Packers Cuts Thread

Packerraymond

This ****ing lying BS about what happened with Randall is the worst ****ing crap and I am sick of it. 

And it's being perpetrated by a mod now I see, too. 

I have already gone over this before because I'm sick of the lying BS.  It's so damn old and it's the type of stuff that trolls bring up in spite of being proven wrong time and time and time again. 

HERE IS THE ******* TIMELINE OF EVENTS:

1. Randall gets upset about a play in the Bears-Packers game. 
--Watch the play.  There is the same type of, "Derp a derp, that wasn't Burnett's fault" comments on the play when it is literally got damn obvious what happened on the play.  Burnett literally signals for Randall to do something on the play.  The ball is snapped, Randall goes to the middle of the field only to see that the receiver is going to get wide open since Burnett does something entirely different. 

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017092800/2017/REG4/bears@packers

Randall shows obvious frustration (and why wouldn't you?  Get told to do something that leads directly to a TD by a veteran and now he's gonna get blamed for it when he was doing what he was told to do). 

2. The score is now 7-21 Packers lead over the Glennon Bears.  So all this about him being sent to the locker room was with 12 got damn seconds left in the half. 

3. An argument occurred with a coach.  Randall was kept in the locker room.  IN A GAME THAT WAS DECIDED 35-14. 

4. Randall left the stadium after the game was over. 

Ian Rappaport:

There are differing accounts of when exactly Randall left the stadium. Source close to him says it was not while the game was still on. https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/913832224180621315 

HE DID NOT ****ING QUIT ON HIS ****ING TEAM! 

The VERY NEXT WEEK he has what was essentially a game ending pick six against the Cowboys. 

If the VETERAN LEADER BS that gets repeated here was true, and that the veterans wanted him gone, it didn't work out so ****ing well because Randall had an interception in his next three games.  He started every single game until he got injured and sat the final two games of the season. 

And about this veterans wanting him gone crap...

Daniels - Gone
Matthews - Gone
Burnett - Gone
HaHa - Gone
House - Gone
Brice - Gone
Perry - Gone

That's seven starters who could have possibly been in on this alleged Veterans WanT rANDal Gern crap.  THEY'RE ALL GONE. 

This was all during Dom's time as defensive coordinator, too.  How were we about communication on defense during that time? 

@cannondale, quit lying.

@Packerraymond, quit lying.

@beekay414, quit lying (I haven't suggested trade Rodgers since his contract was signed. During the contract negotiations, I said make him wait until he has a year left (on a two year deal), or trade him if he demands 15% of the cap (which was being reported at the time).  So you quit lying, too, because that BS has to stop as well.  Looks like maybe - just maybe - things would have turned out differently if we had waited to re-sign Rodgers until after his worst season as a QB.  But I'm not gonna get any credit for that because it's always going to be, "Derp, you wanted us to trade Rodgers" with zero context whatsoever. 

I'm not over the Randall trade because for the past two years I've had people refusing to admit that it was a crap trade.  I was a fan of Randall from the moment we drafted him and I thought he was getting a terrible deal from our fans and from us.  Dude has amazing ball skills and cover skills as a safety/slot corner and we were putting him at outside corner, where he performed admirably in every occasion except when he was playing through a groin injury.  Think about playing through a groin injury as a cornerback. 

I swear some of you people have this mentality that the Packers are America and anytime a player leaves the Packers they are somehow spies defecting to Soviet Russia. 

Y'all loved Jordy until he became a Raider and then he was overrated and old and trash. 
Y'all defended Favre just like you defend Rodgers and then when he left he was Satan.

Now everybody acts like Randall positively had to be traded because the veterans when there is ZERO SUBSTANTIATED REPORT OF VETERANS EVER SAYING A WORD AGAINST RANDALL.  Look back on the thread of when Randall was traded and LITERALLY NOBODY SAW IT COMING. 

He was the ONLY defensive back on our ROSTER that was worth a damn and we got Deshaun effing Kizer for him. 

So yes, I get a little frustrated with it.  If people would just admit it was a bad trade from the word go, I'd be over it.  Lord knows Thompson made some terrible moves.  Lord knows McCarthy probably insisted on trading Randall.  I don't blame Gute, I'm just sick to damn death of people STILL defending that trade "in principle" without admitting that "in principle," the trade was for our best defensive back on the roster for a backup QB who should not have been drafted in the second round on a team with a long sad sorry history of overdrafting quarterbacks (Manziel, 30-year old Weeden, Kessler in the third, Colt McCoy, Brady Quinn in the first). 

As soon as people stop LYING about Randall, and as soon as Ray admits it was a terrible trade, I'm done. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Golfman said:

DeShone Kizer is cut so we can give that a rest! 

Randall = addition by subtraction. Like Dez Bryant and so many other divas. 

Agree. DR was done here. Plus the entire impetus to bring Kizer over was to put an end to the Hundley era. Rightly or wrongly, Hundley was deemed "not part of the GBP future" or in need of serious challenge. They had a chance to bring in an arm to facilitate that end and did it. Sorry it didnt work out. Thought he had the tools but needed rewiring. Not the case apparently. Oh well. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Can someone tell me what Fadol Brown brings to a professional football team that he can miss an entire camp and still make it? As I look at our roster I can't help but scratch my head and wonder why. I would have to imagine he's#53 and the first to go if we make a claim.

ZxT4lFx.jpg

I thought that he played some OLB for us last season, but I could be lying.  Perhaps he is better on special teams than the other second tier DL?

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

As soon as people stop LYING about Randall, and as soon as Ray admits it was a terrible trade, I'm done. 

A lot of good stuff in your post, but you totally lost it here. Also, even though Randal didn't quit on the team, he was a pain in the *** diva  and probably a locker room cancer. You gotta own that.

It was a good trade for the Packers. One of the assets not working out doesn't change that. The posters perpetually bellyaching about this trade completely ignore  the cost of resigning Randall. The Packers leveraging the savings from that into Amos is a net positive.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Also, we can now confirm that if you are a draft pick, you will make the team over a UDFA or 2nd year UDFA even if you haven't produced at your particular position; see Davis over Lazard...

You mean like Moore over Shephard? Or Spriggs over Light? Oh wait...

Just now, Donzo said:

he was a pain in the *** diva  and probably a locker room cancer. You gotta own that.

To whom?  Burnett?  Matthews?  Perry?  Clinton-Dix?  House?  Daniels? 

Just think about it for a second.  Randall was kept in the locker room after an argument with a coach after Burnett CLEARLY told him to do something that ended up in a touchdown. 

Pettine was hired - Daniels IMMEDIATELY says the best thing about him was accountability.  Accountability gets floated like 37 times after Pettine was hired. 

Read between the lines and you'll see that our best DB playing out of position probably got on the nerves of the likes of Clinton-Dix and Burnett for sucking at their jobs.

What concerns me most about the Kizer trade is that either Gute or someone he listened to made an evaluation of Kizer and thought he could he a player. That's the scary part because Kizer exhibited the same problems here he had in Cleveland, the same problems he had at ND....accuracy and God-awful decision-making. Those are hard things to fix, if they can be fixed at all. Poor talent evaluation on our part.

3 minutes ago, Donzo said:

A lot of good stuff in your post, but you totally lost it here. Also, even though Randal didn't quit on the team, he was a pain in the *** diva  and probably a locker room cancer. You gotta own that.

It was a good trade for the Packers. One of the assets not working out doesn't change that. The posters perpetually bellyaching about this trade completely ignore  the cost of resigning Randall. The Packers leveraging the savings from that into Amos is a net positive.

Is that true though? All I heard was that some "veterans committee" wanted him gone.  What did he actually do? 

Just now, Leader said:

Yikes @Outpost31

Don't tag me with this crap.  Dislike how I post on here all you want, but don't respond to a rant littered with facts discounting the incorrect assumptions of this board with a yikes and a tag.  I just showed definitive proof that Randall did not quit on his team and came back stronger than anyone after that argument and you tag me with a yikes. 

What was the purpose of that?