Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Do you remember the reports that the Packers wanted to take Kizer in that draft? We had picks 33 (King) and 61 (Jones), Kizer went 52.  It was interesting to me that as soon as a few Packers personnel people moved to the Browns, they trade Kizer to the Packers.  Was it Thompson, Gute, Ball, McCarthy, or someone else that really thought they had something there? We traded a starting caliber defensive back for a player who was a big reason a winless team didn't win.

We traded a locker room cancer for a lottery ticket. It didn't work out

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Do you remember the reports that the Packers wanted to take Kizer in that draft? We had picks 33 (King) and 61 (Jones), Kizer went 52.  It was interesting to me that as soon as a few Packers personnel people moved to the Browns, they trade Kizer to the Packers.  Was it Thompson, Gute, Ball, McCarthy, or someone else that really thought they had something there? We traded a starting caliber defensive back for a player who was a big reason a winless team didn't win.

Yea head-scratcher for me. I never thought Kizer had it between the ears, whether in college or the pros. You really can't teach that quality. Physically he can make all the throws, but so can 95% of the other college QBs who fail in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Yea but it was a scratch off lottery ticket with four out of the five chances already scratched off and no return. That's how I'd qualify that analogy.

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

I wonder if the goodwill with Randall started to leave after the Cardinals playoff game his rookie year? In OT, Larry Fitzgerald was wide open and had a 75 yard pass. Cardinals win 2 plays later. Come to find out Randall was the person that blew the coverage. However, when reporters interviewed him he didn't own up to it & said something like 'DB's shouldn't have to cover WR's for 10 seconds.' I'm sure the locker room and organization didn't care for those comments.

1 minute ago, cannondale said:

That's the end result.  The Packers look bad in this deal all around.  Their evaluation of both players was wrong .. they played Randall out of position for a few years, and the QB they had a hard on for couldn't play dead.  They acquire Kizer and fail to make him better .. they lose Randall and he goes to a new club and instantly improves.  Boooo Packers .. a big old swing and a miss.

25 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

You mean like Moore over Shephard? Or Spriggs over Light? Oh wait...

that's because those two were just so horrible that you couldn't ignore it. Davis didn't prove to be a liability on the field like the other two. It's better to do very little than to be stricken with terminal butterfingers for example.

45 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

This ****ing lying BS about what happened with Randall is the worst ****ing crap and I am sick of it. 

And it's being perpetrated by a mod now I see, too. 

I have already gone over this before because I'm sick of the lying BS.  It's so damn old and it's the type of stuff that trolls bring up in spite of being proven wrong time and time and time again. 

HERE IS THE ******* TIMELINE OF EVENTS:

1. Randall gets upset about a play in the Bears-Packers game. 
--Watch the play.  There is the same type of, "Derp a derp, that wasn't Burnett's fault" comments on the play when it is literally got damn obvious what happened on the play.  Burnett literally signals for Randall to do something on the play.  The ball is snapped, Randall goes to the middle of the field only to see that the receiver is going to get wide open since Burnett does something entirely different. 

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017092800/2017/REG4/bears@packers

Randall shows obvious frustration (and why wouldn't you?  Get told to do something that leads directly to a TD by a veteran and now he's gonna get blamed for it when he was doing what he was told to do). 

2. The score is now 7-21 Packers lead over the Glennon Bears.  So all this about him being sent to the locker room was with 12 got damn seconds left in the half. 

3. An argument occurred with a coach.  Randall was kept in the locker room.  IN A GAME THAT WAS DECIDED 35-14. 

4. Randall left the stadium after the game was over. 

Ian Rappaport:

HE DID NOT ****ING QUIT ON HIS ****ING TEAM! 

The VERY NEXT WEEK he has what was essentially a game ending pick six against the Cowboys. 

If the VETERAN LEADER BS that gets repeated here was true, and that the veterans wanted him gone, it didn't work out so ****ing well because Randall had an interception in his next three games.  He started every single game until he got injured and sat the final two games of the season. 

And about this veterans wanting him gone crap...

Daniels - Gone
Matthews - Gone
Burnett - Gone
HaHa - Gone
House - Gone
Brice - Gone
Perry - Gone

That's seven starters who could have possibly been in on this alleged Veterans WanT rANDal Gern crap.  THEY'RE ALL GONE. 

This was all during Dom's time as defensive coordinator, too.  How were we about communication on defense during that time? 

@cannondale, quit lying.

@Packerraymond, quit lying.

@beekay414, quit lying (I haven't suggested trade Rodgers since his contract was signed. During the contract negotiations, I said make him wait until he has a year left (on a two year deal), or trade him if he demands 15% of the cap (which was being reported at the time).  So you quit lying, too, because that BS has to stop as well.  Looks like maybe - just maybe - things would have turned out differently if we had waited to re-sign Rodgers until after his worst season as a QB.  But I'm not gonna get any credit for that because it's always going to be, "Derp, you wanted us to trade Rodgers" with zero context whatsoever. 

I'm not over the Randall trade because for the past two years I've had people refusing to admit that it was a crap trade.  I was a fan of Randall from the moment we drafted him and I thought he was getting a terrible deal from our fans and from us.  Dude has amazing ball skills and cover skills as a safety/slot corner and we were putting him at outside corner, where he performed admirably in every occasion except when he was playing through a groin injury.  Think about playing through a groin injury as a cornerback. 

I swear some of you people have this mentality that the Packers are America and anytime a player leaves the Packers they are somehow spies defecting to Soviet Russia. 

Y'all loved Jordy until he became a Raider and then he was overrated and old and trash. 
Y'all defended Favre just like you defend Rodgers and then when he left he was Satan.

Now everybody acts like Randall positively had to be traded because the veterans when there is ZERO SUBSTANTIATED REPORT OF VETERANS EVER SAYING A WORD AGAINST RANDALL.  Look back on the thread of when Randall was traded and LITERALLY NOBODY SAW IT COMING. 

He was the ONLY defensive back on our ROSTER that was worth a damn and we got Deshaun effing Kizer for him. 

So yes, I get a little frustrated with it.  If people would just admit it was a bad trade from the word go, I'd be over it.  Lord knows Thompson made some terrible moves.  Lord knows McCarthy probably insisted on trading Randall.  I don't blame Gute, I'm just sick to damn death of people STILL defending that trade "in principle" without admitting that "in principle," the trade was for our best defensive back on the roster for a backup QB who should not have been drafted in the second round on a team with a long sad sorry history of overdrafting quarterbacks (Manziel, 30-year old Weeden, Kessler in the third, Colt McCoy, Brady Quinn in the first). 

As soon as people stop LYING about Randall, and as soon as Ray admits it was a terrible trade, I'm done. 

I didn't read this because I don't really care anymore, but that's 10-15 minutes of your life you can't get back. Yeesh.

I'll give you props that you at least defend some worthwhile players on the team with the same passion. Randall, you're just wasting minutes of your life for an opinion no one but you holds of him. Also need to look up the definition of "lie" and "facts."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Yea but it was a scratch off lottery ticket with four out of the five chances already scratched off and no return. That's how I'd qualify that analogy.

Slice it however you want from the Kizer perspective, just don't ignore the fact that Randall's value was zero after what happened. 

Edited by cannondale

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

That's the end result.  The Packers look bad in this deal all around.  Their evaluation of both players was wrong .. they played Randall out of position for a few years, and the QB they had a hard on for couldn't play dead.  They acquire Kizer and fail to make him better .. they lose Randall and he goes to a new club and instantly improves.  Boooo Packers .. a big old swing and a miss.

That's ignoring a lot of stuff, that's been posted  in the last couple pages, to highlight a pure negative spin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I dunno, the hype train for marginal WRs usually runs white - Abbrederis, Janis, now Kumerow. I mean, they were all legit NFL talents (not saying All Pros, but all justifiable on rosters) but I don't recall people being that excited about, say, early-period Donald Driver, or how players like Adams and James Jones were regarded as hot garbage. Any 1 of the latter achieved more in their career than the former 3. 

did forums exist when Driver was a rookie or 2nd year guy? because I would've led that hype train. He had a great TC his rookie year and completely balled out every chance he got.

50 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Want to know something funny? That was me, and it was a joke the entire time.  I'm pretty sure that I made a mock draft where I traded all of the Packers picks to move up in the first to be sure to get Travarous Bain.  

So, are all of the Kumerow fans just trolling me?

It was a great joke. Cheers to you, kid. That was the one thing that kept that forum together until it got trolled to death. Someone on here needs to make a Berkshire_Bull handle or a ttricknee handle to complete the joke...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe said:

that's because those two were just so horrible that you couldn't ignore it. Davis didn't prove to be a liability on the field like the other two. It's better to do very little than to be stricken with terminal butterfingers for example.

Davis lost last year to injury. If it was a knee, people wouldnt have put the "always injured" tag on him

When he was healthy (like all of 2017.....) he was very productive - on STs. His WR development was always something he needed to work on and it appears he's improved in that area.

The concept of "instant analysis" and need for "instant success" on social / sports media runs contrary to player development at such a competitive level as the NFL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe said:

did forums exist when Driver was a rookie or 2nd year guy? because I would've led that hype train. He had a great TC his rookie year and completely balled out every chance he got.

It was a great joke. Cheers to you, kid. That was the one thing that kept that forum together until it got trolled to death. Someone on here needs to make a Berkshire_Bull handle or a ttricknee handle to complete the joke...

Back in those days I was on the ESPN forums Im pretty sure that every other poster was 13 and only knew about football through Madden. It was crazy what people would say or propose as a good trade or pickup idea. 

8 minutes ago, Donzo said:

I just posted about McCarthy wanting him gone, that's what I heard.

The only thing we all know for sure  is the tantrum in the Bear game...  A lot of smoke about the aftermath of that, which most of us think is reasonable. Especially considering he was eventually traded for less than his perceived value.

I heard that stuff also.  But we have the above Demovsky blurb as our proof.  There was no Steelers style player call-out happening.  I am more interested in the "what" than the "if" in this instance.  I can't imagine that being mad for giving up a TD is the only thing that happened.  It is also pretty difficult to determine if a guy is milking an injury.  It seems that behavior has stopped since leaving the Packers.  Maybe he has been a goof on twitter, but I don't know if it is any worse than TJ Lang or Tom Crabtree.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Slice it however you want from the Kizer perspective, just don't ignore the fact that Randall's value was zero after what happened. 

Lol.  Value of zero when in week four he had an argument with a coach and then for 12 straight weeks was the best defensive back on the field and rebounded from an argument with three straight games with an interception.