed your opinion. Multiple times now. Fine. Let it go.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Is that true though? All I heard was that some "veterans committee" wanted him gone.  What did he actually do? 

I just posted about McCarthy wanting him gone, that's what I heard.

The only thing we all know for sure  is the tantrum in the Bear game...  A lot of smoke about the aftermath of that, which most of us think is reasonable. Especially considering he was eventually traded for less than his perceived value.

Edited by Donzo

3 minutes ago, Donzo said:

I just posted about McCarthy wanting him gone, that's what I heard.

Yet Randall came out with this earlier in the year:

""Mike McCarthy is a great, great coach," Randall said. "I've got nothing but the utmost respect for him. I just wish him the best. I don't know why they fired him. He's definitely a good, good guy, and he's a great coach.""

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

What concerns me most about the Kizer trade is that either Gute or someone he listened to made an evaluation of Kizer and thought he could he a player. That's the scary part because Kizer exhibited the same problems here he had in Cleveland, the same problems he had at ND....accuracy and God-awful decision-making. Those are hard things to fix, if they can be fixed at all. Poor talent evaluation on our part.

Do you remember the reports that the Packers wanted to take Kizer in that draft? We had picks 33 (King) and 61 (Jones), Kizer went 52.  It was interesting to me that as soon as a few Packers personnel people moved to the Browns, they trade Kizer to the Packers.  Was it Thompson, Gute, Ball, McCarthy, or someone else that really thought they had something there? We traded a starting caliber defensive back for a player who was a big reason a winless team didn't win.

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's not true.  There is not a single solitary reputable report about a veterans committee wanting him gone.  Not one. 

Literally nobody went into the 2017 offseason expecting Randall to be gone.  Not one.  It's revisionist history. 

That's all incorrect.

There was definitely reputable talk about a veterans committee and McCarthy's displeasure. None of us know the facts, but there was lot of reputable chatter.

Your second sentence is just crazy hyperbole. 

Just now, Chili said:

Yet Randall came out with this earlier in the year:

""Mike McCarthy is a great, great coach," Randall said. "I've got nothing but the utmost respect for him. I just wish him the best. I don't know why they fired him. He's definitely a good, good guy, and he's a great coach.""

Yep... Things definitely went sideways with his tantrum.