Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

58 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

why do we hate kumerow? i'll do it if that's what we collectively decide upon 

because he is 53 years old, and if he had gone to say, Idaho, or if he were 2 shades darker, nobody would want him on the team.  But since he is bleached-linen-white, and went to a directional Wisconsin school, he has a built-in fan base, and I resent that.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

or if he were 2 shades darker, nobody would want him on the team.  But since he is bleached-linen-white, and went to a directional Wisconsin school, he has a built-in fan base, and I resent that.  

Youre probably kidding but I doubt the fanbase grew because he's white and went to a wisconsin college lol. The hype only grew because he caught a couple long touchdowns last preseason and people latched onto that like it would translate into the regular season.

Edited by Gopackgonerd

7 hours ago, Chili said:

Just wanted to show the difference between the Packers roster at the end of Thompson's era in 2017 vs our roster now.

v1TIeMr.png

Just 20 players remain on the Packers from 2017. Everyone else is gone. (I realise i've screwed up on Spriggs....either he's still with us or he is a free agent. He can't be both)

After cuts today only 17 remain on NFL rosters (see green dots) , 4 of which are IR or suspended.

TT always kept a young roster so it makes it all the more surprising the most of the are not in the NFL any more especially after just 2 years.

just shows a lack of knowledge of what is typical in the NFL and with the salary cap. most teams have lots of turnover in a period of 2 years. 

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

if he were 2 shades darker, nobody would want him on the team. 

Dang, that some sanctimonious racism there-  awful!

2 shades darker?!? Playing that game, he'd kinda be like Allison... Now, I didn't want Allison on the team. I wanted to replace him him with someone like Jordy Nelson or Jeff Janis. Since you're so enlightened about this, tell me why I wanted this?

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

because he is 53 years old, and if he had gone to say, Idaho, or if he were 2 shades darker, nobody would want him on the team.  But since he is bleached-linen-white, and went to a directional Wisconsin school, he has a built-in fan base, and I resent that.  

We get it ... you don't like the kid making the roster.  That being said, this is one of the dumbest posts ever.   No reason to go off and insult anybody that appreciates what Kumerow has achieved.  Find something else to pee and moan about.  By the way ... not a fan of Kumerow either way.  

I'm a fan of technical players. I agree Kumerow is probably a borderline WR from a physical talent level, he is smooth and exact enough to maximize that talent. TBH it's similar to how I see Geronimo Allison. They can get the job done but I'd love to see two guys added between 2-4 next year to get better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I'm a fan of technical players. I agree Kumerow is probably a borderline WR from a physical talent level, he is smooth and exact enough to maximize that talent. TBH it's similar to how I see Geronimo Allison. They can get the job done but I'd love to see two guys added between 2-4 next year to get better.

I"m starting to warm to this idea. I thought we'd be better at WR going into this year. Allison and Kumerow are JAGs but clearly 2 of our top guys in camp. I thought St. Brown would make a leap and take over the #3 WR spot, he didn't, then got hurt and now on IR. Tells me the Packers didn't think enough of him to wait 4-5 weeks for his ankle to get better. Hard to imagine he's going to be suddenly great next year. Davis might be finally getting it as a WR, but is a free agent next year and I doubt we will pay as much as somebody else if he somewhat breaks out. 

Everybody loved Moore's skill set but he struggled mightily catching the ball. He was the major disappointment in camp IMO. 

I think we need an influx of talent next year at the WR position. 

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Damnit we almost made it ignoring him throughout the thread and you had to blow it.

He can't separate the fact that people think we lost the trade but like the principle of trading a DB on his way out for a young QB. To him it's just "failing" to admit it was a crap trade. I just ignore it now.

I'd much rather just say that Randall sucks and tag @Norm and see where the night takes me.

Not sure what the fuss is about. It was a bad trade, so what.  GMs make stacks of move, some work out and some don't. It really doesn't matter if one foes a bit pear shaped. I'm a bit dubious about Gute's methods but its what happens on the pitch that matters. If he gets enough of his moves right and we have a good team then the ones that failed don't matter.

He does need a good season though. For all the talk of how refreshing is to have a GM prepared to use all methods to improve the roster, the team was bad last year. TT is the benchmark and for his faults, we made the playoffs most of the time and won it once. He had his free pass last season, if we aren't in the playoffs this season then its another matter.

I'm concerned about the offence. Outside of Adams, the receivers are looking very JAGGY.  I'm not sure the line will survive the inevitable Bulaga injuries and we are probably even less dynamic at tight end with Graham another year older. The defence could well be very good this year but the offence is in danger of falling off a cliff.

19 hours ago, Leader said:

I cant speak to how the players fit into the new system, but I was always a proponent of hanging on to Taylor - even if a backup. He's not All Pro material - but he's been steady and can fill in at LT in a pinch. OL depth has been an issue the last two years (and interestingly our QB has been getting clobbered.....) so bulking up along the OL was a good idea IMO.

The numbers I saw from PFT suggested that the person most responsible for Rodgers getting clobbered was Rodgers. He was at fault on a high % of his sacks (I want to say around 50)

18 hours ago, Chili said:

By the way what are the differences in Mack and Clowney situations?

Mack goes for lots of 1st round picks and a massive contract on top.

Clowney is gone for virtually nothing. What gives?

Mack is an absolute game-changer. Clowney is a good player. Difference between a DPOY and a Pro Bowler. Also Hou shat the bed on the Clowney trade, whereas Chi may have overpaid somewhat.